It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven things I’m learning about transgender persons: from the mouth of a Baptist pastor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS SUBJECT INCESSANTLY AND CARRY ON WITH MORE PERTINENT TOPICS!!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Facts too much for you?

Source

Your snarky little suggestion was completely unprovoked BTW.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Facts too much for you?

Source

Don't you get it..
It's the era of "REVERSE Reparative Therapy".. The 99+ % of the population are being forced to swallow the issue in a brute force effort of conditioning.

Sensitivity towards the issue is alright in terms of social education, but papers from the white house?

over-friggin-blown

b

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
As far as the "bathroom debate" I don't think people are worried about the .00001% transgender person entering the bathroom and abusing their child.

It's the pedophile that will abuse the rules and be freely allowed access. Currently we are free to hoot and holler if a dude is in the ladies room. Soon (or now) if you do so you'll be labeled a bigot, lose your business (if you have one), get fired from your job, and be ostricized from society if you complain.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A thoughtful OP. GLBTQ is now outdated. More groups have been added to the acronym.

GLBTQAI

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered, Questioning/Queer, Allied/Asexual, and Intersexed

Anyone else want to jump on board?

I dislike labels.

edit on 18-5-2016 by Morrad because: spelling

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Facts too much for you?

Source

And there are other sources about differences.

I suppose we could play "who do you choose to believe".

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy

Facts too much for you?

Source

Sensitivity towards the issue is alright in terms of social education, but papers from the white house?

over-friggin-blown

Tell me which Civil Rights of a minority group has not had to be forced by the Federal government.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There aren't nearly enough transgenders to create a situation demanding everyone else do something that feels unnatural. i.e.. allowing a man dressed as a woman into the bathroom with an 11 year old daughter.

This is NOTHING like civil rights for race..

It's NOTHING like the gay marriage issue.

There are males and females. They have two bathrooms out of natural respect here in America.
It sucks that someone feels like a woman trapped in a mans body but all I can do is respect their situation.
I don't respect demands to share a bathroom with my daughter because it makes them feel comfortable while making my daughter fear for her safety.

b

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

This is NOTHING like civil rights for race..

It's NOTHING like the gay marriage issue.

Yes, it is exactly the same thing.

Paranoia is not a valid excuse to deny Equal Rights.

Constitution - - Bill of Rights - - 1 person has the same right to Equal Treatment as one million.

Do you go to the bathroom of the gender you identify with? YOU have that right and its everyone else's right too.

That's how it works.

edit on 18-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

paranoia is not the driving factor for my outlook.. it's reality.
You can swing the constitution to whatever side you desire given the right terminology and persuasion of recognized defintion..' Our country is screwed to hell and back because of the perversion of the constitutional word. . Using "the constition" as an argument fails miserably just like the other myriad of subjects swallowed by the lack of constitutional adherance..

Go ahead and let your drag queen uncle into a bathroom with someone elses daughter and tell me how their face enjoys the terminology of the constitution via the daughters father. It's already happening and will continue to get worse and there isn't a compromise to the situation. Normal sexuality will reject transgenders as an aberration.. which they are...

The facts say this.. transgenders are nothing less than 1% of the population. They do not have a right to transform the rest of society.. If you think they do then you have a lifetime of undependable quests before you grasp how society works.

Racsm and gay marriage are NOTHING like transgenders trying to piss in a certain room & It's despicable you compare them.

Good luck and I agree that we sadly disagree.

b

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

paranoia is not the driving factor for my outlook.. it's reality.

Just gonna say, after reading your post.

Beg to differ.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Go ahead and let your drag queen uncle into a bathroom with someone else's daughter and tell me how their face enjoys the terminology of the constitution via the daughters father.

BTW - - I was a mom of 2 daughters, and am a grandmother of a 15 year old granddaughter.

I teach my kids/grandkids - - "people are their heart". My kids/grandkids may think someone looks strange - - but, they will look past that to see the real person.

Many drag queens are hetero. Most cross dressers are hetero.

Most transgenders you would not be able to tell by looking at them.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

How can you disagree? Unles you're just burying your head under the truth.
read the news.. reality tells the same story I do.
people are patrolling bathrooms and even making wrong decisions on who is actually a male or female.

b

edited to add that you shouldn't lecture me on the gay/transgender issue since I hang out with them all. And yes.. we have similar personal discussions..They come in all shapes and sizes.. transgender though.. AN ABERRATION
edit on 19-5-2016 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2016 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

... transgender though.. AN ABERRATION

You can thank me later.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

agreeed..
but you'rre twisting the implications of his statement.
Ask him if you don't believe me.. otherwise don't use a famous persons quote for a sad agenda

sheesh.

b

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
god dammit did i ever pick a bad time to start transitioning or what

i just felt so off before and now my life is coming together, i come back to ats after hiatus and its an issue lol love it

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

of course not.. the less than 1% is fact enough to warrant a dismissal of the issue.

b

Yea all those people in wheelchairs should just find their own way, too.

Why should government facilities and schools have to have wheelchair ramps?

There's so few of them.
edit on 19-5-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

of course not.. the less than 1% is fact enough to warrant a dismissal of the issue.

b

Yea all those people in wheelchairs should just find their own way, too.

Why should government facilities have to have wheelchair ramps?

There's so few of them.

Yeah, my mom's friend in a wheelchair before the ADA had to get people to carry him and his wheelchair up the steps of the county building just so he could vote.

But, guess that's his problem.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Being among the 0.1% of people who think that we've gone hundreds of years with trans people in washrooms without issue, but it's a "huge problem" that they can "do that now".

Their voices must be heard.

So important.

"VOTE FOR ME", I think is what they say.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join