It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China unveils proposal for $50 trillion global electricity network

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
a reply to: swanne

a reply to: Nickn3

You don't need copper.

And the powergrid wiring, you expect it to be organic?!

Using salty water to conduct electricity

Of course, it's not as efficient as copper. But if I ran out of copper, and needed the current to keep on distributing, I sure would get imaginative.

edit on 2-4-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

No matter how the energy is being produced, a modular, off grid system, like the system that Elon Musk is proposing, would be preferable.

Agreed.

A modular, on site solution is preferable over a grid system, for many reasons.

Not least of which is to escape being held over a barrel by the big boys and girls.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

From what i understand a carrington type event can be negated by just turning the power of . Sure shutting down entire grid is not the best thing but its not the end of the world , well at least if your not on life support . The thing is though i am not sure about how accurate they are about forecasting these events . Apparently a CME just missed earth in 2012 .

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Teddy916

I think the idea of networked electricity production and delivery systems is outmoded. No matter how the energy is being produced, a modular, off grid system, like the system that Elon Musk is proposing, would be preferable.

I wish I could star your post multiple times.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that electricity should be produced as locally as possible, using the ways and means available to individuals and communities. Whether this is independently through your own solar or wind generators or collectively as part of a community, people would have a greater respect for it, would not be so wasteful, pollution would be massively decreased, technological advancements would be made at lightening pace around the world pretty much every day... there are countless benefits to this method of power generation.

We need to be learning how to use less, not trying to find damaging ways to deliver more to an already incredibly wasteful society.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join