It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP/RNC Is On The Verge Of Spontaneous Combustion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

And letter written to the Colorado GOP head.

I guess you haven’t learned YOUR lesson, you saw what we did to the state senate president who betrayed us and voted for the anti-2nd Amendment Bills, we recalled her, what do you think we will do to you for selling us out and joining the #NeverTrump cabal?
Let me be abundantly clear so there is no mistake, WE WILL BURN THE WHOLE $#@!ING PARTY TO THE GROUND ON ELECTION DAY! We will do one of three things, stay home, vote for 3rd party candidates (ones who don’t have a chance of winning) or cast our lot with the despicable Democrats and destroy the GOP for a generation, it’ll take over a decade to recover from those losses and I’m talking boycotting the entire Republican ticket here, no exceptions.
So you now have a choice, invalidate the caucus held over the weekend and hold a “fair” caucus or face our wrath in November. Go ahead cross us at your own peril, you know we are pissed off already by the share of votes Donald J. Trump has received in the Primary Elections held until this point. Think long and hard, ask yourselves “is it worth destroying our entire party for over a decade and suffering a loss from which we may never recover or is it better to listen to the voters and not the RINOs/GOPe (elites)?”.
Signed, a 53 year old Colorado Registered Republican voter & Trump supporter
PS. I DID support Ted Cruz until he screwed Chris McDaniel in Mississippi, sold us out by championing TPP, gave Obama the ok to negotiate with Iran and began his dishonest campaign for president, now I wouldn’t elect him dogcatcher.

The Ron Paul people didn't back Romney in 2012, and the Trump people won't back whoever they put up instead of him, they have a real catch 22 on their hands, but worse is the down ballot reactions, the GOP stand to be completely swept from all levels of power if they are not careful.
edit on 13-4-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Every campaign promises change that this time for sure really we can all believe in…

meh…

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Hopefully the Republican party will disappear.

They no longer represent their base.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The Republican Elites have held power too long and are terrified of giving it up. If they can't have "their guy" in the driver's seat, they will stoop to dirty tricks to put him there. They are obviously scared of Trump, because they don't control him. People Are Sick Of It. Unless they start doing what The People want,I would love to see, come election day, every Republican lose by landslides.
Keep ignoring We The People at your own peril.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Every member of the GOP in Colorado could stay home or vote Democratic in the election and it would hardly have an effect on the results.

They don't have much of a leg to stand on.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Although I can see how people who have traditionally voted Republican might see this as a problem, if you are right about them potentially being swept from power totally, does that not suggest that it is possible that there might be a congress which actually achieves something next time around? Would that not be a more positive result than gridlock for at least one more administrative term?

The way I see it, the crumbling of US infrastructure is not going to get solved with a grid locked congress in place, no matter who the damned president is! That, and many other issues besides, require a dynamic and proactive congress, one prepared to act, rather than avoid acting at all costs!
edit on 13-4-2016 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
One would think they learned when people revolted against the Dems shenanigans the last several years and voted them in. Instead of paying attention as to why they are in office, they're focusing on THE PARTY, not the people. I don't think they'll ever learn.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure the GOP has given up any semblance of winning the Presidency. They just don't want Trump nominated since they see a Trump nomination as more damaging to the GOP name than anything else that could happen. That's my 2 pennies on the matter.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Where else will the Trump people go if not the GOP. Their hate for Hillary, Obama and all things progressive will drive them back into the faux conservative fold of the Republicans.

Not that it makes any difference the GOP has proven they don't have what it takes to win an election this time. My advise would be for the GOP to craft a more moderate platform that includes women and minorities. If they don't .....adios!
edit on 13-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah the GOP are hoping for a contested convention cause then they can literally just offer anything to the delegates to switch their votes on the 2nd ballot.

Donald better get to the magic number or he's actually done for.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Imagine turning up the contrast on a photograph...A little bit helps you see the distinct objects...too much and the picture gets ugly.

Polarizing the political views in this country was an advantage to the GOP (and dems) early on...No compromise...

The contrast has been turned up to where the GOP are fracturing.

The Dems?...to a lessor degree with Bernie.

The Dems will win this election because they are less polarized within their own party than the GOP....but that might no be the case in 4 or 8 years.

The question is then...is this a good thing? A more fractured/polarized spectrum of political ideology? If done right it will mean more diverse choices in the future apart from the establishment...multiple parties besides just DNC/RNC...

Not certain what that leads to...their are examples in Europe where there are 4 or more parties that compete well for elections.

edit on 13-4-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The GOP could very well be the Whig party of the 21st century, from power to irrelevance in 3 election cycles. The main issue that divided the Whigs was slavery. For the GOP it will be immigration and trade.

Despite voting for it's candidates more often than not, I will not mourn it's passing and look forward to pissing on it's grave.

Come what will.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah the GOP are hoping for a contested convention cause then they can literally just offer anything to the delegates to switch their votes on the 2nd ballot.

Donald better get to the magic number or he's actually done for.

~Tenth

NPR had a bit about this...I think it was Gerald Ford who was offering/giving away trips on Air Force one, dinners at the Whitehouse and stays in the Lincoln Bedroom to Delegates to get their vote. As far as rules and oversight...anything goes for Delegates...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12 My advise would be for the GOP to craft a more moderate platform that includes women and minorities. If they don't .....adios!

This was their plan after the 2012 loss...complete with RNC meetings and strategy papers etc.. And then Cruz and Trump rose to the top of the heap...the GOPs plan was moderate Jeb...married to a Latino, no extreme positions etc..

And he bombed with the GOP base..

Paul Ryan is waiting for this election to be over ...again just yesterday, press conference "I do not want to run!"...thou protest too much...He is planning to run in 4 or 8 years after the GOP's right wing Trump supporters get their frustration out of their system and get a taste of losing.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm pretty sure the GOP has given up any semblance of winning the Presidency. They just don't want Trump nominated since they see a Trump nomination as more damaging to the GOP name than anything else that could happen. That's my 2 pennies on the matter.

And down ticket...lazy voters simply pick Dem or GOP and check down the line...Trump could mean GOP loses in the Senate and House.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What do you expect state republican legislators are passing so called right to work legislation and religious freedom bills into law during a election year. Theses laws are less rights and less freedom for the people.

The last election the GOP was against minimum wage increases yet republican voters passed all wage increases in every state it was on the ballot.

The GOP is anti science anti education and refuse to invest in America. They wish to limit rights of certain Americans they have limited the rights of millions of Americans to vote and so many wonder why they only have a 28% approval rating????

Part of this can be blamed on the rights propaganda machine but the party of no, anger, hate, and fear is unsustainable. Weclome to the real world.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Every member of the GOP in Colorado could stay home or vote Democratic in the election and it would hardly have an effect on the results.

~Tenth

That might be true, but in large purple/swing states angry GOP voters might make the difference for their lack of support this round.
edit on 13-4-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Although I can see how people who have traditionally voted Republican might see this as a problem, if you are right about them potentially being swept from power totally, does that not suggest that it is possible that there might be a congress which actually achieves something next time around? Would that not be a more positive result than gridlock for at least one more administrative term?

The way I see it, the crumbling of US infrastructure is not going to get solved with a grid locked congress in place, no matter who the damned president is! That, and many other issues besides, require a dynamic and proactive congress, one prepared to act, rather than avoid acting at all costs!

Gridlock was the intention to begin with.

We have more than enough laws, we don't need more at all!!!

I love gridlock, then I don't lose more rights.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

~Tenth

That might be true, but in large purple/swing states angry GOP voters might make the difference for their lack of support this round.

So...Swing States this time around...

North Carolina (Clinton +2% over Trump, She is tied with Cruz)
Virginia (Clinton +13% over trump, she is +6% over Cruz)
Pennsylvania (Clinton +5% over Trump, +6% over Cruz)
Ohio (Clinton +4% over Trump, +2% over Cruz)
Wisconsin (Polls have Clinton at +10% over Trump and +1% over Cruz)
New Hampshire (Polls have Clinton at +7.5% over trump and +4% over Cruz)
Iowa (Polls have Clinton +8% over Trump, -4% to Cruz)
Colorado (Polls have Clinton over Cruz at +1-3% and +10% over Trump)
Nevada (cant find much)
Florida (Clinton +2% over Trump, +5% over Cruz)

Trump the Nominee? Historic electoral map losses. 347 to 191 on the electoral map...maybe higher with new states in play swapping from red to blue for the first time.

Cruz?...Generously giving the GOP NC, Ohio, Wisc, Iowa, Nevada...Clinton wins 283 to 255 on the map and that is the best they can hope for..limiting loses.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Progression to the point of regression.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join