It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Need Help With Chirping Bird In Nest Outside My House

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I really didn't know where to post this. Sorry mods. I really need help from someone who is educated about birds.

There is a family of birds that nests outside my house every season. But this time there is a baby bird in the nest who is chirping non stop 24 hours a day. Not in spurts. I'm talking peep, peep, peep, peep...at least 4 times a second, ALL.....DAY.

I don't know if it's normal. I've never heard this kind of commotion before from their nests. And I'm worried something is wrong. The little bird sounds like it would be exhausted from chirping, yet he can't stop.

I don't want to check the nest and disrupt the flow and make his Mom possibly reject him. But it's getting sad.

Why is he doing this? Does it mean anything bad? Did his Mom abandon him??

edit on 073pm3107America/Chicago15CDT07America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
"Baby birds chirp for parental attention"

3 second google search

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain
Have you seen the parents around? What kid of birds are they?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Leave it alone and quit poking your nose into the natural order of things like an average human.

Nature isn't liking for your sympathy or help.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Have you seen the parents around? What kid of birds are they?

Not really, the nest is above my roof.

It's just your average California, Los Angels....uhhh...finch? sparrow? The brown and grey ones?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
Leave it alone and quit poking your nose into the natural order of things like an average human.

Whoa....what the?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Nothing you can do about it short of exterminating the poor creature.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Do you have a state wildlife sanctuary nearby? Would give them a call, ask for advice, they may even be able to send someone out to help in case the chick is abandoned, etc.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Do you have a state wildlife sanctuary nearby? Would give them a call, ask for advice, they may even be able to send someone out to help in case the chick is abandoned, etc.

Yeah, I found an expert to call.

I just thought ATS had some real smart people in these matters so I posted here.

I'll give him a call.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh poor birdie! I agree call a wildlife sanctuary or something. Poor thing will starve if the Mother has abandoned it. Some creatures will abandon its baby if it senses a disease or something is wrong with it. I don't know about birds though.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've got a Robin's nest about 4 inches from my door. three little babies in there and one day i noticed the momma wasn't around. birds weren't chirping but no momma. So i did some digging. When the babies get bigger the nest gets full and when the babies start to grow feathers, they no longer need mom to help keep them warm. The mom will be (hopefully) in a nearby tree looking over the nest and feeding the babies. I would just watch it from a distance and see if you can catch the momma going to and from the nest or try and find a way to see inside of it to see how many babies are in there. But don't touch anything close to the nest. Don't know about your type of birds but that's what i gathered about Robins.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I hope they do something quick!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I feel your pain. We used to have a lot of mockingbirds and whippoorwills around the farm, and every full moon they'd all get in the tree outside my bedroom and sing. All night. As loud as they could.

Sticking your head outside the window and screaming "SHUT UP SHUT UP STOP IT AAAAA" only works for a few minutes.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have a pair of Morning Doves that decided to make a nest out of the hanging Spider Plant on my front entry way, they ripped the heck out of it to make the nest. I can look at them from 8 inches away thru the glass of the front door. Can't wait to see the chicks.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Yeah, I found an expert to call.

I just thought ATS had some real smart people in these matters so I posted here.

I'll give him a call.

Some good advice though investigating a little further into what's going on in the nest, etc. Having used to volunteer with one of the sanctuaries just don't want anyone to get in trouble.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So the nest is like 30 feet up in a tree I can't reach. The parents are gone. I haven't really seen them for a couple days. And he's just wearing himself out. Told the expert about it, and he said it sounds like it's unfortunately abandoned.

So I have to hear this bird die slowly begging for help.

Man....this sucks.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I rescued a hummingbird that was stuck in my garage today. I don't know if she was grateful for my help, but at least she is alive. I guess I should have just let nature take it's course...?
edit on 13-5-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Mockingbirds, heh.. .a guy in my neighborhood lost it after a month of frenetic bird calls every night in the weeist hours and one early morning blasted the offender's tree with 8 or so blasts from a shotgun. That got the attention of authorities.

I imagine he's likely detained somewhere, still, but couldn't really blame his outburst... it was fainter near me, but I felt the pain, too.

The bird still resides in his ancient pine tree.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I rescued a hummingbird that was stuck in my garage today. I don't know if she was grateful for my help, but at least she is alive. I guess I should have just let nature take it's course...?

Maybe there is a difference in your story and th OP?

Bird in your domain? Sure, help it find an exit.

Bird in it's own domain? Maybe just let it happen.

My point was that nature isn't waiting around for humans to save it. Save that bird and you may deprive a snake of his next meal.

Where do you believe the line is between helping and interfering?

edit on 05Fri, 13 May 2016 20:15:55 -0500820165America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
So I have to hear this bird die slowly begging for help.

Man....this sucks.

A good thing - it shouldn't take but another day or so.

<<   2  3 >>

join