It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trauma of Slavery encoded in genes of black Americans?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
According to the Atlanta Black Star, scientist have found genetic mutations in African Americans that attributes to mental illnesses like depression and PTSD. It stats that slavery and white supremacy effect blacks today at the genetic level and its just another example of "white supremacy" effecting black Americans. The brief video below goes into detail about the subject and ask the question "how can we defeat white supremacy"?

My concern with this video is the effect it might have on today's young generation of black people? I can't help but feel that this is saying that they are genetically inferior and as a result can't compete in society and attributing it to "white supremacy" that will further divide this nation. Ideas and scientific studies addressing intelligence, muscular development, aggression and many others were considered "racist" by social scientist. Yet, the liberal left and the black community are now promoting this and equating it to "white supremacy".

I'm curious how these scientist were able to trace this to American slavery as if the slavery that existed for 1000's of generations prior to American slavery had no effect. I'm curious if these genetic defect effects other races and do Africans have this genetic defect from their stressful life of war, slavery, rape and mutilation. If this study is true then that means it was passed down at least four generations and if that is the case how long does it last until the gene no longer effects the next generation? What about other races including whites that suffered slavery did this effect their genes and did they pass it along to their children, childrens, children?

From my understanding of History the white race was the first and only race on Earth and to actually abolish slavery in all its realms of dominance such as North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Russia. Yet in Africa, Middle East and Asia slavery is alive and well. Why is it only White Non-Hispanic Americans get to carry the weight of slavery and must constantly be villafied and told things like "white privilege". Most white Americans younger then 45 don't hold the same beliefs as pre civil right whites and yet still we are told that we somehow oppress blacks today. It ask the question "how can we defeat white supremacy?" What more can be done? Should white people kill themselves? Should the US government write a huge check to anyone who claims African decent? What law that doesn't already exist that could be past that prohibits descrimination based on race? What more social programs can be implemented that will allow African Americans to rise to the challenge? Over a billion dollars goes unused every year in black scholarship money. Affirmative action gives preferential treatment in jobs and college admissions, it lowers minimal standards in the areas military, police, fire fighters and college admissions. African Americans have the highest standard of living then any other black community/region/country on Earth. Less then 2% of whites at the height of slavery owned slaves, over 200k white american men died ending slavery in the US. Yet, slavery still exist today in Africa, Middle East and Asia.

To me when I view this video is sickening and further creates division among race in this country. I think it also has a defeatist effect on young African Americans who will see this and give up living up to their true potential because now they believe they can't compete due to genetic inferior disposition. After reading many of the comments from the video on Youtube and Facebook there are so many young people claiming how this validates white supremacy in America and just another example of discrimination but on a genetic level. What do you think of this information and what do you think of the question "how can we defeat white supremacy?" What more can be done that hasn't already been tried? And if nothing, then what exactly do African Americans want from the average white person?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Its remarkable this is the point you tried to convey from a video like this.

But no, i don't think youtube vids or a single non reviwed piece of work can make an entire race feel marginalized.
But you do, it sounds like, youre already convinced. So much so you express disdain over blame on slavery.

Unreal.

edit on 29-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 29-5-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: Just not gonna do it

link   
You know, I have heard some Class "A" horse***t in my time, but this takes the cake.

I lose respect for these people on a daily basis. They are not helping themselves AT ALL.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, my ancestors didn't have slaves. I do not feel guilty. They never benefited from slaves that they knew of. They worked on farms, fought in wars, worked in mines, and worked a lot of jobs where they never got rich. They were pawns of the ones in power, paying a percentage of what they made to the ones who controlled the countries. Slaves of the businessmen that owned the factories and mines.

I must have some genes created by oppression in me too. The only ones that wouldn't have those genes are the relatives of the top ten percent of generations gone by.

Blacks were not alone in servitude, many people were crapped on in the past and sent out to die fighting wars that the elite created.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As has been said already....

This video...the "study"...and it's "findings"....are for one and only one desired outcome.

Hold on a second!!!

My ancestors were wealthy! I *MUST* suffer genetically from not being rich!

And yes, I thoroughly concur. This *is* complete and utter crap.

But, you know....we're all supposed to go right along with everything we read and hear.

Hell, I'm saving up for my "fair" share of reparations as it is....

Here's my .01% of a cent.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
More "pity me" garbage put out by people who want to feed their own inferiority and victim complexes.

The brief video below goes into detail about the subject and ask the question "how can we defeat white supremacy"?

I feel that if people think "white supremacy" is such a daunting, soul crushing issue in America, they should consider moving back to Africa if they think they have it sooooo hard in America. Theres always Haiti too people can go to, totally non-white.

Or everyone who feels this way could just get the # over themselves. There was white slavery too, a lot of Irish were slaves.

edit on 5/29/2016 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Its remarkable this is the point you tried to convey from a video like this.

But no, i don't think youtube vids or a single non reviwed piece of work can make an entire race feel marginalized.
But you do, it sounds like, youre already convinced. So much so you express disdain over blame on slavery.

Unreal.

Well considering the fact that I stated "for those who see this" as in referring to the many people who commented on the video on Facebook and Youtube and how it effects their view on the subject. Now you have to understand that the limited views of the video doesn't mean it stops there, the people that watch it, share it, and pass along those beliefs will effect society as a whole to some degree even if its minimal. I'm not trying to find an excuse for anything other then to point out I think videos like that even though they come across as liberal and progressive has a racist undertone to it in the fact that its saying that blacks "as a result of slavery" are gentically predispositioned to suffer mental illiness such as depression and PTSD. I think its making a lame attempt to excuse cultural behavior that in no way helps the black community nor address the real problems the black community suffers that are not attributed to "white supremacy".

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

Nonsense,

No African-Americans alive today were ever slaves. Their shackles, if they choose to wear them, exist only in their minds.

a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Your avatar is the perfect response to this,
edit on 29-5-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
First off people would gave to accept this study as true. And it would have to be proven true again by demonstration in other genetic studies.

Never mind that though, for the sake of race baiting, we'll just accept or pretend this study as true and argue on the findings or what it presumably hypothesizes.... or it represents the views of actual people in the race group.

Jeez... i would be more surprised if this nonsense video WASN'T spinned that way.

edit on 29-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You know, I read this and it brings to mind a realization I had yesterday after watching a show about the Native American Indians and how they were treated by the invading pioneers, etc.

After watching that and a segment on CNN this morning about how Trump is all about racism and the problem, (as defined by the black commentator) is that whites in the US refuse to have a meaningful conversation about racism, I realized that the very real truth of the future of "whites" in the US is that for all practical purposes, they are utterly cursed. They have no meaningful future in the US and in a sense, the US is cursed ground for the white population because of its history and the constant drumbeat about the white racist past. CNN has a least one, if not more, segments highlighting white racism every day. I believe it was Oprah who said that racism will be a problem in the US until the last white person dies or leaves.

The sooner whites realize this, the better in my opinion.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Better have my genes checked for a victim gene just incase.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Which whites are we talking about because not all whites are equal?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

How do we defeat white supremacy? stop treating whites as supreme, treat us equally.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Their supremicy comes from their work ethic.
If the victims would emulate that, they would no longer be victims - Funny how that works but it does.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You hate admitting that it really comes down to work ethic and taking ownership for ones actions don't you?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

I agree. I was just suggesting the idea of racial supremacy is carried on by the left by suggesting racial inferiority.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

How could you draw such a conclusion, onequestion i've seen your posts do you have any evidence to back up what your saying, often i agree with you (though not always, and you seem to waver and trigger quite easily). Why are you attacking me?
edit on 29-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join