It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Valentine has passed away

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is my first post but I read the site daily..

When I turned 22 in March of 2004 I rescued Valentine from an animal shelter. She was a fantastic companion since day one. She was smart, loving, protective, and everything you would ever want in a dog. In July 2008 she started developing health problems and a few months later in 2009 she was diagnosed with a very rare immune disease. I almost lost her a few times but she always rallied back to health. A couple years ago she lost her eye sight and she stopped being able to walk up or down stairs. She was not in any pain and she enjoyed life despite her health issues. The last six months I noticed she was not doing as well, she lost a lot of weight. On Saturday May 14th 2016 (upon returning home from a friends funeral) Valentine fell very ill. I surmise she had a stroke. She couldnt get up and on her feet and she was a bit "out of it". I tried to pick her up and put her on her feet but she was too unstable. I knew her time had come and I knew I had to do the humane thing and put her to sleep. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to experience in my life. Before the vet gave her the injections I had some time to say my goodbyes. She kissed me a lot and I said my peace. I held her and kissed her and told her I loved her as the doctor gave her the injections. She let out a deep yawn and she lowered her head and she was gone. I miss her and think about her everyday..rest in peace Valentine.

I created a short video for her.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrowley88

I know that pain. It sucks and I'm sorry you have to go through it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

She is very beautiful dog. I know how hard it can be. My condolences 😔
edit on 28-5-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I would love to star and flag this . But it is just too sad . I am going to anyway because I feel your pain at the loss. I lost my yellow lab last year in about the same circumstances.
Peace to you.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrowley88 My condolences on your loss, That was a beautiful video and it is clear you gave her a very good life and gave her comfort in her life challenges.
I believe you will one day be together... May you find only comfort and peace from the memories of her in the days ahead... she will always be there in your heart.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrowley88Two yrs. ago I had to do same for my clown dog, and a year ago for my twenty year old cat. It's insane how they permanently weave their heart into yours forever.

We often talk about time slips and stuff like that around here. It's funny how, when you love an animal one is never really aware of the years passing by. I knew it was coming, but the end surprised me every time. We play that time game and push it from our minds. Sorry for your loss and the tender spot you are sure to keep for Valentine.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I feel you buddy, it's painful, but life gets better.

All the very best.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Much appreciated.a reply to: Kali74

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks I appreciate the support, tough times. a reply to: Bigburgh

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your yellow lab. Hardest part of having a dog is losing them.a reply to: Gothmog

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thank you for the nice comment..I appreciate your words..she visited me twice in dreams since she passed away. I do hope I get to see her again.a reply to: peppycat

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your clown dog and your cat. I grieved over her a few times since she got sick and thought I would be well prepared for the day she would pass. But the truth is it hit me a lot harder than I imagined. I guess I was kidding myself thinking that way. And you are right about how time passes..thanks for your comment.a reply to: shockedonlooker

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I appreciate the support..I also appreciate everyone who watched the video, it means a lot to me. Thanks.a reply to: Cobaltic1978

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

They love us so much...I am so sorry for your loss, but I truly believe all of our precious pets will be with us again some day.

What a good man you are.

Blessings.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ah, you gave her such a nice life. Her balls, the snow, and the new pup! Great memories of a true sweetheart. The only bad thing about them is losing them.

I'm so sorry MrCrowley. My best.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrowley88
Thank you for the nice comment..I appreciate your words..she visited me twice in dreams since she passed away. I do hope I get to see her again.a reply to: peppycat

Mine visited me in dreams too! Such good happy dreams, as if to show me they were happy! Same thing with my parrot. She kept swooping down around my face in the dream, as if to say, "look at me! I'm having a blast"!

And I saw my weimaraner running though a field like the one in my avatar. Again, zooming past me, all playful and healthy, showing off.

I loved it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss

That was a beautiful tribute you made for her- I really enjoyed seeing her and her best friend, so sweet. It's heart breaking. Thank you for sharing a little part of her with us!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It is so very sad. I'm feeling for you. It's such a good thing that you took her in and had time with her. Try to hang in there.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

my heart goes out to you, 2 years ago I drove my son to the vet as it was time to put our 9 year old Staffie cross to sleep. He was in the back with him..saying goodbye while I drove. Our dog just kept sighing, looking into my sons eyes; It effen knew his fate.

We bought him back and buried him in our back yard and put a little shrine near his plot; so we wouldn't disturb it in future years. After a sufficient mourning period my son took a long time and research to get another pup. We drove 150 kms and after the owner vetted us we were allowed to buy her. We still send swap photos with the owner showing her growth. She automatically bonded with my son. 2 years later she is the most adorable protective family dog we could have hoped for.
Grieving takes time, be strong. Be well.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What a gorgeous girl. I would have loved on that dog like crazy if I met her at the park. I'm really sorry you're going through this. Thanks for sharing her with us, made me smile and and had to swallow hard a few times. Take care.

<<   2  3 >>

join