It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Things That Emotionally Strong People Don't Do.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
imgfave

Posted by Starlight's Husband about 2 years ago
imgfave.com...

1. They don't beg for attention
2. They don't allow others to bring them down
3. They don't hold grudges.
. . .
6. They don't act like b*tches or assh*les
. . .

I think the list is fairly accurate.

I might make a somewhat different list but this one is decent enough.

I wonder what ATSer's would include in such a list.

Perhaps if you have trouble doing one of the items, you might consider whether you think that's because of a lack, gritch, or glitch in your life or merely an idiosyncratic thing that has no big import about it one way or the other.

I know 30+ years ago, I might have seen the list differently. Thankfully, at this late time in my life--I think I score quite will on the list.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Bo xian, what's wrong with you? You used to be so serious, even combative. But lately you've been posting all this light weight stuff. Did you lose your job or something? I can tell it's you before I open the thread. What has changed in your life? I hope you haven't lost your mojo. I kind of preferred the OLD Bo xian, the one that used to piss me off all the time. But now you're just this gee whiz pussycat posting pop psychology bs. C'mon! Put 'em up! Let's fight! I'm bored.
edit on 4/30/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Bo xian, what's wrong with you? You used to be so serious, even combative. But lately you've been posting all this light weight stuff. Did you lose your job or something? I can tell it's you before I open the thread. What has changed in your life? I hope you haven't lost your mojo. I kind of preferred the OLD Bo xian, the one that used to piss me off all the time. But now you're just this gee whiz pussycat posting pop psychology bs. C'mon! Put 'em up! Let's fight! I'm bored.

Don't you dare change him back!

The new Bo Xian is just fine.

Besides, these types of threads are great to augment/counter the usual doom, gloom, and hate we find on ATS these days.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

LOLOLOLOL

I've gotten older.

And maybe more battle scared.

And more muffled.

I don't think the stuff is BS. It needs to be taken thoughtfully and not per se as absolutely comprehensive Gospel Truth--but it's valid stuff as far as it goes.

I had an impression from my lazy memory that we used to go around and around. LOL.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Besides, these types of threads are great to augment/counter the usual doom, gloom, and hate we find on ATS these days.

But you can get this stuff as clickbait on Fox news and MSNBC. This is not "Above Top Secret" stuff. It's turned ATS into just another news aggregator site. You may as well go to Drudge. When ATS looks like every other news site, there's very little incentive to stay because there's no apparent difference. "Five sneaky causes of bloat and how to avoid them." "Ten unique kitchen storage solutions." "Celebrity weight loss winners.'" "Exploding pizza bombs are taking over the world." "ten signs your lover is cheating on you."

Is THAT what you want from ATS? What happened to UFOs, Illuminati conspiracies, Steven Greer exposes, and "Jesus has been here five times already" threads? I mean, the Seattle Times can be more exciting than this.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

First, top of the list I would say, is that emotionally strong people do not tend to use the information superhighway as a self help book.

You can find an awful lot of good souls, people who make the clockwork of the universe all that more magical to be a part of, and they may offer sage advice from time to time, that's fair enough. But relying on top tens of this, and twenty of that, and fifteen of the other trite, one size fits all, cookie cutter psychology clickbaits, in order to flesh out ones understanding of the heart? That's not something an emotionally strong person does, or even entertains!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBritBut relying on top tens of this, and twenty of that, and fifteen of the other trite, one size fits all, cookie cutter psychology clickbaits, in order to flesh out ones understanding of the heart? That's not something an emotionally strong person does, or even entertains!

Uhhhhhhhhh . . .

says you . . . in a

one size fits all, cookie cutter psychology

structured and worded post every bit as cookie-cutterish and generically all-inclusive toned as any of these threads!!!

LOLOLOL.

Cute.

In my experience . . .

EMOTIONALLY STRONG PEOPLE feel free to do all kinds of things. And, they are curious about a wide variety of things--as often, as not.

They might be about as attracted to such topics 'to see how the other half lives,' if nothing else--as a variety of other people might be attracted to such topics.

But DOODNESS . . . if it's such a blah, or even intellectually offensive topic, PLEASE feel free to scroll on by!

I have the delusion that SOME folks might have their lives and relationships made just a bit better by pondering such info.

I don't see any reason to avoid sharing such.

It's not as though I'm infecting the intellectual body politic with Hillery spew or some other hideous values or ideas!

LOLOL.

edit on 30/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: tag

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Is THAT what you want from ATS?

Honestly, I don't know what I want from ATS anymore. It has become quite the home for short-sighted ignorance and mean-spirited slurs.

So any change from that direction is positive one in my book.

Besides, this is placed in the "relationships" forum so it's not like it is blocking the view of UFOs or bathroom bill threads. Unless there's an important thread about a transgender alien trying to pee somewhere while on a date...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
These threads are of the Cosmopolitan. Never knew ATS is a woman's site.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Is THAT what you want from ATS? What happened to UFOs, Illuminati conspiracies, Steven Greer exposes, and "Jesus has been here five times already" threads? I mean, the Seattle Times can be more exciting than this.

LOLOLOLOL.

That's pretty bad . . . the Seattle Times slam. LOL.

Uhhhhh . . . ever hear about uhhhh . . . empty space in art?

You could consider, if you desperately needed to--which it sort of sounds like you do--you could consider this white space as in art.

Constant screaming shrill holding forth totally and only on conspiracy stuff 24/7/365 . . . can get terminally wearying . . . particularly around the same mulberry bush for the 100,999th time.

If I come across such a topic that I feel worth posting about, I will. But I'm skeptical much that novel will happen along very frequently. I could go to Tom Horn and Cris Putnam's site and probably find something. Maybe Chuck Missler's or L.A. Marzulli's. I've met the latter face to face and he's the real deal. I've talked with Guy Malone extensively face to face and he's the real deal. I just haven't seen that much all that startlingly new on such topics. And I get tired of the same ole same ole in that field.

As it is--this is a field I have a lot of heart, training and experience in. And goodness knows, the schools are a dreary mess on such scores. So why not offer something of some generic potential help to many who would not likely come across such stuff otherwise. They just wouldn't. It's not that it's unavailable elsewhere--it's just not in the path of such people as tend to frequent conspiracy sites--in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Besides, this is placed in the "relationships" forum so it's not like it is blocking the view of UFOs or bathroom bill threads. Unless there's an important thread about a transgender alien trying to pee somewhere while on a date...

PREACH IT SISTER, PREACH IT! LOLOLOL.

I guess it would not be ATS if some folks didn't have their knickers in a twist about something on a thread.

Perhaps that's a "service" we should remember we are providing whenever we post a thread--something for the contrarians to fight with and thereby prove their existence is meaningful by however many threads/posts they got to notch their gritchy belts about.

I just never imagined that on a relationship forum . . . folks would throw any kind of fit about such mild fodder. Sigh.

Personally, I say . . . grab a cup of tea or coffee and pass the pop psychology.

It's a lot better than the death meme/horror psychology/political conspiracies. Sigh.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
edit on 30-4-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
These threads are of the Cosmopolitan. Never knew ATS is a woman's site.

Umm... I never knew it wasn't?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Now you know..it is a conspiracy site..

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Sooooooooooooooo . . . are you advocating trashing, flushing the RELATIONSHIP forum?

Or do you prefer to keep it for recreationally stopping by on relationship threads to . . .

what . . . complain that the threads are . . . uhhhhhh . . . relational?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This:

They dont' forget that happiness is a decision

Profoundly true, imo. I live a simple life. I get up and praise the fact that I am not being shot at (any longer) and that I can see the sea. I get up every morning and choose to be happy. To do otherwise, would be to choose to be sad, or unfulfilled, or unhappy. There are things that happen to us that are beyond our control that affect our beliefs and moods. To loose a parent or loved one or a pet makes us sad. Apart from that, I believe that happiness is a choice. I choose it.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

Now you know..it is a conspiracy site..

Oh... I thought you meant as opposed to "a man's site". I get ya now.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Masterfully put. THANKS.

A question, however . . .

How have you taught that to your children, if you have such?

How do you teach it to younger friends?

--that happiness is a choice.

I remember the first 20-25 or so years of my life when my mood was the pits more often than not. And I'd ponder that assertion and just be mystified about it. Somehow, I had it in my head, then, that IF I miraculously chose happiness one minute, I'd be gleefully doing Snoopy dances the next. It never worked out that way. LOL.

I think folks have to be taught a kind of cognitive behavior mod approach to REWIRING--rather literally--their stinkin' thinkin. And it's not overnight by any means.

Few seem willing to do the work.

However a doggedly positive focus and verbalized 'confession' does produce more immediate results when one is tenaciously stuck to it.

And, there's more than plenty grief and horrid stuff in our era . . . cultivating positive landscapes mentally is a sanity protecting habit to form.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Oh no not at all. Women should be here, I meant the topic of relationships which is most often found in women's magazines.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I support hte relationships forums for people seeking help, not these weird threads from women's magazines...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join