It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback to the Stephenville Lights! - January 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Me thinks you are derailing your own thread, of course Jessup has the best answer. Lets see if I can get this one to work.

edit on 30-3-2016 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I am not sure what to make of this case. The 'skeptics' explanations are weak and it feels like the military were up to something. Although why they were doing it over Stephenville I don't know. I was hoping maybe someone who was in the area might remember something & pipe up.

But not too many people seem to be bothered about this case looking at the few responses to the thread.

So I might have to leave it there for now.

I think it has a shot at being something extraordinary, and like Levelland(and others like Belgium) it is comes down to a military or alien explanation for me. The early date of Levelland leans me towards the ET side. The late date in this one makes me think it is probably military.

Give Steve Allen all the credit in the world, he really went after it. Like most UFO stories, nothing to give the story the news legs it needed to stay relevant and the military can just wait for it to go away.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

"You need me on that wall". Although I'm only sitting on the fence here.

Yes it sounds like Stephenville could be some kind of secret craft being tested.

Levelland is a very interesting case (thanks for the links in the other thread). It occurred around the time Sputnik was launched. There were some strange EM like effects and the Air Force conclusions of ball lightning (something that hadn't been proven to exist back then) was pathetic. That's all for another time I guess.

Anyway thanks for giving me a laugh!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Low quality video, but includes most the major players if you want to hear them give accounts with an attempt by the show to recreate what they saw. You would like to assume the witnesses saw the re-enactment and agreed with it, the UFO hunters would often show this kind of info on their shows, something often left off of others like this one. Not sure why I cant get the youtube link to work, so here is the standard link

That video pretty much covers the whole story as it was reported. Interesting that the US military said there were no unidentified aircraft in the area that night. So that implies they knew what it was!

edit on 3/4/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The flashing lights didn't interest me too much but I was interested in the reports of a large object (as opposed to lots of little ones).
I had to laugh when I saw a TV recreation. Typical cop, speed gun! Good thinking, though, getting a reading.

I was particularly interested in the cone shaped indentations in a smooth underside.

That suggests to me a large inflatable with some kind of internal structure. The "cones" are where the fabric skin are attached to the inside structure and the rest inflates around that pinched point. Like a belly button. I could be totally wrong but that's what struck me about that description. Don't know what others might think?

I was going to watch the UFO Hunters episode again but cant find it at the moment. I'm not sure that particular episode will be helpful anyway...although I can't sleep and its getting late. Hohoho.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join