It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curt schilling fired over anti transgender post.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
So curt says this about transgenders

The post included an image of a man wearing a long blond wig and revealing women's clothing and the phrase, "Let him in! To the restroom with your daughter or else you're a narrow minded, judgmental, unloving, racist bigot who needs to die!!!"

fox news story

ESPN has the right to fire him but is it really bigotry, or just the truth? I like the guy but he can be a jerk at times.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
He's been suspended and demoted and whatnot before by Disney/ESPN for stuff he has put on Social Media just last year...

www.cnn.com...

I doubt he'll be out of broadcasting though if he wants. Fox owns a bunch of regional broadcasting rights for baseball and they would probably give him a chance.

He has a right to say it/post it but he also has to accept that there may be consequences from those words/posts. I don't think Shilling cares very much though.

I kinda miss him with Shulman and Kruk on Sunday Night Baseball. They made a good team.
edit on 21-4-2016 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

Typical authoritarian left.

How can anyone be surprised?

Every Lefty dream communist society in history murders all opposition, and I mean all.

Only the official party stance can be allowed to exist, period!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Well, they didn't really murder him, that is a gross exaggeration. Authoritarian Left and Right like to kill the message, and messenger usually. That's kinda what authoritarians do.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02
Well on their way to creating the perfect group, that will follow them off the cliff. You do what they say, think what they want you to think, say what they tell you to say, or else.

Doesn't matter if it is true or not. Doesn't matter if it is right or not.

You are their collective. You will feel or not feel at their command.

Robots or zombies. Those are the choices they are allowing you. I hope the masses enjoy cake.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
All he did was reiterate the message that is being fed to us through every media outlet right now. Where he messed up is saying in condescendingly.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Let's be plain, when it comes to the bathroom thing, this IS kind of the world we are living in. Anyone who has a small child knows this. They know which bathroom everyone belongs in. At least my son does, and he is mightily offended when momma has to take him and not daddy because he knows he's in the wrong place.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
He's been suspended and demoted and whatnot before by Disney/ESPN for stuff he has put on Social Media just last year...

www.cnn.com...

Then Mr. Schilling wasn't wearing His "thinking cap" then was He? Fool ME once, shame on You.. Fool Me twice and You're Fired!! Maybe 'They' should've had Mr. Trump utter the famous tagline/tweet "You're fired!!" Then the whole crowd could get in a lather.. I'm certain after the first 'Time Out' somebody from ABC™ Legal went over the rules of conduct for employees..

Maybe He can bloody another sock to get inspiration and/or sympathy. If He blames anyone/thing other than Himself then We will truly know..

Free Speech went out with the Hula-Hoop. Now everyone is so "Special/Important' and to exhibit that importance they get offended about crap that doesn't involve them.

I'm not offended. I'm not important.

namaste

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

So basically he should just bottle his opinions because they do not echo the mainstream? Keep silent; keep your job? Sad day when no one can speak their mind for fear of losing their job.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree but that has always been the case hasn't it? I just see it as the consequence of a choice. I would think his contract would have something about this stuff in it. Or at least after his last suspension they would have put something in writing as to what happens if he crosses that imaginary line again.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

See Gao's reply. I'm all for voicing one's opinion, but after getting suspended for like acts prior, who is to blame?

I'd go so far out on that limb to type that I'd wager that Mr. Schilling as part of His penance for the FIRST misdeed was some "Sensitivity Training" or whatever it is called now. So He thinks voicing His opinion is more important than working.

Is it that difficult to NOT discuss the Major3? (sex, religion™ and politics) Maybe at a sub-conscious or other than conscious level Mr. Schilling got tired of the long trips and talking for $$$.

If He wanted to continue to voice His opinion, He should've made another account under a nom de plume. i.e. "Jim Nasium"

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Sad day when an employer can't fire an employee that can't follow the rules they signed a contract stating that they would indeed follow those rules AND then... lose business over said employee being an asshat all the time.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Sad day when an employer can't fire an employee that can't follow the rules they signed a contract stating that they would indeed follow those rules AND then... lose business over said employee being an asshat all the time.

I am all for second chances at work (and other aspects of life). People deserve an opportunity to improve based on employer feedback.

He had his chance.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why are homophobes so obsessed with where people pee and poop?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

As can be seen by posters in this thread already, it's a rehashed, "But what about the children!?!" emotional draw that is popular among people resisting change. Like children really care about the social norms of adults.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02
So curt says this about transgenders

The post included an image of a man wearing a long blond wig and revealing women's clothing and the phrase, "Let him in! To the restroom with your daughter or else you're a narrow minded, judgmental, unloving, racist bigot who needs to die!!!"

fox news story

ESPN has the right to fire him but is it really bigotry, or just the truth? I like the guy but he can be a jerk at times.

1. The bizarreness of the right wing in their complete lack of common sense in all of this is interesting. Transgender people LOOK LIKE THE GENDER THEY IDENTIFY AS. What part of this are these absolute morons not getting? A transgender male to female LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN, so these laws will now force people who look like women into MENS ROOMS - and the opposite is also true of course. All these laws have done is make a problem out of there being no problem.

2. A company has the right to fire someone who embarrasses them, who expresses opinions and views which go against that companies policies, a person who routinely expresses bigotry and hatred toward people they would be expected to work with and be professional with. If this person were preaching racist or anti-Semitic statements you would expect him to loose his job too, so why would this be any different just because it's a different group of people he shows hatred for?

Bigotry and hatred of others is the same whether it's against those of another race, those of a different sexuality, a different nationality, a different gender... it makes absolutely no difference. The existence of transgender people has absolutely no impact on his life, he has no authority over anyone else, he's just another hateful little cretin who imagines he's deserving of some superiority based on an arbitrary difference.

In short, he probably has a micro penis and he's real angry about it.

edit on 21-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

A better question is why do all these homophobes and bigots imagine that the rest room is a place for perving on other people and sexual acts?

It's interesting isn't it?
There are already laws making all the things they bizarrely imagine going on illegal, and yet they think they need to make another law to prevent already criminal acts from happening, even though those acts haven't been happening...

It makes you wonder what's going on in the heads of the people making and supporting these laws. I would be more afraid of my child being in a rest room with a Republican politician than with a transgender person, one sees these places as an opportunity, the other sees them as a place necessary for normal bodily functions.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah I heard you've got your finger on the pulse of what children are thinking in 2016 so that all checks out.

Nothing to see here folks, just a bunch of people "afraid of change"

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Pretty much. You've summed it up well.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

It's homophobic not to want a 50 pedophile in the women's bathroom?

Lol, strange times indeed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join