It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA photographed detainees naked before sending them to be tortured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The title is all inclusive. IF this turns out to be accurate information, which I am confident it is, might the U.S. be in a pinch, documents are on the link for your viewing pleasure.

The article mentions the post 911 treatment of the prisoners, and the rights and lack thereof. There were many infringements according to the article.

This will be an interesting one to follow, going back to the good ole boy days of Bush, Clinton. Is the investigation j u s t now beginning? here is another link describing more detail while they were naked, bound and some bruised, just before they were to be shipped off to some of the world’s worst dictators at the time-

Which included Assad, Mubarak and Gaddafi – for torture. The photos were described by a former US official as “very gruesome”.

Human rights groups over the years have identified at least 50 people the CIA rendered, going back to Bill Clinton’s presidency.

It is also unclear how many of those rendition targets the CIA photographed naked.

Classified pictures showing CIA captives bruised, blindfolded and bound raise new questions about US’s willingness to use ‘sexual humiliation’ on suspects
Trevor Timm: the CIA naked photos scandal is a wake-up call

Stripping the victims of clothing was considered necessary to document their physical condition while in CIA custody, distinguishing them at that point from what they would subsequently experience in foreign custody – despite the public diplomatic assurances against torture that the US demonstrably collected from countries with a record of torturing detainees.

International human rights law, to include the Geneva conventions, forbids photographing prisoners except in extremely limited circumstances related to their detention, to include anything that might compromise their dignity.

“Photographing or videotaping detainees in US custody unrelated to the processing of prisoners or the management of detention facilities can constitute a violation of the laws of war, including the Geneva conventions, in some cases,” said Nathaniel Raymond, a researcher at the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative and an expert on detainee abuse.

“Any evidence that the CIA or any other US government agency intentionally photographed naked detainees should be investigated by law enforcement as a potential violation of domestic and international law.

C.I.A. photographed detainees naked before sending them to be tortured
edit on 28-3-2016 by ReadLeader because: Link

edit on 28-3-2016 by ReadLeader because: Sp

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Prisoners being stripped and photographed is about the least of worries, imo. Far worse has taken place.
It is not the guilty that I care about. It are the innocents who were (and more than likely still are) rounded up so people could make a quick buck and/or those who were "caught up" without actually doing anything.

There will, however, be no more outcry than there currently is/was. Truth is, there will be even less ever single time some group like Daesh (and their affiliates) bomb innocent people. No one cares. F**k the filthy bast**ds that do such things. I am not pro torture, but I still cannot find room in my head/heart to give one single f about such ilk. That's just the truth.

However, it goes far beyond torturing or offing that ilk....and that is the sickening part.

Often when one stares into the darkness, one becomes that darkness....in due time.
Facts of life....it is what it is.

....it will stop, no time soon.

ETA:

Human rights groups over the years have identified at least 50 people the CIA rendered, going back to Bill Clinton’s presidency. It is also unclear how many of those rendition targets the CIA photographed naked.

What is this....damage control? 50 people? Only 50 people were supposedly rendered, going all the way back to Clinton?
Frankly, it's laughable if anyone believes that.

(Don't bother to ask for links....you won't find such information)

...I would imagine photographing them without clothing was for the purpose of documenting condition, so they later could not cry "torture"....not that they weren't necessarily tortured, but there are other ways to go about it. I've read some pretty horrible sh*t in regards to what has been done to some people, especially "rendition targets"...I won't include it here (thought about it, then thought otherwise)....I cringe at the thoughts.

edit on 28-3-2016 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Which included Assad, Mubarak and Gaddafi – for torture. The photos were described by a former US official as “very gruesome”

I will tell you what a gruesome form of torture is...slowly sawing off someone's head like what ISIS terrorists do. That is torture. Stripping someone naked and maybe kickin them in their jewels is not real torture..just bullying.

edit on 28-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Oh my God! The terrorists had to show their ding dongs. The horror!

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

August, he he he he

Always there to unexpectedly contribute to my threads

Thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

ISIS had nothing to do with 9-11 murder but I agree their forms of torture are gruesome. The best traing Obama's money and detachment from reality could buy!

Obama made ISIS vicariously thru our tax money.

USA Corp. has funded and trained, weaponized many dissident groups into terrorist groups.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Always there to unexpectedly contribute to my threads

Well, you do make a significant number of threads so the odds are that I will post in some of them.

I guess I am just not outraged enough to care about some scumbags having to get photographed in their terrorist birthday suits. They are lucky Marcellus Wallace did not go to work on them with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Obama made ISIS vicariously thru our tax money. USA Corp. has funded and trained, weaponized many dissident groups into terrorist groups.

What money$$$??????$$$$?????

/sarc

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The solution is simple.
Scoop up the ISIS members and drop them 100 miles off shore.
Let the fish sort them out.
No need for trial or detention fees.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
stripping a captive of their clothes is a fast, easy de-humanizing method. while not physically brutal, it is nonetheless an effective psychological tactic.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
And we care about them because?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yeah let's just ignore some of them turned out to be totally innocent.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

ISIS had nothing to do with 9-11 murder...

So you are saying that ISIS...a Muslim extremist group is not related to 9/11? I beg to differ brother...

Culture & Religion of Saudi Arabia
traveltips.usatoday.com...

Shia and Sunni Islam

The ruling House of Saud is a Sunni Muslim family, and Sunni Islam is the state religion of Islam. Sunnis comprise the vast majority of Muslims in Saudi Arabia, while Shiite Muslims make up a minority.

Practices in contradiction of Sunni beliefs--such as the celebration of the Prophet Mohammed’s birthday--are heavily discouraged. Shiite Muslims have been targeted by the Religious Police, at times barred from taking part in the Hajj, or religious pilgrimage.

Muslim extremists may also come from SA which may also have ties with ISIS.
edit on 28-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Its a dark world for sure. Not fit for the world at large.

Like jakal said, I am more worried about the innocents whose life and hell is worth a couple grand and a taxi ride.

new topics

top topics

join