It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Written Series

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hello everyone, it is early morning and an idea has burst in my head. Now this is only an idea, not a promise, but what of an ATS series? Now of course anyone could write in the Short Forums forum and anyone could create a so called series, but I am here to see if anyone would be interested in such a thing. I'm not certain if there would be (for example if it were by me) a standard time of posting (though I'd try), but a story either very or loosely connected I believe could be interesting to read and on my part and anyone else who were to decide to write their own series to write. It would be something comparable to the radio shows of the 20th Century or Saturday cartoons of the late 20th Century, except they would be focused on adult themes (all within the T&Cs) and possibly with conspiracies of the real world. Is there any support for such a thing? Any interest? Any thoughts whatsoever? Well, I leave this question to you, this idea. Enjoy your mornings everyone. Hope you all had a good night. Or perhaps it is now night where you are, or any other time. Have a good one.

-Tiamat

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Would be awesome if they took some of the stories in here and wrote a new "twilight zone" and aired it

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mannegishi
Well that's actually in a way the opposite of what I want, though that would be interesting. What do you think of the idea in the OP? Would you be interested in reading a series with perhaps an "episode" once or twice a week? Or every two weeks at worst.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I like the idea! Might be willing to write a couple of "episodes"... though unsure what they could be just yet...

Hmmmmmm... gets the ol' mind thinking and pondering!
And as always, happy to read whatever you come up with if you were to write a few episodes of a series!!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
I'm reading your email, but will respond here first. You should definitely write a series here(though I suppose you do already in the Shed), but more is always better! So long you are aware of rights to posts! I will write(if anything) the first episode. I'm thinking how it would start and where. The ending is...clear. It will be conspiracy centric! Which is why I said ATS would love the topic

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
You could try The Shed

There are many pages and a story panning Shed 1,2,3 and 4.

Interesting read.

P

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I like the idea of going the "paranormal witness" route where a tv series is made up of short reenactments of members paranormal experiences from ghosts to ufos to whatever else. Make it like a youtube channel.

Contact the members whos real life stories or posts would make a great short piece and start filming!

AtS the t.v.show! Kinda like unexplained mysteries and other similar shows from the 90s. Put maybe three 5-10 minute stories an episode.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
I'm already very active there. I mean for more openness and more length to be standalone threads per episode.

I'm leaving this smiley so I don't seem rude!

edit on 16-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I mean written! And about historical conspiracies. Well for my own anyways. I'm just curious if people would be interested in reading a conspiracy based written episode once every week about. For example. I enjoy writing hence the idea of making it words and not video.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I replied without noticing it was you. Lol. Sorry.

P

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Haha it's ok.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I like the idea of going the "paranormal witness" route where a tv series is made up of short reenactments of members paranormal experiences from ghosts to ufos to whatever else. Make it like a youtube channel.

Contact the members whos real life stories or posts would make a great short piece and start filming!

AtS the t.v.show! Kinda like unexplained mysteries and other similar shows from the 90s. Put maybe three 5-10 minute stories an episode.

I have a New Media production company w/cast, crew, gear, studio access....know any producers?

Something like this? I was sound recordist on this project.

www.youtube.com...

or perhaps we could take the written content and use it to make a web series, TV pilot or feature film: with proper screen credit and remuneration if the project makes any money or is sold to cable.

edit on 16-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It would be awesome to be a writer for a show or movie.

But there is issue of rights which is why a blog or email may be better for writing.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

It would be awesome to be a writer for a show or movie.

Then you have my utmost encouragement.

We use this software for our projects, but there are a lot of industry standard writing programs available.

www.celtx.com...

Fresh media content is always in demand. And actually intellectual property rights and copyrights arent all that complicated.....
edit on 16-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm not interested in being a er, freelance writer of films. I mean I'm not interested in making films. I enjoy writing and any party that requires one I'd gladly try for so long as there is some sort of profit and enjoyment. Though free work too, if the project is good enough, but not profitable.

They aren't? I assume if you write it online you don't have full rights? Or there is less interest if any.

Actually at my age free wouldn't be free because it'd be experience and a resume.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Living in NY, I would think there would be internships available as a studio writer. Both paid and unpaid.

Even my small company gets a ton of submissions for shorts, documentaries and features, we prefer to write and make our own films.

With so many cable channels and the www. content is a hot commodity.

Good luck with whatever path you decide on!!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
A hot commodity sure, but the price doesn't match the demand. Which to my understanding goes against basic economics. I'll look into studio writing, what it specifically is and all. It hadn't crossed my mind in the past. Still hoping to create a blog, either for money or experience(actually if money is involved for both).

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Can you elaborate more on the format you are talking about. Are you thinking the story should unfold like a TV show. You mentioned the old radio programs and Saturday morning cartoons.

By episodes, do you mean a serialized story? Where each story follows the previous. Where the overall plot is worked out ahead of time and each episode, while self contained, still follows the events of the previous episode. Where everyone working on it is using the same characters. Like a TV show.

Like say, if your idea was the X-files. Would we all be using the Mulder and Scully characters, but writing our own stories with them. Like we were the writing room on the show. The episodes divided amongst whoever is participating.

Or would this be more a shared universe thing. Where everyone is doing there own loosely connect stories. That all share a theme and take place in the same world. Like George R. R. Martin's Wild Card series.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy
I'm sorry for the confusion I hadn't slept and it was 6 AM I believe when I wrote it up. I mean a story that is yes, serialized so each entry is a continuation of the past one like a TV show with the only difference being, it is written.

There are two ways for what I have in mind to develop. Either with a single writer making entry after entry with the same characters with each entry connected to form the grand plot OR more than one writer who collaborate to create a serialized story. The only difference is the amount of writers; the more writers the more difficult due to communication, but also less work per writer.

Of course the other ideas you suggested are valid, but the above are the ones I had in mind. Please let me know if it is clear now and if it isn't I will try to explain in a better manner.

Television Version Example: The Americans, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I understand now. It sounds very cool. Sorry for any confusion on my part. I misread the OP, and thought you were looking to do a collaborative thing. With a bunch of people all doing episodes. But you were asking if people would be interested in the concept.

If you were to start a serialized story on ATS I would read it.

<<   2 >>

join