It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I want to say that science has proven itself to be wrong time and time again. It's in a state of ongoing flux. Personally, I can't use science as a be all and end all. Scientists change their "toons" on a regular basis as well as vehemently disagree with each other on what's what.

edit on 5-5-2016 by tweetie because: added commentary

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Ghandi is included in the Urban Dictionary as a common "misspelling" of Gandhi.
edit on 5-5-2016 by tweetie because: added quotation marks

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

My apologies, threads confused.

Thread it was posted in, same subject

In my reality these threads were the same. Obviously there was a timeline shift.

What is the conclusion of the quantum physicist?

Physics churns out parallel universes with ease, but accessing or having aspects of alternative realms invade our universe appears to be the stuff of fantasy.

Your sarcasm is weak.

A lot has happened in the four years since that article was written. It's not what I posted in this thread at all. BTW, that wasn't the physicist's conclusion it was the author's.
who is a trekkie with two Art degrees

edit on 5/5/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: more info

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen

In your reality? We are getting into SJW type of stuff here. If I deny your reality I am triggering you...

In reality it is, and has always been tunes. Why? Because this reality is the reality. Your "reality" would be an alternate reality. You have no proof of your reality other than faulty memory. You can't keep using your memory, or the memory of others as proof.

Answer me this: Have you actually read the scientific papers on mass false memory?

I get the feeling you haven't. You called yourself an X-Man earlier in the thread so I think you like the idea of being from an alternate reality.

We're not trying to proof anything (that's so last earth), we're trying to found each other and unity

First thing after Mandela Effect hits with a full power is a question "Am I alone with this", next one is "Did we all die". Last thing is you wanna argue with anyone ever again, this is too much alone.
edit on 5-5-2016 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I just noticed that 'nevermind' gets that cool spellcheck line under it. i looked it up online and sure enough, it's not a word. Merriam and Webster's online definition is for 'never mind'. so weird. maybe I should go check my actual dictionary but what's the point really? I know now what its going to say. Does anybody else know of any other phrases like this that are in the dictionary?
edit on 5/5/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: adde other

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Tell you what gang. If this personal sniping doesn't end you will experience the "intrepid effect." No further verbal warnings will be given.

Thank you!!! What took you so long?! lol

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

I think you are combining Cup Noodles and Cup O Soup.

Cup o Soup was from Lipton.

Edit: Oh man, so I just googled it and it was Cup a Soup...

Images, Cup A Soup

See, this would be a Mandela Effect for me. I seriously remember Cup O Soup. Guess what? I was wrong. No alternate reality for this guy.

I did exactly the same thing this morning. Realized that I had never really eaten "Cup Noodles" but another brand, remembered "Cup o' Soup" and then was confronted with "Cup A Soup" ... that did REALLY bother me.

But it bothers me about my own memory, not ... well, you know ...

It somewhat gets to you right? Wait 'til it becomes eerie...that's when the fun begins.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

a reply to: TombEscaper
I also like how you say "I don't remember it, but some people say" about the bond girl. If you don't remember it why are you using it as proof of your view? The girl who liked Jaws never had braces. She had perfect teeth and she didn't mind that Jaws had metal teeth. That was the point of the shot.

Now that is a case of faulty memory if I ever did see one.
I remember her having braces.
My guess is they removed them digitally on later releases due to the paedophilia connotations, as with the braces and pigtails she kinda looks underage.

Unless anyone has an old VHS version of it in which she doesn't have the braces?

I don't even to bother check that out anymore, gave up checking things after reading the bible.. now my sins doesn't exist anymore, they have became debts - in all versions.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There are, to my knowledge, multiple theories of "time" and "how time works." You will get a different answer from Steven Hawking and Brian Greene, for example, and no doubt they would have a healthy argument about it that would go way over my head.

So, if scientists are in disagreement about the "structure" or "flow" of time and how we relate to it, and there are other theories out there as well fighting for recognition, it's a challenge to simply rely on science to guide us as to what the heck "time" is and how we perceive it/experience it vs. its reality in the structure of the universe.

I mean, all those wave forms and particles were configured in a certain way in this moment and then poof, by the time you are reading this they are different. I imagine trying to perceive the world with different senses and how that would be an entirely different "ride" so to speak.

Perception is everything, in some ways. We don't see reality, and I don't just mean that our brains are selective and fill stuff in - our brains turn atoms and chemical interactions and waves and particles and photons into complex structures that are interrelated in "neural nets" that have multiple "brain centers" involved.

A memory of, say, "Berenstein Bears" comes up and we have a whole neural net based on those memories, perhaps of our own childhood and how we learned to read, or memories of sharing tv time with our kids and family - sights, sounds, places, textures, smells, time of day, important events or "reading time with mom" or whatever are all bundled into a complex network in our brains, so that when we access the memory, we aren't just pulling up the word or name itself, but all the important associations it has for us. Pretty neat!

However, when one of those major pieces is "wrong" externally compared with our internal memories, it causes a sense of shock, because it throws the entire net into question. Did I REALLY remember sitting with my kids to watch the show? DO I KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN MY LIFE? (I always separated words into 'chunks' as an early reader and used words I knew to understand how to read more complex words - I still do that - I have a very good visual memory and NO memory of seeing the word 'stain' associated with these bears, which is something atypical for me that I'm particularly "sure" I would have noticed...eep!)

I remember how my UFO sighting was incredibly unsettling as it showed me something that "shouldn't / couldn't" exist in my understanding of the world. Freaked me out, really. I had to force myself to sit and review the event over in my head because the shock of it made me want to pretend I hadn't seen it at all and skip along merrily the rest of my life completely omitting the event from my head. I didn't, and so now I'm on ATS (go figure).

Whatever the "alternate memory" or "misfiled memory" or "inaccurate memory" or "event" or combination of these that is/are happening, it has a similar feeling of creating insecurity over "how the world is supposed to be." Not quite as earth shaking as a UFO sighting for me personally, but quite similar in that it presents an unsolvable anomaly.

Shakes you up inside!
edit on 5-5-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A SUGGESTION/EXPERIMENT.

Since I find us all in a somewhat he said she said deadlock. And since OP has decided to take a break because of it (he looked really disturbed and unhealthy in the YT video...take care OP!)...resulting in super mod intrepid "the wolverine" having to referee this party of ours, I'd like to ask two of the staunchest "mundane" theorists to have a crack at this one.

To Gryphon66 and raymundoko:

Let's say you are correct with the faulty memory/mundane/rational theory and the other guys are wrong with their esoteric/parallel/alternate worlds theory. Then the issue is settled. End of story. We can go back to UFOs now.

Now, I'm just curious here, let's reverse the situation. You guys play the 10th man, like in the film World War Z.

Without giving too much away about the plot, there was a Mossad agent trying to explain to Brad Pitt’s character why Israel was far more prepared for a zombie outbreak than the rest of the world. The reason was the 10th Man Rule. He explained that Israel’s security council had 10 advisors that looked into big picture issues. If the first 9 dismissed an issue or potential danger to the country, then the 10th man was forced to overrule them on principle and look into the issue no matter how far-fetched the scenario. That way Israel would always be prepared for black swan events. This allowed them to build a large wall to help keep out the zombies.

Now the other guys here believe that the Mandela Effect is just the result of faulty memory. Your job is to disprove that or offer an alternative theory no matter how much you believe otherwise...because you're the 10th man.

You up for it?

Now I'm not putting you in a bad light or anything. It's just that I've noticed you two have a keen eye for research and logic, if that makes any sense. The thought that raymundoko is an alt of Phage even crossed my mind because they both give brief and specific answers.

It's okay also if you don't...no worries. You don't owe anyone here anything. I just thought it would be interesting and had to ask.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
I just noticed that 'nevermind' gets that cool spellcheck line under it. i looked it up online and sure enough, it's not a word. Merriam and Webster's online definition is for 'never mind'. so weird. maybe I should go check my actual dictionary but what's the point really? I know now what its going to say. Does anybody else know of any other phrases like this that are in the dictionary?

Ok. I was wrong. I didn't know what my 48 year old dictionary was gonna say. It's not even in there. It's a 1968 Collegiate Dictionary.

edit on 5/5/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: more info grrr

edit on 5/5/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: still not working grrr

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

My 1975 dictionary lists nevermind as one word, a noun.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I own the theatrical release of it on VHS, she does not have braces.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie
Yea, Dictionary dot com says the same. One word, noun. It has interesting origins though. I guess it wasn't widely used in 1968 or maybe just wasn't in this particular edition of dictionary being collegiate and needing space for other words. No ME here any way so...back to lurking.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Right, so I am saying I think he found the incorrect spelling and though it was correct.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Never mind vs nevermind

Never mind, as two words, is a conjunction. It is usually used between two options, ideas, or situations, with the latter being the less probable. It is synonymous with much less or let alone.

Another definition for never mind is when the words are used almost as an interjection to tell the listener not to worry. Most commonly it is used when the audience is trying to figure out a concept or idea, or even simply what the speaker said. It is almost synonymous with forget about it or it doesn’t matter. Some dictionaries list this definition under never mind, while others don’t list it at all. On the other hand, most speakers have gone the way of simplification and merged the two-word conjunction into nevermind.

Spell checkers will flag nevermind, but it is used once for every two times never mind is used, which means it’s pretty popular. It is only a matter of time before it is added to the dictionary as an official listing. Meanwhile, in informal language it is fine, but stick to never mind for formal work. Though the odds of telling your audience in a formal work to forget about it, is unlikely. Perhaps that is why the written definition is lacking.

grammarist.com

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
yea, I figured it out but thanks for making it even more clear

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

the problem is that the WW-Z ` 10th man ` premise = utter bollox - if its failings need to be explained to you - give up now

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Dilemma. Why? Are there people who think there is an "n"? I've never heard of that one....

A2D

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

For my part it is not and has not been about who's "right" here. I've merely provided the simplest explanation that works ... that accounts for all the facts I am able to ascertain. "10th Man" is a literary variation on the Devil's Advocate method ... it assures that overwhelming FACTS are not ignored in an emotional/popular rush to come to a certain conclusion (originated in the Roman Catholic Church's process for beatification/sainthood).

However, you're underestimating the "fantastic" explanation crowd ... their position is unassailable, because IF the universe that THEY came from was different than THIS ONE that we all find ourselves in ... there is no counter-evidence possible for that claim.

I cannot prove (without access to, you know, standard reality and common scientific knowledge) that someone hasn't "shifted" universes, timelines, or that they aren't being tested by "God."

It is very complex to prove a negative if not impossible without reference to logical standards.

I can only say what I have said.

edit on 5-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join