It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From history: Was a F-89 'captured' by a UFO in 1953?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hey guys,
I'd like to bring up a case from UFO history, just to see what you think about it:

In the years since they began to appear in large numbers, there have been several known, documented, and public incidents where fighter craft from various militaries have engaged in 'hot pursuit' of UFOs (F-106 chase of UFO in 1975, F-5 chase in Brazil, F-4 chase in Iran)... but there have been relatively few in which the fighter craft have been lost due to action on part of the UFO.

However,
On the night of November 23, 1953, Air Defense Command radar spotted an unknown object flying over Lake Superior at about 500 miles per hour. Being that this was the northern frontier of the USA, and that the cold war was at its height, the air force scrambled an F-89C all-weather jet fighter, piloted by Lt. Felix Moncla Jr. and radar operator Lt. R.R. Wilson from Kinross AFB near the Soo Locks, in Michigan, to intercept it. Under radar guidance, the jet intercepted the UFO at 8000 feet, 70 miles off of Keweenaw Point. Radar operators on the ground watched as the blip of the UFO approached the F-89, MERGED with it, then dissapeared... An exhaustive search over the next days found neither fighter, nor crew.

The USAF first said that the F-89 had crashed while following a canadian c-47 at low altitude. It then said that the pilot had been overcome by vertigo... then, finally, it just said that the fighter had simply exploded at high altitude, without cause. Monclas widow was, in turn, told all of these stories... then was told them again, in different order, when she asked questions later on.

Finally, the Canadian government said it had no aircraft in the area at the time, and certainly no aircraft had collided with an american jet.

So, ATS people, what do YOU think happened? Did Moncla, somehow, experience vertigo while flying on instruments, with a second crewman monitoring instruments behind him? Did the canadians really have a C-47 in the area, the loss of which they've hid for 50 years? Did the F-89 simply 'explode' because its warrantee was out?

Or were Lts Moncla and Wilson, along with their F-89, captured by an Unidentified Flying Object?

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Believe it or not, my father was a radar operator in Battle Creek Michigan and was on duty when that happened. He has told me that story my entire life and has given that incident as the reason he knows ufo's are real. He said that as the plane was approaching the object, which had been flying around at tremendous speeds the radio started to break up.( Initially they had scambled two fighters to intercept but one had to turn around.)

He said they were getting very broken up and intermitent radio transmissions from the plane, and they all watched the two blips on the radar screen, one stationary one moving, come closer and closer together. He said that by the time the blips were very close they had lost all radio contact with one another.

He swears that the two blips merged into one blip, that after a few moments the now single blip flew off at great speeds and they never heard from or saw the plane or its occupants again. He did say they were expressly forbidden to speak about what had transpired by Air Force brass.

[Edited on 6-16-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wow,
Thanks for the GREAT post, William one sac. This is one of those stories that just sends chills through your spine... can you imagine being in that cockpit?

Even though he was told not to talk about it, either you or he should write that story down for posterity one day (you don't need to publish it if you're worried about the orders he was given).

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
2 or 3 years ago, I've seen on TV ( a UFO show ) a Russians Lt-Col who told that one of their experimental jets ( a Su-37 I think ) disapeared over his airbase. The weather was nice, no clouds, no wind, nothing...except a big UFO.

Also, he told there was 1 million USD for the people(s) who was ( were ) able to bring them their aircraft.

The Russian Officer was looking damn serious and was very upset against the anti-UFO team, telling them their were a bunch of ( censored ) who didn't know anything on the UFO subject.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I can't believe I haven't heard of this incident before. In fact, I found it hard to believe until this line from you...

" Initially they had scambled two fighters to intercept but one had to turn around.)"

As we would never just send up one fighter to investigate an unknown intruder...I had that question in the back of my mind while reading the first post. Thank you for the clarification.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm bumping this thread back up because William's story was so interesting... something like that shouldn't be allowed to die-out so quickly, here.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This story is a classic that has been floating around for years( since 1953 anyway ). I have to believe that the crewmen and aircraft were captured intact by the ufo and taken away. This would be a good target for remote viewers to focus in on and try to find out what actually happened and if the crew are still alive somewhere.

NAZI ANTARCTIC UFO'S

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Okay, I think WOS sharing his father's first-hand account is so truly awesome. Thank you WOS!

In return I will share a first-hand account given to me (which of course makes it second-hand, but then so is WOS's).

Shuttle flight, mission control monitoring payload bay camera view on orbit. All of sudden a "spherical" object of considerable size comes into view laterally!!! Within seconds the live-feed from the camera goes dead.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Okay, I think WOS sharing his father's first-hand account is so truly awesome. Thank you WOS!

In return I will share a first-hand account given to me (which of course makes it second-hand, but then so is WOS's).

Shuttle flight, mission control monitoring payload bay camera view on orbit. All of sudden a "spherical" object of considerable size comes into view laterally!!! Within seconds the live-feed from the camera goes dead.

Did the camera malfunction, or was it turned off on purpose??

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is where both the source speculated, and I would speculate.

Cut off.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I wrote up a report on the incident here: www.subversiveelement.com...

Interestingly enough, a writer for Virtually-Strange magazine has been in contact with me and are now editing their previous version of the incident in light of the new infformation my father provided. It does seem to be a great over sight that no one questioned the standard version of the story, which says only one fighter was scrambled, when as Gazrok pointed out, it was standard operating procedure to scramble two fighters in these situations.

Another technical point in the matter, the air base at Battle Creek switched to long range radar to observe the events that had come over their radio, which was illegal for them to do at that time.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thought you guys might want a picture of the bad boy in question:

The 'pods' on the wingtips are not fuel tanks. They contain radar targetable rockets! Trust me, this baby looks bad to the bone when it lights up and you see a stream of rockets coming out of each wing!

join