It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandering for votes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Right, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the whole, "Well I didn't experience that, so it must not be real" attitude I'm seeing these days.

It's arguing that because one can't relate to an issue, it must not really even be an issue. This, sometimes is used in conjunction with the old, "I don't understand it, so it must not exist" attitude.

It's all defensive mechanisms because white people feel they're being attacked and made into "bad people".

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

We're all sick and tired of something. Join the crowd.

You just made the point perfectly. Reverse it. Some people don't experience it so to act like it's a tidal wave that has taken over an entire race of people is disingenuous at best. The whole "we don't like to paint everyone with a broad brush" works with just about every scenario but this one. White privilege maybe needs to be changed to "some people privilege" because it certainly is not something only white folks have cornered the market on.

If others want to wear the label I have no issue with it. Wear it proudly if it makes you feel better. The day I start getting ahead and stop having to struggle for my own sh1t, maybe I'll think about wearing it as well.

<< 1  2   >>

join