It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Easter Egg Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
I love Easter Eggs - well, I used to.

The ones I've seen for sale over the last couple of years are hideously packaged and unimaginative.

Getting an Easter Egg in a big, silly mug used to be a joy. The mugs these days just seem to advertise the product and they're smaller.

I've even wondered if it's something to do with regulations that stipulate food manufacturers shouldn't advertise to children. That, apparently, is why we don't get little plastic toys with cereal any more.

Load of killjoys. I don't care what they call the product, try making it attractive again.

btw in Haman10's thread about the Iranian New Year Festival, Nowruz, which is celebrated on the first day of Spring he mentions that painted eggs are part of the traditions.

I hate those stupid mugs that you get with Easter eggs, they mess up the cupboard with their randomness of shape and colour.

The only way I would be happy with them is if Someone bought me 6 identical ones so they would at least be a set.

MSM is just making thing as up to sell papers and create a false sense of outrage and as others have said the only reason big companies would remove the word would be to appeal to a greater customer base and increase sales.

More silliness.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The mugs were OK when you could get the same shape and size - I liked to add one or two more every year.

They looked good with my Star Wars and Pocahontas mugs. The best one I've got now is bright red and declares that I'm a Gleek.

I did get a set of football themed mugs for the last World Cup - they had a little gadget on the bottom that played a football song. That didn't last long. The gadgets came off in the wash

I'm very easy to amuse, which is a good thing. I'm a right pain in the proverbial when I'm bored.

Anyway - no eggs for me this year but I don't begrudge the rest of you. Bon appetit

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Well, it appears 'they' may be taking another route to keep you from indulging on those little round eggs of chocolate goodness!
Tech Times

The San Francisco-based consumer group As You Sow tested approximately 50 different types of chocolate, finding that 35 tested positive for unsafe levels of either lead, cadmium or both, based on strict California state standards.

For those of you not interested/comfortable with clicking on links:

"Lead exposure is associated with neurological impairment, such as learning disabilities and decreased IQ, even at very low levels. In fact, there is no safe level of lead for children," As You Sow's Eleanne van Vliet said in a press statement. Consuming low levels of cadmium can cause damage to the liver and kidneys, as well as cause bone damage over time. Children are at a higher risk. Animal studies have also found that cadmium caused harm to the male reproductive system and neurobehavioral problems.

Featured brands on "the list" included:
Hershey's
Cadbury
Lindt
Godiva
Mars
Trader Joe's
Whole Foods

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I can't help but point & laugh at the fools who screech over a Pagan name being removed from their Christian holiday candy. Someone should just start marketing Resurrection Day candy & call it even.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I agree with you. The company's are trying to make more profit. Easter is not in the Bible.

I always wanted to know what The Easter Bunnny has to do with chicken eggs!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I agree. Keep the random mugs out. I have antique blue willow and heritage blue rose patterns combined in an open cupboard (and I'm not even English. Well ancestors were but I'm a yank). I just love the blue and white patterns.

Off topic I know.
Easter eggs. Hide them the morning of or the night before?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Right like this mug.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I always wanted to know what The Easter Bunnny has to do with chicken eggs!

Therein lies a (bob) tale

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

So the Easter bunny does have a tail...

*its tale...it's a tale...got it...lol

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.thatsnonsense.com...

What’s true: The story did appear in the Daily Star on March 23rd with that headline. What’s false: That Easter eggs do not have the word Easter on them. From all the packaging we examined, the word Easter was displayed at least once, in a similar vein to how Easter packaging has been for a number of years now.

Bloody banned Christmas now they banned Easter

I went for a Lindt chocolate bunny. Treated myself although won't last long time in this house. Thought I'd push the boat out seeing as it's the last ever Easter

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Right like this mug.

There is something both captivating and disturbing about that mug.

I don't think I like it.

Could anyone? Which leaves, why?

I suspect that the removal of Easter is less about causing offence and more about tapping into a new market by including those who perhaps felt they weren't able to enjoy chocolate eggs because of a pagan/Christian labelling issue. The Christian suppliers make something called "Real Easter Eggs". I don't know what makes them any more real that the others, but I do know that they use crap chocolate and taste foul.

The important thing is that Cadbury's Creme eggs are three for a pound at the minute and I am on a get fat quick kick.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Actually, Easter was stolen from the pre-Christian pagan world. There was a Mesopotamian East Semitic goddess named Ishtar, pronounced "easter" who was the goddess of love, sex, war and fertility. Her legend included a story of death and resurrection. Her symbols included chicks and bunnies. Sound familiar? The myth was incorporated into Christianity by the 5th century AD.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

LOL your funny and I am still laughing. I agree the mug looks evil. Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

Right like this mug.

I don't think I like it.

Could anyone? Which leaves, why?

I suspect that the removal of Easter is less about causing offence and more about tapping into a new market by including those who perhaps felt they weren't able to enjoy chocolate eggs because of a pagan/Christian labelling issue. The Christian suppliers make something called "Real Easter Eggs". I don't know what makes them any more real that the others, but I do know that they use crap chocolate and taste foul.

The important thing is that Cadbury's Creme eggs are three for a pound at the minute and I am on a get fat quick kick.

How do you eat yours?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I actually never really noticed whether or not the word Easter was on any of those items. I also don't think it matters if the word appears or not.

To put it another way, every Christmas day (night) I cook prime rib on the bbq for dinner. I have yet to see slabs of beef with the words "Christmas Prime Rib."

Regardless of what is on the packaging, people that celebrate the secular side of Easter know what a chocolate "Easter" egg is or a chocolate "Easter" bunny, etc.

Prime Rib is a natural item. Chocolate eggs are not.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
dp
edit on 26-3-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
As some other folks have said, Easter is about as Christian as Mohammed.
And frankly it's hardly a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Guess what I will be buying you come reduce to clear Easter Egg Monday?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't like this sort of removing phrases as it might offend people stuff. Everyone should respect everyone's events calendar.

Maybe if they taught Paganism as part of religious studies there would be more understanding of our heritage and understand the subversion of the pagan into Christian.

A bit of context is all the should be needed.

*smacks head against brick wall*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join