It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Group Claims Disney, Apple & Others ‘Declared Public War’ On Christianity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Wasn't steve jobs a jew?

Steve Jobs was a Buddhist.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Wasn't steve jobs a jew?

Steve Jobs was a Buddhist.

So the buddhists are behind this!

I knew it!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Conservative Group Claims Disney, Apple & Others ‘Declared Public War’ On Christianity

A Texas-based “values” group is blasting a number of major American companies for having the nerve to demand equal rights for LGBT people.

Texas Values called Apple, Disney, Intel and the NCAA “corporate bullies” for pressuring Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal (R) into vetoing a bill that would have allowed discrimination against LGBT people.

A number of companies spoke out against the bill; Disney also threatened a boycott, saying it would stop filming in the state if the bill became law.

So some bigoted Christians seem to think that pressuring Nathan Deal to veto the anti-gay discrimination bill recently is a war on Christianity. Now why is it that certain Christians seem to tie SOOO much religious meaning towards hating gays?

It’s striking that the day after Easter, churches in Georgia are told their freedoms are not that important to protect. It’s clear that corporate giants like Apple, Disney, NCAA, Intel have finally come out of the closet and declared public war on the religious freedom of clergy and religious schools, as was the protection in Georgia’s very modest HB 757 that they worked to bring down.

The group singled out Disney in particular.

“Will Disney now ban you from wearing a cross outside your shirt at their parks?” the group asked in a statement. “Will a Catholic priest be forced to remove his white collar when he takes a picture with Mickey Mouse?”

In reality, Disney has numerous religiously themed events at its parks including the Candlelight Processional during Christmastime at Epcot and the “Night of Joy,” an annual event featuring live music from Christian acts.

Yes, the day after Easter a state decided that people should love each other equally (something Jesus would have wanted). But nope, that is an affront towards god. So says these assholes. And look at that awful hyperbole they are saying about Disney. Force priests to take off their collars? It gets worse too.

Dan Gainor of the conservative Media Research Center also had some choice words for Disney:

.@Disney hasn’t been pro-family for years. Now it’s anti-Christian and using its muscle to hurt people of faith. Screw them.
— Dan Gainor (@dangainor) March 25, 2016

If you are #Christian, why have anything to do with @Disney? They hate everything you believe in and hate you.
— Dan Gainor (@dangainor) March 30, 2016

Um... What? These people are some seriously disturbed Christians.

By the way, Deal had this to say about the veto:

However, Deal said his veto wasn’t about boycott threats from companies such as Disney.

“Georgia is a welcoming state,” he said. “It is full of loving, kind and generous people. And that is what we should want. I intend to do my part to keep it that way.”

Christian victim complex...

Do you actually believe Christians hate gay people?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: 200Plus

Jesus says to love your neighbor, plus he never specifically speaks on the matter. Though he did specifically mention to follow the ten commandments.
I've been reading your posts for a long time now. It's pretty evident that you are pretty confused and/or largely uneducated about the faith. Either that or poorly educated.

Lol. Pretty cocky aren't you?

Yes, love your neighbors. Yes, I love gay people as I love anyone else. No, I will not condone homosexuality because Jesus did address it even if it was indirectly. He reaffirmed what marriage is under God's will, and it is between a man and a woman. He also incidentally reaffirmed that multiple wives and concubines are sinful... Which gives us a broader perspective on God's relationship with is considering certain figures in the OT and cements their sinfulness as well.

Did he now? When did he do that? Where are the passages from the bible? Are you aware that the early Christian church used to conduct gay marriages? As in the church that existed right after Jesus' death? Apparently they didn't think there was sacred definition of a marriage said by Jesus.

I will not condemn a man for being gay, but I will never recognize his marriage with another man. I'll buy him lunch, bake him a birthday cake, and drive 200 miles to "rescue" him if he's stranded in a strange place, but I won't attend his gay wedding or bake him a wedding cake.

No one cares. Do you.

I love my wife as I love myself, but I won't buy her any meth (not that she wants meth).

Again. No one cares. Also relevance? No one said loving your wife was complying to her every wish.

The funny thing is corporations putting the pressure on politicians. They threaten to boycott. That's fine and dandy because it's their right, but suddenly the left is all cool with corporations being "persons" with individual rights. What happened to that? People only get upset about corporate personhood when it doesn't agree with their point of view?

This is completely off topic. No one is talking about the left or corporations. Don't deflect with a red herring.

In terms of war against Christians... Maybe that's strong language. Sure, it's sort of a moral war, but not anything different than the world has always known. Nothing new. They're just being a bit dramatic.

It's not anything. It's a complete fabrication because a bunch of dumbasses think THEIR morality is more important than anyone else's.

PS: Your post didn't live up to your cockiness. I was especially disappointed with how you tell me I'm wrong about the bible then fail to actually quote me any passages showing me that is the case. Plus the strawman about your wife and the red herring about the left and as you should know as someone who has apparently read a lot of my posts, I don't like fallacies. So, I give you a D-.
edit on 4-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I believe some do as I made clear in the OP. Not sure why that needs to be clarified.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Did he now? When did he do that? Where are the passages from the bible?

It was in reference specifically to divorce, but it still answers these questions indirectly because He reaffirmed God's vision for marriage.
Mathew 19:4-6
“'Haven’t you read,' He replied, 'that He who created them in the beginning made them male and female,' and He also said:

'For this reason a man will leave
his father and mother
and be joined to his wife,
and the two will become one flesh?
So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, man must not separate.'”

And now quoting from CARM

"Jesus supported the teachings of Moses (John 5:46-47) in which a clear condemnation of homosexuality is taught in such verses as Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13.

Also relevance? No one said loving your wife was complying to her every wish.

That's exactly what makes it relevant. You made my point for me. Thanks.

This is completely off topic. No one is talking about the left or corporations. Don't deflect with a red herring.

How is that off topic? That isn't a deflection from anything. That was me being finished with one point and moving to another one that addressed the OP.

It's not anything. It's a complete fabrication because a bunch of dumbasses think THEIR morality is more important than anyone else's.

You keep proving my point.

I don't like fallacies.

For someone who doesn't like fallacies, you're sure full of them.

So, I give you a D-.

So, I passed the test. Barely, but barely counts.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Did he now? When did he do that? Where are the passages from the bible?

It was in reference specifically to divorce, but it still answers these questions indirectly because He reaffirmed God's vision for marriage.
Mathew 19:4-6
“'Haven’t you read,' He replied, 'that He who created them in the beginning made them male and female,' and He also said:

his father and mother
So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, man must not separate.'”

And now quoting from CARM

"Jesus supported the teachings of Moses (John 5:46-47) in which a clear condemnation of homosexuality is taught in such verses as Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13.

First off I snipped your rambling one-upping game you were trying to play there as I'm not concerned with childish one liner arguments with no substance.

Your passage from Matthew is reaching at best. There isn't an official definition of what constitutes a marriage. It is describing a process for what happens when two people get married. You are just trying to get hung up on pronouns indirectly defining marriage. In any case, if you want to reach like you are doing with that passage, then a man moving out from his parent's house before marriage is also against the rules. You know since it says that at the point of marriage is when a man moves away from his parents. I guess all those single men living alone in the world are all sinners.

John 5:46-47

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

I'm not sure where you are getting that Jesus is telling people to follow Moses' laws here. That is clearly saying that if you don't trust Moses accounts about dealing with god, how can you trust Jesus' accounts? It isn't saying to obey Moses' laws. Again, like I previously pointed out, the ONLY laws that Jesus specifically tells his followers to obey are the ten commandments.

PS: I find it funny how you failed to quote the John passage while talking about what it says. Not surprisingly, you are drastically altering the meaning of the passage.
edit on 17-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I like how people interpret jesus message as a [snip] loving fella.

Sure, love each other, but you do realize that the jewish law was the law, not just country but a moral and ethical law. Yet! At the same time I'm sure he would tolerate gays enough to let them happy

But i guess you cant understand a conservative-liberal
edit on Mon Apr 18 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: *** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

(post by Jordan River removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

his father and mother

So, going by this one piece, and seeing as how you Christians want to specifically conform absolutely to the statements made in the Bible, when are you having that surgery to become physically attached to your partner?

Come on now, if you want to take these things as they are written, it clearly states that you should be physically combined with your partner of the opposite sex, presumably this would be achieved surgically, yes?

Do you agree?

If you want to take all the words as being accurate, without "interpretation" of any kind, you need to go and book that surgery right now and become "one flesh".

But wait, you'll come back and say "that's not what it means!"
Well, that's what it says, and you're clearly a stickler for going by what it actually says, without deviation and without translation, without considering how these passages were WRITTEN BY MAN, and how they were COLLATED BY MAN.

Let the absurdity continue.

edit on 17-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Wow i think i caught autism

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

Do you actually believe Christians hate gay people?

People sometimes hate other people. That's just reality.

People who call themselves "Christians" doesn't automatically change that reality. Christians are still just people.

Not all Christians hate gay people. Some Christians even are gay themselves so obviously not all Christians hate gay people. Do some??? Clearly.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
sorry, but I just have to ask...

what does the bible, jesus, or the christian views have to do with the laws that are written by our gov't? our gov't isn't there to enforce your biblical laws onto us, that's not how christianity works. nope, you work within the church and change the hearts of people, and well, then, if enough of the people buy what you are selling, the laws might be changed, maybe.
as it is the supreme law of the land, the constitution, says that we have equal treatment when it comes to the laws, which should prohibit the gov't from passing laws that encourage discrimination or condone it.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The laws that changed about marriage doesnt bug me too much. What the laws are doing is giving the gay community to sue the hell our of the church if they get denied and could be consider a hate crime if the media wants to imply a story like that

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

The laws are ensuring Equal Protection for everyone in the public arena. Religion is still exempt from many laws including those of civil rights laws.

Also, when you say "the church" that is a bit misleading. All Churches are not united in the same ideology, even when of the same Religion. Not all churches choose to exclude gays.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

they churches has always been (and have) able to refuse anyone a marriage. they don't even have to recognize a marriage, they can harp on your all they want about how you are living in sin by living with your first wife, until you leave.

show me once where they've been sued yet!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
conservativebyte.com...

That's not in the US. It's in the UK.

It's also a dailymail article.

Get better sources.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah sure keep backpeddling

m.huffpost.com...

edit on 17-4-2016 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah sure keep backpeddling

m.huffpost.com...

You're the one moving the goal posts. The UK has a state religion, The Church of England, and has no separation of church and state.

Is that what you want for the USA? You want the "American Church of Christianity" to dictate what churches can and cannot do?

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join