It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Mexican-Americans who agree with Trump on immigration

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I know this guy is such a bigot. He's a racist.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
here's the rub, the ground floor, if you will

"assimilated" would mean that they people are following American laws. They are not following our laws. Therefore, they really aren't assimilated into the American society.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Having read the article and watched what all has been going on in the country the following can be stated:

These people who are of a Hispanic heritage, whose ancestors came from Mexico and support Trump there is one thing to say: Sharper than a serpents tooth is an ungrateful child.

They may agree with the man and his immigration policy, however, that is not going to protect them. I hope that they always have their documents on them at all times, especially if Trump does become President.

They do not see the danger in the man and his words. There is another true statement, a person is smart, intelligent, even rational, but people are dumb.

They are not seeing that if Trump gets into office and starts to get his way the danger to themselves, being of a Hispanic background with a last name. People will accuse them of being illegal immigrants or the children of such and they will suffer from such. Ultimately it is going to be a hard road to walk and if they get what they wish, the only thing I can tell them, is do not come crying when it turns around and like a serpent, bites them hard, and it hurts.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

They may agree with the man and his immigration policy, however, that is not going to protect them. I hope that they always have their documents on them at all times, especially if Trump does become President.

If they came here legally or were born citizens what papers would they need to carry around? They would have IDs & Driver's Licenses like the rest of us. Why would the ones who are in favor of Trump's policies have to worry about themselves if Trump gets elected?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Time to end the easy route to come here illegally and start helping the ones here already become citizens

Well not easy but you know what I mean

edit on 2-6-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My wife and her family all support the notion of a wall or heavily secured borders. Most latin folks that I know, from El Paso to San Antonio to Dallas, would rather see better border security and less rhetoric. You don't have to build a wall. Just employ some Americans to be the same friendly Border Patrol agents that we are already familiar with. Quit politicizing it, and actually do something.

And putting some more Americans to work seems to be a reasonable "something".

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And there are some African Americans that have started their own KKK chapter:

Chicago – A group of black men from the southside of Chicago have started a local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan, saying that local blacks have devastated the area.

Link

There will always be exceptions to everything.

Pointing out how SOME Hispanics support Trump doesn't prove anything.

Leave it to SJWs to conflate race/nationality and boarder control with the KKK. Typical.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Glad you asked that. Right now the big up at arms is about Transgendered people in the bathrooms. As people, namely the religious right, are not finding any in said restrooms, people are targeting women who appear to be too masculine or failing to look to femine enough. A woman with short hair, wearing jeans, ballcap and a sweat shirt becomes suspect. A teenager, with a flat chest and dressing in male clothing also suspect, and people are going after them with all of the fear that is behind such.

Now lets go to a bigger scale and look at something like say immigration, and people who are hispanic or who have hispanic sounding names. The chaos will be massive, as now people will look for them, and claim them to be illegal immigrants if they are speaking spanish or if they hold a grudge, or if the police or other authorities are directed to detain and deport. So people who fall into that category, may find that they are caught up in that mess.

And if you think it will stop there, no, look out for raids in cities that are sanctuary and then the violation of say church's, and other Religious organization all in the name of trying to deport people who may or may not be here in the country illegally.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I think you're blowing things out of proportion maybe just a little bit.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And there are some African Americans that have started their own KKK chapter:

Chicago – A group of black men from the southside of Chicago have started a local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan, saying that local blacks have devastated the area.

Link

There will always be exceptions to everything.

Pointing out how SOME Hispanics support Trump doesn't prove anything.

Leave it to SJWs to conflate race/nationality and boarder control with the KKK. Typical.

Are you calling me a SJW?

I fail to see your argument.

The argument in the opening post was that some Mexican-Americans support Trump, despite his negative comments against Mexicans.

I showed that there are racial exceptions.

Your flippant disregard for my example only proves that it was to visceral and real to truly confront. Instead, you choose to blow it off and deflect by accusing me of being something that I'm not and dismissing my comment off-handily.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I still think that a black KKK chapter isn't a fair comparison to a Mexican American that supports Trump. It's an interesting piece of trivia but an exaggerated comparison.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
example: The 3 million refugees in turkey are kept in turkey by europe paying turkey and maybe allowing turkey in euro. Turkey is openly saying these refugees will be used as bioweapons to destroy europe if they are not allowed into the Euro. High level greek politicians have said similar things using the refugees as blackmail for debt bailouts. Why do some of leaders understand the dangers of these refugees and regard them as weapons but the media cannot?

Links? I never heard of this from Turkey. I need it for my personal files.

link   
Oh holy crap.. this is some kind of record. I've never made this many double posts.

Sorry.
edit on 3-6-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: Chrome........

link   
Oh holy crap.. this is some kind of record. I've never made this many double posts.

Sorry.

link   

Sorry.

link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
example: The 3 million refugees in turkey are kept in turkey by europe paying turkey and maybe allowing turkey in euro. Turkey is openly saying these refugees will be used as bioweapons to destroy europe if they are not allowed into the Euro. High level greek politicians have said similar things using the refugees as blackmail for debt bailouts. Why do some of leaders understand the dangers of these refugees and regard them as weapons but the media cannot?

Links? I never heard of this from Turkey. I need it for my personal files.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The example goes as follows:

"Mexicans-Americans shouldn't like Trump because he's said racist/mean things and hates Mexicans!"

vs.

"African-American people shouldn't like the KKK because they've done/said/are racist and hate black people!"

And yet here we have some Mexican-Americans supporting Trump.

And we also have some black people forming their own KKK group.

Seems like a pretty good comparison to me, especially when I added "There will always be exceptions to everything".

Someone found an exception -- so I found another.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

But it isn't actually racist to want to enforce immigration laws. They're taking advantage of the system, and a populace that blindly believes everyone is racist if they're against illegal immigration. And in doing so they are doing legal immigrants a disservice.

Too many people are afraid of the r word.. Disagreeing carries with it a degree of social ostracisation. You want to know why people are embracing Trump? It's because of his 'I don't give a f" attitude to immigration. People are tired of being mindlessly and irrationally attacked for supporting the law, a law which isn't even racist. They're tired of it and at this point they're willing to turn to Trump. This refusal to debate rationally and this venomous intolerance is actually making things worse. It's polarizing in the extreme and will drive people that doesn't agree further into extremism, or at the very least make them hate liberals.

Why is it racist? I'm starting to think that this is just a meme that has snowballed and now everyone just automatically agrees with this fallacious sentiment.

Why is it racist? There are other countries that do enforce their immigration laws, are they being inherently racist by doing so? It's a liberal fantasy.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Correct. But, the KKK has a proven track record of being violent. Trump does not.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join