It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Hate Crime/Race Hoax - This time out of Salisbury University

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Will try to keep it short: (Link is at the bottom if you cannot be asked to read my post)

On April 10th, at Salisbury University's Library, a student discovered and tweeted an image that had been drawn on the white board. The image? A crying stick figure with a noose around it's neck, an arrow pointing to it with the word "ni**er" and a "#whitepower" on the bottom.

Immediately afterwards, the University President, Janet Eschbach released a statement that read,

“Diversity is a core value of SU, and reports of such acts are taken seriously. The university will not tolerate this kind of language or behavior,” Eshbach wrote.

- note the severity of her words. The University will not tolerate this kind of language or behaviorwill not tolerate this kind of language or behavior

Well, the investigation has been concluded. Turns out, the students responsible for this drawing, with a racial slur and depiction of a horrible lynching?

They're Black.

No pictures or names have been publicly released citing a federal privacy law, hopefully though we can get some pictures and names through some good investigative journalism.

The kicker? No police charges have been filed, and the School released another statement after the revelation:

“Regardless of who created the drawing, we find such actions demeaning to all members of the campus community and against our core values,” Dane Foust, vice president of Student Affairs, said in a statement provided by Culver.

It was further revelead that:

The investigation is being turned over to the university and will be reviewed for any possible university policy violations, Culver said. If charged, those students who were involved could face disciplinary action.

Yep, that's right. Now that the true suspects have been revealed, the students may not even be disciplined. Quite a bit of backpedaling and turnaround after the President's initial condemnation huh? First it was "this will not be tolerated" now that it has been discovered the students are Black it's "will be reviewed for any possible university policy violations" - Interesting, the President sounded so sure at first . . . . .

So, once again ATS, I ask the age old question: What are your theories on how this scenario would have been played out if the races were reversed? You will read in the article that this action is being dismissed (ironically by the University's Colored Student representatives) as "an act of immaturity"

I take us to the definition of Equality - the same Equality that SJW's are always claiming they are for:

e·qual·i·ty
əˈkwälədē/
noun
noun: equality

the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.

Now, for the Progressive lot here on ATS, do you think, now that you have the definition of Equality, that if a White student had done this, it would simply be chalked up as "immaturity" by a "Student Minority Leader" - or would he be calling for heads to roll (primarily the student and probably also the President of the University), re-education, have a list of demands, the works? It's ok if you don't want to answer that, I know the truth is sometimes hard to swallow.

I will end the thread with this quote by Booker T. Washington that I think has become increasingly relevant over the last few years (with several cases of False Racism being brought to the forefront, 4 of which I have made topics on myself on this very forum). Run to your safe space now if you can't handle certain words (the N-Word) in a direct quote of a historical figure in a historical context:

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs – partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”

The reason I bring this quote is is one I have brought up in one of my other false racism threads (and, just so you know and if you are unfamiliar, the preveious threads I created about false racism are all recent cases, as in, less than 6 months old) - like it or not, racism is on the decline. I will never, nor have I ever denied it exists, but it is on the decline. I make these threads to bring forward several fundamental issues with the modern Social Justice Movement: Intentionally or not, it truly seems to me that these cases are happening to keep their momentum up, because what they are fighting for is running out of fuel. They try to subsist on much of the bull# you hear (such as the concept of "White" Privilege, claiming that a room full of White People is "micro aggression" and that White people are just inherently racist) - but these run out of steam quickly because they lack logic, reason and a presence in true reality - so they create hoaxes that they then attempt to latch onto as "proof". Proving it helps, but is not always effective. Proving hoaxes takes a bit of time, but SJW's are so quick to latch onto little inklings that they flood social media with, and the outrage is created. But when it is disproven, it is swept under the rug and given no exposure - why would it? It only DE-legitamizes their purpose.

I will leave it at that. Discuss, as always, keep it civil.

LINK TO STORY
college.usatoday.com...

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

It's always the same stupidity.

12 Black kids attack elderly white people playing the knockout game, it is treated as a standard assault.

3 black kids attack 1 white kid, white kid wins, white kid charged with hate crime.

There is no sense to it at all.

Hate crimes are BS, a crime is a crime.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh no. I feel a strange presence in the force. Can it be? Yes. Here it comes.

Triggered.

/sarc

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They have so much rage inside, that they expect people to fall for it, so they can come out of their safe spaces and go on a justice spree...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They should be handled the same way any other race would in this.

What they did was hateful, and probably triggered all kinds of emotions.

Doesnt matter what skin color it is.

Just like robbing someone with your hand in your pocket and just saying its a gun. People thought it was real and acted accordingly. You would be tried as if you really did have a gun(in the US at least)

Of course it would look stupid to have black students in trouble for anti-black graffiti, thats the point.
edit on 4282016 by Butterfinger because: me

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

All crime is hate.

To perform a "Hate Crime" you would hate the victim.

All murder is Hate, right?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
whoever did this not only made themselves look bad, but also gave actual white power groups some Potent ammo.

Next time a real hate grafitti appears, they can always say "how do you know it wasnt done by blacks? we know its happened before". And you know what ? they would actually have a point.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I can't wait 'til the black racists (and hopefully SJW in general) cry wolf so much nobody believes them. I love seeing hateful people work hard to earn their downfall. I think we all do, we all have a burning desire for justice deep down inside that clouds our judgement from time to time. I know this is bad for the real cases of racism that will be filtered out because of this BS, but I'm finding it hard to care these days. Racism begets racism, and they will be affected by real racism eventually if they keep up this BS.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Sargeras

All crime is hate.

To perform a "Hate Crime" you would hate the victim.

All murder is Hate, right?

No, that is not a "hate crime" unless it was motivated by race etc...

Making it far worse than just murder, now it is a murder with " gate crime" added, meaning you get a much stiffer sentence.

As stupid as that sounds.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

#BLM is creating white racists day by day with their idiocy. The narrative they push is insulting to their grandparents who actually experienced segregation. The best part...when white people aren't being racist enough THEY MAKE SH** UP! Seriously, the mindset of such people is that of pure ignorance. I don't get it, I really don't. I've had conversations with some of these people, and I walk away in disbelief. I've actually had a BLM supporter tell me once white people are slaves to blacks for a few years it will be even. My mouth dropped. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Someone actually advocating for white slavery because someone related to him 150+ years ago was a slave.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

BLM are chasing ghosts when they hang on to the past as a valid justification to their radicalism, it's like blaming the actual germans for what Hitler did 71 years ago..

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

What I don't get is how they can actually believe it's justified to act that way. It really is a full blown mindset, obviously taught from an early age. If you go against that mindset and culture, well you are shunned and called "Uncle Tom", even by your own family. It's actually more than anything really really sad. They literally are the ones keeping extreme racism alive.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I dont get it either, I think it narrows their vision, a lot! its like you said, instead of fighting a division, they promote one!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If a Black person yelled fire when there wasn't any in a white neighborhood movie theater, he/she would come out a hero. Would get extended fame if there were casualties and get compared to being Obama's son if the cops touched him.

edit on 28-4-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

I can't wait 'til the black racists (and hopefully SJW in general) cry wolf so much nobody believes them. I love seeing hateful people work hard to earn their downfall.

Actually believe this has already happened, and it happened some time ago.

There is a very well trafficked cottage industry in the self publishing and youtube media markets purely based on targeting so called 'social justice warriors.' The problem here is that a single 'SJW' can generated several terabytes worth of content, criticism, and e-drama that is disproportionate to their actual impact on reality.

I'll caveat this by saying I have no idea about America. I don't live there. Based on the content that the American media outputs though, perhaps someone can confirm, this issue must be massive there?

Where I live this isn't as much of an issue, although some politicians assume that certain movements are bigger than they actually are. We've recently had ministers state they are not feminists in my country and they are still employed regardless of what youtube says.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
"Racism" is starting to lose its meaning as a word. These days racism means a white person doing yoga or wearing dreadlocks, not someone burning a cross in a black guy's yard. Years ago, an accusation of racism had a very serious moral implication about that person. These days, I've become more skeptical to it because it seems like anything that a white person does is considered racism, regardless of their intention. As a person above said, its like crying wolf. At some point you start to disregard it because its essentially meaningless and a whole lot of people either whining over absolutely trivial BS or its people making up hoaxes about being racist. People crave to be a victim these days. It's trendy and it ironically gives them a sort of power. That is why we are seeing a lot of fake hate crimes.

Institutions cave into these people and accommodate them even if its just a very small minority of whiners who are doing to complaining. People need to ignore them and they will go away.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Since these "Social Justice Warriors" can't find racism in their University they decided to make up their own.

And it reminds me of this other thread when these "Snowflakes" thought they saw a Klan member when the person turns out to be a priest wearing white robes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela and those who actually fought against real racism are probably rolling on their graves right now.
edit on 4/28/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I guess the only thing I can say is a small correction - racism isn't on the decline, really, because such actions as this are racist int he extreme. It's just that those responsible have changed, and those targeted.

Any student doing such a thing should be expelled. Period. Charges for attempting to incite violence wouldn't be out of line, either.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Careful now, you are treading on thin ice. The thing you are missing is that it is okay to be racist toward white people. Minorities are allowed to do whatever they want because they have been oppressed by white people. They also cannot be racist because racism = power + privilege. If you even get a SJW or progressive to admit that something is racist, prejudice, unequal, unfair, etc., against a white person, it will then quickly be justified by one of the reasons above. MLK would be so disappointed in us right now. This is not the vision he had.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Yeah, it's ridiculous they will get away with doing that.

Speaking of racist, I hear grammar nazi's are racist, now.

I agree they should be shunned but comon!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join