It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We established communication with ETs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It was a NSA (National Security Agency) project called PRESERVE DESTINY which in the 1990's established communication with Extraterrestrials for a period of time. Dan Sherman worked on this project. I keep in contact with him via email. He said it was a highly classified project. He says he was monitored at first but now if they arrest him or kill him it would only be proof of the project.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Cool, do you know anything about them, what did they say?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ask Dan Sherman yourself. Go to aboveblack.com and email him.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Mods, this seems just like spam for selling a book.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
After completing IC training, Sherman was assigned to an NSA Station on a military base. There he was tasked to commence receiving telepathic messages from extraterrestrials, and enter them into a computer terminal to transmit to NSA headquarters. During a ten-month period, he received more than 75 messages from a primary ET communicator, a male he dubbed "Bones".

Sherman learned that the extraterrestrials had been visiting various Earth cultures throughout human history, and had made contributions of learning and scientific technology to certain civilizations. He also got the impression that the ETs had genetically influenced human groups long before the modern era.

His ET communicator told him that the there are a huge number of extraterrestrial cultures throughout the universe, and that the ETS recognize the existence of souls and of "God". "Bones" also revealed that more than one country conducted a similar communication project with the extraterrestrials. He also indicated that substantial Earth changes were in the offing.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't think I would communicate a highly classified topic via e-mail. Too many holes. Sounds like BS right from the start. I remember a story from CNN about large numbers of employees getting in trouble for circulating sexual emails to fellow co-workers. It is very easy for companies to track email, what and where it is being sent.

I imagine the Gov. would heavily monitor all emails to and from Gov. personel. The message would never reach the outside!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Mr Sherman was interviewed on ats a while ago. Here's a link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Man think about it! If the NSA or government arrested him, killed him, or even took any action at all wouldn't that make his story about PRESERVE DESTINY that much more believable? I think so, that's the problem with keeping this information classified, they will never admit these things exist but at the same time they don't punish people who speak out, they just try to disprove them and make them seem crazy...

It's worked thus far.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, having read above black, I can say it is a very good book.

First impressions, Dan comes off as authentic. Time will tell I suppose.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
...and why has Mr. Sherman not been prosecuted for violating his National Security Oath?

Misinformation, perhaps?

MK

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Maybe, because, in fact, he didn't break any law.

Note how he mentioned over and over how he could not discuss any part of
his "regular job", which was 'ordinary' classified military work.

The 'grey', "above black", doesn't have official rights to even prosecute because that
would involve a bureaucracy and rules and personnel who would end up knowing about it.

Remember, there have to be paper trails.

Sherman's story is the only "ET/government coverup" one which seemed even remotely plausible to me. Why? (a) the very oddness about it combined with (b) the mundane nature of everyday *work* and bureaucracy characteristic of the military.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is very interesting, even if it might be a story/hoax.

M tell me more please.

Much appreaciated thanks!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I've read the interview, and it doesn't come off as a hoax. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Mods, this seems just like spam for selling a book.

Hmmm, I don't think so. I posted a thread on this a month or two ago. No one could disprove him. It's not spam either, go to aboveblack.com he charges like 5.95 for an e-book, hardly the way to make money I'd say.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This almost seems like a GLP type thread to me....
Maybe I've become too skeptical....

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ahem....
LAY OFF THE WHEATIES!!!!
ahem....
Seriously, if the government was after this guy, they would have gotten to him BEFORE he could have said anything.. Think about it. A good government is one that can silence an incdent, but a better government is one that stops it from ever beginning. So, NASA most likely has not had contact with aliens yet, and if they had, this guy is so far-of from what actually happened NASA doesn't actually worry about him, and lay off the wheaties.
Please, please, please lay off the wheaties.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Think about it. A good government is one that can silence an incdent, but a better government is one that stops it from ever beginning. So, NASA most likely has not had contact with aliens yet, and if they had, this guy is so far-of from what actually happened NASA doesn't actually worry about him, and lay off the wheaties.

Or the grass....... :p

Seriously though, no one is untouchable - his death wouldn't change a thing. No martyrdom here.

This rabbit hole is very deep....

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As Durden mentioned, he was here a while back for a Q&A. Dan's made much of his story free for the downloading, so he comes off as pretty sincere...

As for prosecution....doing so would then automatically validate his story, and this validation would be from the government...so the lack of prosecution isn't surprising....

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If Dan Sherman is a huckster, he isn't much of one. He isn't make any serious money.

Frankly, we cannot know if he is 100% on the level but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Why haven't they killed him?
If their policy is to kill any potential leak before it happens then they would have to kill thousands. That gets messy and is probably wasteful and unnecessary.

Killing him now would not create a huge martyr but it would be noticed. His story would get a higher profile and gain more credibility. Why bring on even that?

His story doesn't really give anything away that is tangible. There are no names or directions to specific secret installations. He tiptoes around all that quite well. So why kill him?

There is a case that "they" are always judging public reaction with certain tolerated leaks. This could be one.

Finally, despite Dan's honest manner, it might all be disinformation.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's definitely easier and more wise for the government to spread disinformation and plausible deniability rather than prosecuting or killing would be whistle blowers. Not saying i totally believe guy's like this or Bob Lazer and Dan Burisch, etc. But their wanting to go public is a smart move in my opinion as it pretty much saves their asses.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join