It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Advice About One Of My Cats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Oh neat will we be seeing papabeth anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: mamabeth

If your boy is in pain, don't hesitate to have him put down because it is the humane thing to do and it is pretty much downhill for him at this point. I was unable to euthanize my 14 year old cats when they exhibited signs of organ failure and they suffered. I will never let another pet linger in pain and suffering ever again, but letting your beloved pets be euthanized is a very difficult decision and act to do - until you experience them experiencing a terrible death.

As for the pee soaked in the walls, try water and vinegar - let is soak in. Then repainting with a primer of KILZ and a good glossy paint should do the trick.

We had to have one of our cats put down due to kidney failure also. It started with him peeing everywhere, losing weight, then fur and then his balance. The vet said we could give him and i.v everyday and it would work for awhile. A few days after the vet visit I heard him crying on the front porch, he was in pain. I decided then we'd take him in the next day to be put down. I was not going to let him suffer. He was an awesome, sweet, loving, loyal and goofy cat. The vet let me hold him while he gave him the shot. It was so fast, no suffering. It was hard and sad but I couldn't let him suffer because I was selfish and wanted to keep him around.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

I don't think so.He hasn't read the replies yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ZenTam

A new study on understanding cat meowing indicates they do communicate with humans (mostly). I recall my elderly cats coming to me meowing and yowling, but I was weak (not sure about the selfish part) and chose not to euthanize them, because choosing death over life is one of the most difficult decisions one can make. That was a mistake I will never repeat, after seeing them suffer.

I think it is helpful that you and I relate these life's experiences to others, as choosing to end a pet's suffering is the right thing to do.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: ZenTam

A new study on understanding cat meowing indicates they do communicate with humans (mostly). I recall my elderly cats coming to me meowing and yowling, but I was weak (not sure about the selfish part) and chose not to euthanize them, because choosing death over life is one of the most difficult decisions one can make. That was a mistake I will never repeat, after seeing them suffer.

I think it is helpful that you and I relate these life's experiences to others, as choosing to end a pet's suffering is the right thing to do.

I didn't mean it to sound like the OP or you, were being selfish, I was referring to myself. I felt it would have been selfish on my part to keep him around, even though he was suffering, just because I couldn't let go. I could't stand to see or hear him in pain. He deserved better than that, cause he was a great kitty. He meowed and looked at me with a look that said "your my human, you normally help me, please help". That was when I knew I couldn't let him suffer.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

My husband finally read some of the replies here and he loved
your avatar.Thank-you for your advice.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

My husband read some of your posts and he liked your advice.
Thank-you for responding to my thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yesterday , I noticed that my cat had peed on my dishwasher.This
morning he woke me up chewing on my hair.I made an appointment
with the vet to check out his kidney function.He is not peeing as
much in his litter as I am used to him doing.

<< 1  2   >>

join