It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
and...
she lost her job in the end....
by the way I agree with them on principle about asking permission before taking people's photos. there are people in this country who don't really want their photos shown to the world on national tv. they are in hiding, maybe in the witness protection program, or maybe just from abusive spouses, ect.

but like I said, the teacher lost her job...
and I don't really see where the reporter was put in a threatening position in the clip..
so what should happen to the tow truck driver who did put someone into danger by his actions???

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

so, we should ban all bumper stickers????
even the little fishie ones with the "Jesus Saves" on them?
maybe we should all just sew our mouths shut, lest we offend someone!

that danged bumper sticker or sign or whatever was in no way hurting the tow truck driver! it wasn't like it was going to jump out of the car and bite him!!!
but denying her assistance, well, that was endangering her. ya she had air conditioning in the car, but did she have enough gas to run the car for hours waiting for someone else? what if she had gotten tired or waiting and decided to try to walk to the next exit, stumbled and fell, broke a few bones and laid in a ditch on the side of the road for a few days?
no, the message she was giving out was quite simple, hey, I am a bernie supporter!! big fricking deal! I am still seeing bumper stickers from several elections ago! That's is all, no more, no less.. I choose to support bernie! wow, in some countries, a person might get executed for such a bumper sticker... in the US, they might only get left at the side of the road for fate to deliver whatever it decides!

what was his message..
oh, you support a leftist agenda, so I won't serve you...TILL YOU CHANGE YOUR VIEWS AND SUPPORT MINE! now sit on the side of the road and think about the error of your ways for a few hours.

who's trying to take who's freedoms away in this???

It IS completely stupid isn't it...but this is the modern world. And yes...if it weren't for the bumper sticker this wouldn't have happened...right?

Of course you can have a bumper sticker (even with the Jesus fish) and of course you can voice your views. But the fact is that you then have to accept that some people will decided based upon those views if the like you...love you...dislike you...or hate you. And if they dislike or hate you, they may choose to blow you off.

You are looking at this single situation, choosing the side you agree with and proceeding from there. You are not considering the bigger picture. Ex. I go to a Clinton rally wearing a "Clinton is a C" t-shirt causing a disturbance among the other participants. I then fall and get a bloody nose. People start laughing at me, calling me names and no one helps stop the bleeding. That is a realistic situation. See how you choose differently of whom is wrong?

Anyway...if we are going to continue to express our views, we better have the balls to then stand up for them and realize that others won't and don't have to like them. If you don't have those balls...then keep your trap shut.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a bumper sticker doesn't have fists, it cannot punch!!
I'm a little older than you are, I remember this saying..

Stick and stones can break some bones, but words will never hurt me!"
I am sure you remember that. When fights broke out, and they often did, it wasn't who said the first mean words that was an issue, it was who shot the first punch!

refusing to serve someone in a professional manner because of a bumper sticker in the way this tow truck driver did is not only dumb, it was negligence.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Because they're driving a car, not a tow truck.

That's why.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Some so called Christians need to remember the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This guy was wrong to deny service, even if it is his right. Jesus would have helped the woman. This guy is just an ass.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

and...
she lost her job in the end....
by the way I agree with them on principle about asking permission before taking people's photos. there are people in this country who don't really want their photos shown to the world on national tv. they are in hiding, maybe in the witness protection program, or maybe just from abusive spouses, ect.

but like I said, the teacher lost her job...
and I don't really see where the reporter was put in a threatening position in the clip..
so what should happen to the tow truck driver who did put someone into danger by his actions???

Umm...the reporter was threatened when the teacher called for some "muscle" to come over there and muscle them (ie. physically drag them) off the property.

And the tow truck driver didn't PUT anyone in "danger". He simply didn't do anything to remove them from danger. While I don't share those morals...there is now requirement to help anyone. You can choose to not get involved, which is what he did.

Again...this is all stupid and I think the tow truck driver has low morals and will likely lose his business over time if this continues. And that would be justified. But it doesn't change the core. This was two people voicing opinions...one took offence to the other's opinion and decided not to help them which is within his rights.

In short...nothing to see here but stupidity.
edit on 5/5/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: WOW...typing to quick

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I am looking from the view of a disable person myself, who couldn't walk much further than the nearest corner! Who, by the way has no air conditioner in her car and usually not more than a half of tank of gas.
Lucky for me I have no bumper stickers on my car and can't really drive that far anyways so I guess I am safe from crazy tow truck drivers who decide they want to punish me for my thoughts by leaving me stranded on the side of the road!
But, I will keep this story in mind the next time I see some poor lady with the little fishie sticker on the bumper of her car and a carfull of little kids needing help...
not saying I won't stop and offer them a ride, but I will sure the heck tell this about this story and how it made me rather reluctant not to want to stop and offer them help!
it's a crazy world when the non-religious behave better than the religious!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Maybe we should all just shut up.

I respect his right to refuse business.

But I have a right to mock and ridicule him for those reasons.

His business deserves to go down the toilet, not through laws and government interference but by good old fashion bad publicity.

That way another tow truck driver who is less of a dick can get his business

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

a bumper sticker doesn't have fists, it cannot punch!!
I'm a little older than you are, I remember this saying..

Stick and stones can break some bones, but words will never hurt me!"
I am sure you remember that. When fights broke out, and they often did, it wasn't who said the first mean words that was an issue, it was who shot the first punch!

refusing to serve someone in a professional manner because of a bumper sticker in the way this tow truck driver did is not only dumb, it was negligence.

Nice to meet you...old man

That was a joke by the way. Unless you simply refuse to accept logic, you can not argue the following. Yes...this guy was an ass, stupid and has low moral values. But he was confronted with an opinion that was displayed by the driver. He didn't like the opinion and then decided that he was so offended by it that he refused to help the driver. All of these choices by both the driver and the tow truck driver are legal actions. No one broke any law.

If everyone (not just in this situation) kept their opinions as just that...their opinions instead of screaming them in the face of others...this would not have happened. That is a fact.

You don't have to like that I'm right...but you know all of that is factual.
edit on 5/5/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Agreed!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I am looking from the view of a disable person myself, who couldn't walk much further than the nearest corner! Who, by the way has no air conditioner in her car and usually not more than a half of tank of gas.
Lucky for me I have no bumper stickers on my car and can't really drive that far anyways so I guess I am safe from crazy tow truck drivers who decide they want to punish me for my thoughts by leaving me stranded on the side of the road!
But, I will keep this story in mind the next time I see some poor lady with the little fishie sticker on the bumper of her car and a carfull of little kids needing help...
not saying I won't stop and offer them a ride, but I will sure the heck tell this about this story and how it made me rather reluctant not to want to stop and offer them help!
it's a crazy world when the non-religious behave better than the religious!

Crazy world for sure. And in this case, I share your opinion. But have you seen the blood in the eyes of the "non-religious"...especially here on ATS? If not I suggest you look through some religion based posts. Then come back and tell me which side is "better". I think you will discover the opposite of your current thought. While you can often call the religious intolerant...you can all many anti-religious people here on ATS...vile.

PS: I'm not religious nor do I believe in God.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I completely agree with your post...every word.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Perhaps the tow truck driver needs a little lesson from the Bible on his arrogant ass....

Romans 13:4 For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Here's another....

'You reap what you sow"

Perhaps a good ass kickin would show him the error of his ways eh?

edit on 5-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

what happened to the ghangis khan quote, I happened to like it. since well, it is kind of ironic that the catholic church was trying to cut trade off to entire villages and countries because of their "sinful ways) (read petty differences between the rulers of each)... while financially supporting the establishments of trade routes into china, dealing with "God's punisher.."

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I thought this one a bit more appropriate.....

2 Samuel 7:14 "I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him with the rod of men and the strokes of the sons of men,

Religious arrogance has it's consequences....

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Awful. Just another example of how rabid the Right Wing is. Every. Day. All. The. Time.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If it's his truck and his business, oh well. His loss.

Yep! And he reflects people just like you. Oh well. Your loss.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I hate Fundies.

I really do.

Me, too.
I really do. To the point that it really bugs me - it's really uncomfortable to "hate" anyone. I hate that I even let them cross my mind, but in order to do my "SJW" thing, I have to listen to them and respond to them. I hate them. Despicable lot.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Annee

I hate Fundies.

I really do.

Me, too.
I really do. To the point that it really bugs me - it's really uncomfortable to "hate" anyone. I hate that I even let them cross my mind, but in order to do my "SJW" thing, I have to listen to them and respond to them. I hate them. Despicable lot.

YES! It made me feel horrible when I posted that.

But, it changes nothing. They are Despicable.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What makes me laugh is the fact Americans think Jesus would have been a Republican voting, gun totting , war loving, poor heating , judgemental hate monger when in fact every written about him says the opposite.

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up a minute there - only SOME Americans think that. It's the Fundies - the Evangelical types - the cognitive dissonance crowd. It's not ALL Americans - obviously - as there are few (but very loud) Fundies - and Bernie is drawing the real Americans out. Cruz is a douche. He would probably drop to a knee and thank "Jesus" for this driver's stupidity.

I wonder what Annee's watching on Netflix??
I might have to go there, too - I've been watching House of Cards. Hadn't seen it before.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join