It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Justice for Harambe' petition says more about misanthropy than animal rights.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
As the aunt of a child that fell into a lion or tigers exhibit... The stupidity of the sensationalism in this article is mind boggling.

My nephew is fine, hasn't lived it down and no he wasn't a toddler when it happened. He was simply trying to get a better view.

I also believe that there needs to be more education in the animal kingdom if articles are going to be written. The problem with this particular animal is how unpredictable the behavior is. This animal could have been protecting the child but due to documented cases of this breed killing reletives children the people in charge made the best choice they could with the available information.
edit on 1-6-2016 by Iamthatbish because: Predict a text killing me

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

It may have looked like that but no way......unless that kid was fearless.

I'm thinking he must have been in shock. That had to have felt violent......

Maybe its just my perspective, il watch another video and see if it'll change my mind.
edit on 1-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: Restricted

Do people really believe the kid should have died instead?

Natural. Selection.

That's pretty harsh.....though I disagree I respect your opinion...

The kid was stupid. Darwin should have been invoked.

Removal from the gene pool is the logical course of action.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

I hear you.
Stuff happens.
How can a kid get in the enclosure in the first place surely the zoo has to look at it's pens being secure.

These people are so quick to condemn the parents and are up in arms using social justice warrior talking points.

But where are they on real topics such as drones mass murdering innocents in hospitals in Afghanistan or wiping out whole families at weddings by their own criminal Government's daily activities in the war OF terror?
Where is the outcry?

link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Fair enough, well ladies and gents, and uhh other, off to go be a productive person, laters ATS. Ohh and @Restricted really??? The kid was like 3, never met a 3 year old with "common sense" most of them paint in poop and eat dirt.

link   
This whole thing makes me want to slap people... yes actually slap people. Why can't anyone accept the fact that sometimes the perfect storm of normal can turn into disaster?

- Not the parents fault. Literally a few seconds is all it takes to go from normal to tragic, unless you want your kid to still be clinging to you in fear at 40 you have to let them go little by little as they come out of infancy.

- Not the zoos fault. How many little kids have stood in that general area and not ended up being tossed around by a Silverback gorilla? There's no tranquilizer that works instantly.

It is incredibly sad that the gorilla was killed, it would have been a hell of a lot more sad for the child to be killed... the zoo would have been closed down and every animal in it in danger of being euthanized if a new home wasn't found. I hate zoos... rather I hate that zoos need to exist to house animals that should free in the wild.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

another one of these. can we get some petitions for people dying? there are a lot of preventable deaths around the world. Suddenly a lion is shot at a game reserve or a gorilla at a zoo and all heck break loose.
priorities people.

some people have such an outgroup preference that they will choose another species over humans.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: GoShredAK

Alas, only humans are brutal enough to kill an animal because of their (humans') own stupidity.

It's not a fact he would have died had the gorilla not been killed.

It was, unfortunately, the easiest thing to be done. What they *should* have done is now irrelevant, but one would think they would have options available and an enclosure that a toddler couldn't get in.

The gorilla wasn't protected from unauthorized people entering its enclosure, and a mother who couldn't watch her child well enough.

The gorilla didn't do anything wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

. . . some people have such an outgroup preference that they will choose another species over humans.

Every. Time.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

The toddler was stupid? For accidentally falling into an enclosure? Yeah ok.....😐

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I don't think the gorilla did anything wrong either. Chances are it would have never harmed the child. It's tragic for sure. A child was in imminent danger.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

I agree with you. The petition is vindictive and over the top.

What do they want to do now is ruin the woman’s life which will solve nothing and further damage the kid.

Its called fanaticism

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Not the parents fault. Literally a few seconds is all it takes to go from normal to tragic, unless you want your kid to still be clinging to you in fear at 40 you have to let them go little by little as they come out of infancy.

The parents had GOOD reason to foresee this kid would try to get in the gorilla enclosure. Once the kid told them he wanted to, the parents should have not only told him "no," but also assessed the scene for any ways the child could enter...if they counted on their "no" sticking and actually preventing the foreseeable, and then took their eyes off him.

The parents had an obligation to not only worry about their child "at 40," but also the consequences for the animals in the enclosure if they took their eyes off their kid and he managed to get in.

The parents' negligence led to a gorilla being killed. That's not a fair trade-off for any damage the kid would have suffered from *too* close parental supervision.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Its called fanaticism

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

No, it's a reflection of personal values. Some of us do not view animals as disposable.

My view of human life is different based on my experiences.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Natural. Selection.

That's pretty harsh.....though I disagree I respect your opinion...

The kid was stupid. Darwin should have been invoked.

Removal from the gene pool is the logical course of action.

H'what?

Anyone in the care of toddlers knows they are constantly looking for ways to hurt themselves.

Being a parent requires a constant awareness of what the little rugrat is up to.

Inattentive parents are just not the greatest parents.

This has nothing to do with Darwin or natural selection or gene pools haha. Aren't you laying on the instigator role a bit hard?

edit on 1-6-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
For the record I think zoos are BS. Just a prison for awesome animals so stupid humans can stare at them safely....its stupid....

It's just ill see any animal die over and innocent child 100% of the time....

An adult human, not so much.....

The people saying the kid should have died, I'd take Harambe over you...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

. . . I'd take Harambe over you.

The feeling is mutual.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Don't animals protect their own? We're animals.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimjolnir

Don't animals protect their own? We're animals.

I've met maybe five humans worth saving. Generally I'd grab the cat first.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have not seen much/any discussion about the added danger the child was in from the shooting itself.

Who did the zoo have take the shot? An firearms expert? A trained experienced sniper or just some schmuck who knew how to pull a trigger?

How much more danger was the child put in by firing a rifle at a target only a foot or two away?
Anybody with firearms safety knowledge would have at least had a second thought about if this was the best action. What if the shooter missed and hit the child?

Why do I not see anybody discussing this facet of the story?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join