It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 2016 - Where do you get your news?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: reldra

Oh yeah - The Daily Kos, as you said - I've been watching that one recently, too.... Benevolent Heretic brought my attention to them.
Forgot about Huffington Post, yes I check with them when I see links posted here or elsewhere. They're a bit too shrill for me sometimes, but I mostly agree with their bent.

RawStory is also good, and TruthOut.
And 538 isn't too bad (now that I know what it is...did you know why it's called that? 538 is the number of electors in the Electoral College (a scam if their ever was one!).

Al Jazeera is closing down? Stupid Islamophobia.

I used to think RT was decent, but now I don't trust them.

I will look at 538.

Al jazeera America is...the others will probably translate on Chrome in a click.

RT...some will say 'they are all controlled', but we know that one is from the reporter that quit on air.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I like your whole post, but mainly these.

Makes sense that we're "friends."

I hate to go back and check, cause it will just irritate me, and I'm one hour away from 48 hours free of nicotine.....
was there much mention of WND, DailyMail (UK), Newsmax, TheBlaze, Rush Limbaugh, FoxNews, Glenn Beck, etc so far in the thread?

Oh, and I often look at RightWingWatch just to see what they have going - they cover scores of organizations and people who are right-wingers. It's a good one to check for what the Conservative Christian Crowd are thinking, saying, doing, reading. It's nauseating, but informative to know who's who.

edit on 3/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I think I only saw The Blaze once, someone say they listen to conservative radio once in awhile just to see what they are saying and and...Natural News...oh dear lol.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I forgot NPR, but they often cause me to start to doze off. They talk like they think they will startle the elderly if they don't maintain a monotone.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Everywhere.

Because I don't trust anyone.

(looks around and hides)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I get all my news from ATS.

Everything worth knowing about gets posted here and dissected by some of the most intelligent people I know. I don't believe you can get more unbiased news than here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The Daily Show, Bill Maher, and The Young Turks, where else????

/sarcasm
edit on 3312016 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I think I only saw The Blaze once, someone say they listen to conservative radio once in awhile just to see what they are saying and and...Natural News...oh dear lol.

I can understand why you wouldn't like The Blaze or Natural News. Those are both Libertarian sites and you are not a Libertarian. Personally I like both those sites and while I don't agree with everything they report on they are more geared to someone like me who is a personal liberty freak.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
As mentioned above, ATS provides links and comments to a whole host of topics. Many of which i would never in a million years happen upon while reading the local paper or just watching the news. Some of the "heavy weight" threads here really boggles the mind and gets you thinking. A good break from the war, diet and reality show filled garbage that's served in the populistic tabloids.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Usually the radio, I listen to a mix of right wing talk and NPR. The big stories are usually covered between them. There's the occasional item here that's interesting too but my rule for news from ATS is I always look for a better source before I consider it as serious. Random websites and blogs aren't trustworthy for news, there's a reason the mainstream media is still mainstream.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I get my news from common sense and other average people.

Then maybe citizen journalism, or by reading as many brain puke articles to see how each are lying to fine tune the actual truth.

Its funny one honest person with a cell phone is better than a multi billion dollar news group trying to help government in its efforts to screw us all.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

My first stop is the Google news feed - I sift through the world and national news first, pick the stories I'm interested in then usually pick at least three sources for the same story. I try to pick at least one right leaning source and one leftier - then what I consider to be the most reliable source. That part is getting to be more and more of a challenge :-)

I read all three (or sometimes more) versions for the same story - then I move on to the comments sections

Then I read all the science stories

Then I go to the more outrageous sites for opinions and propaganda - and the sheer joy of listening to everyone argue

I have ATS open during all of this - and check in regularly

I am - a news junkie. I've been into the news since before there was an internet - I've been mainlining ever since it became the miracle that it is

I'm pathetic :-)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I try to pick at least one right leaning source and one leftier - then what I consider to be the most reliable source. That part is getting to be more and more of a challenge :-)

Right?

Reddit isn't too bad - Yahoo sometimes, too. So far I just surf for "clearing house" sites....

It's quite tricky, in my experience.

Love you, Spira! People need to realize that if they don't open their minds to other sources besides those they "agree with", they are being short-changed and manipulated.

Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean IT'S TRUE.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The town crier.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The town crier.

John Boehner?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
For anything credible, not ATS. This is more like going to the zoo to watch the animals do funny things and sling their own poo.

ROTF

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
John Boehner?

Dear Weeper:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Jacobin

:-)

It is obviously what it is - not exactly neutral

Gorgeous layout - bonus

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The Blaze is not "libertarian" - it is Theocratic nonsense.

You seriously take him seriously? Glenn Beck is a clown.
He is not a "Libertarian". He is a sensationalist, alarmist, exaggerating clown. Like Alex Jones. Like Jerry Springer.Like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

PLEASE, please, Metallicus - go to other sources than just ATS.

Educate yourself.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

People need to realize that if they don't open their minds to other sources besides those they "agree with", they are being short-changed and manipulated.

We all love to hear what we already believe

It's work to challenge that - but it's worth it to keep ourselves honest

Love you too Buzzy :-)

<< 1    3 >>

join