It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is really getting ridiculous: Special Snowflake Syndrome

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+125 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I like to mock these people, that's no secret on ATS or in my daily life. I have always found these special snowflakes to be about as hilariously pathetic a group of people as I've ever run across. That said, it's getting out of hand and I'm seriously beginning to doubt America's future, hell the future of humanity if this isn't just an America-centric phenomenon.

emorywheel.com...

Students protested yesterday at the Emory Administration Building following a series of overnight, apparent pro-Donald Trump for president chalkings throughout campus.

Roughly 40 students gathered shortly after 4:30 p.m. in the outdoors space between the Administration Building and Goodrich C. White Hall; many students carried signs featuring slogans such as “Stop Trump” or “Stop Hate” and an antiphonal chant addressed to University administration, led by College sophomore Jonathan Peraza, resounded “You are not listening! Come speak to us, we are in pain!”

“I’m supposed to feel comfortable and safe [here],” one student said. “But this man is being supported by students on our campus and our administration shows that they, by their silence, support it as well … I don’t deserve to feel afraid at my school,” she added.

“Why did the swastikas [on the AEPi house in Fall 2014] receive a quick response while these chalkings did not?”

Holy crap does the jackass who asked this question ever deserve a sack filled with 10 lbs of perspective dropped on their head!

Our future is bleak if any of these thin skinned wastes of space ever advance themselves to any positions of authority. In the meantime, why in the blue hell are university officials placating and coddling them!?!? Remember when the world had balls and letting them hang proudly was considered a positive attribute? "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me" ring any bells? Does anybody remember the good old days (less than a decade ago in most of the sane world) when simply seeing a couple of words you personally disagreed with wasn't an excuse to act like a total sissified baby?

Trump 2016, for the sake of the children.

and yeah, I posted that with every hope that someone, somewhere read it and ended up under their desk, quivering in fear and pain.

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Stoners probably, they have a conscience until they Graduate and enter the system.

Then they become Republicans.

+38 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I like to mock these people, that's no secret on ATS or in my daily life. I have always found these special snowflakes to be about as hilariously pathetic a group of people as I've ever run across. That said, it's getting out of hand and I'm seriously beginning to doubt America's future, hell the future of humanity if this isn't just an America-centric phenomenon.

emorywheel.com...

Students protested yesterday at the Emory Administration Building following a series of overnight, apparent pro-Donald Trump for president chalkings throughout campus.

Roughly 40 students gathered shortly after 4:30 p.m. in the outdoors space between the Administration Building and Goodrich C. White Hall; many students carried signs featuring slogans such as “Stop Trump” or “Stop Hate” and an antiphonal chant addressed to University administration, led by College sophomore Jonathan Peraza, resounded “You are not listening! Come speak to us, we are in pain!”

“I’m supposed to feel comfortable and safe [here],” one student said. “But this man is being supported by students on our campus and our administration shows that they, by their silence, support it as well … I don’t deserve to feel afraid at my school,” she added.

“Why did the swastikas [on the AEPi house in Fall 2014] receive a quick response while these chalkings did not?”

Holy crap does the jackass who asked this question ever deserve a sack filled with 10 lbs of perspective dropped on their head!

Our future is bleak if any of these thin skinned wastes of space ever advance themselves to any positions of authority. In the meantime, why in the blue hell are university officials placating and coddling them!?!? Remember when the world had balls and letting them hang proudly was considered a positive attribute? "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me" ring any bells? Does anybody remember the good old days (less than a decade ago in most of the sane world) when simply seeing a couple of words you personally disagreed with wasn't an excuse to act like a total sissified baby?

Trump 2016, for the sake of the children.

and yeah, I posted that with every hope that someone, somewhere read it and ended up under their desk, quivering in fear and pain.

In pain? Unsafe? Over chalked political slogans? Maybe student health insurance will pay for testicular and spinal transplants.

+56 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I am honestly surprised that they didn't pull the "hate crime" card as well.

Universities no longer educate. They indoctrinate.

How many students across this country are forbidden by their schools to talk openly about the U.S. Constitution, with the exception of tiny "freedom of speech" areas provided?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Whilst I think Trump is a vile racist piece of #, playing a tune that only morons think is worth listening to, I agree with you about this pathetic snowflake syndrome. I'd love to see these safe space and social justice warriors in a survival scenario. Also, the idea that someone on their campus shouldn't or can't support Trump is a weird inverted fascist ideology a lot these kids have. It's like "agree with everything we think or else!" kind of the same bull# Trump is spouting.

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

kids now a day are weak. it's from the lack from playing outside.

+43 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will take until having a college degree will actually look bad on your resume.

I mean, if I was a prospective employer, I would think twice about hiring anyone under 30 who's been indoctrinated at these "institutions".

I know that's discrimination, and I don't really care. I don't want idiots (and soft ones at that) working for me. A college degree is increasingly becoming a badge of selfishness and stupidity.

+70 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

In most cases I don't mind outrage by a small group of people, they can say whatever they want. What is upsetting is that these occurrences have become the primary fodder for online news sites, especially the less respectable sites. When these things are plastered anywhere I am reading about current events, it becomes very upsetting because I feel like I can't avoid them.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

Please note, that's the entire reason I took this straight from Emory's own newspaper website. This article was almost certainly given a once over by Emory's news approval team with an eye towards reducing the mockery levels.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I mean, if I was a prospective employer, I would think twice about hiring anyone under 30 who's been indoctrinated at these "institutions".

It's been that way for at least a dozen years. Every selecting official I know considers it.

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
People who don't agree with everything I think, do, and say are causing me pain!
Can't the government fix it? Can't the university fix it?

I'm so weary...I can barely summon the strength to sigh.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Trump is by far the most polarizing presidential candidate I have ever witnessed in my 27 years of existence.

Does no one else find it odd that over the past couple of years with the whole ISIS, BLM, PC/non-PC movements spurred on by the media, that a candidate like Trump would come front and center at the perfect time to highlight these differences the media has been blasting and promoting over the airwaves?

This is the most obvious "psy ops" I have ever seen. People are so goddamn gullible it's sad. They're using our differences against us and they have their trump card in Trump to seal the deal.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6 I'm not understanding what exactly these protesters are afraid of.... the silence of pro trump students... what are pro- Trump chalkings? Some drawings?
Theres gotta be better things to protest and there are definitely scarier things in the world.

+43 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I have always found these special snowflakes to be about as hilariously pathetic a group of people as I've ever run across. That said, it's getting out of hand and I'm seriously beginning to doubt America's future

Seriously ?!

That's what you think is flushing your country down the toilet ?!

Not the:

- too big to fail banksters ?
- corporate-bought self-interest politicians ?
- budget deficits ?
- failing public education system ?
- jobs shipping overseas ?
- government overspending ?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I absolutely understand. I wasn't implying that you were distributing that sort of drivel. I am bothered by the fact that Emory's own site thinks this is worth printing in a honest manner.

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Welcome to America, where feelings Trump facts and everyone gets a safe space when they can't handle alternative opinions.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

I have always found these special snowflakes to be about as hilariously pathetic a group of people as I've ever run across. That said, it's getting out of hand and I'm seriously beginning to doubt America's future

Seriously ?!

That's what you think is flushing your country down the toilet ?!

Not the:

- too big to fail banksters ?
- corporate-bought self-interest politicians ?
- budget deficits ?
- failing public education system ?
- jobs shipping overseas ?
- government overspending ?

Some of these people will be the future leaders of this country...Maybe.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Wow big guy, you're real nice.
Hopefully dinosaurs like you become extinct soon. your whole post was full of macho crap that continues to be part of the problem.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: burdman30ott6 I'm not understanding what exactly these protesters are afraid of.... the silence of pro trump students... what are pro- Trump chalkings? Some drawings?
Theres gotta be better things to protest and there are definitely scarier things in the world.

It was the hideous chalkings "Trump 2016" and "Trump 2016 - Embrace the Inevitable".

Such evil cannot be allowed to persist! Only appropriate candidates may be mentioned. Or the school will have to use force to quell the misconduct.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join