It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single in your 30's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

My pleasure. πŸ˜†πŸ‘

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I got into a relationship about a year ago. It didn't last long due to her not being able to deal with my numerous operations and treatments last year. Fair enough. I'm hardly a catch these days, but I was getting bored of being in a relationship anyway so wasn't too bothered and I tried to call it off, but she enjoyed my company and wanted to stay friends. I wasn't really looking for another friend in my life. So now I'm back to looking for a little more than a friend. I don't get out much, I can count the amount of times I've been out in the last 2 years on one hand. My only contact with women has been when I've been in hospital, so my last two relationships have been with nurses. I can't be bothered anymore I don't mind being single. I like my own space and I'm not good at sharing the tv remote. I'm happy enough. I'm sure something will come along, but you can't force these things. What will be will be, but the more you look for it the more evasive it becomes

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: eletheia

OK did you see this transpire? Like you were there.... lol..πŸ˜‚
You're not wrong.

Surprised you didn't recognise my signature!!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I'm 31 and perpetually single. It sucks.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I know at least two couples that are good friends with us, and both met via online dating. Based on that, I'd say that it often can work. They've both been married for years now.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thanks you everyone for contributing to my dating thread. Great stories. Great advice.

I always thought that if you are looking for it then its not going to happen, hence online dating will never work then.

Also, im completely ok being single, with that said, I don't go out anymore. I only go to my fave local Mexican restaurant once a week, that's all. Maybe I will meet someone there or date a server, I dunno. Maybe the plumber or AC guy will be interesting. I have a guy coming over to blow my leaves tonight. I tried to flirt with the cable guy when I first moved in but I don't think he was into me, or maybe I really didn't try hard enough.

I also live in a college town so most guys are of college age or just too young for me. My single friend and I have come to the conclusion that we just need to wait for a great guy to get divorced and back on the market to have a chance. Horrible I know.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Take aways from your post:

On the one hand, you say that you are OK being single. This statement on its own, is affirmative, decisive, and solid.

You then go on, nearly immediately afterward, to detail several male connections you could concievably make in the near term. This leads one to suspect, that the first statement was either in error, or at least not as strongly felt as it would seem.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Are there more than just a few single 30somethings on here?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Being single in your 30's is the best.
I was always in long term relationships. but at 28 i decided the hell with it, I'm doing it solo.
been this way for years now.

I meet girls, go on dates, have some fun.. but let them know I'm not looking for serious.

All my mates whom are married envy my life. I have a nice house, car, good job and can do what i want, when i want.
go out when i like, take home whom i want.

If you want to meet a girl, join a mixed sports team (basketball, soccer) or meetup.com and join a hiking group.
Lots of single girls who are active and outgoing looking for someone similar.

Online dating sucks, i wouldn't be able to shake the feeling that your with that person purely because your lonely and not because of a spark.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm ok being single...yes, however it would be nice to have a companion, try not to read too into things, I have been single for over 5 yrs.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Try not to read too into things?

Human beings, in the main, tend to only explicitly say about a tenth of what they are getting at! You must forgive me for trying to fill the void left by the absence of body language in this forum!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah, I should have prefaced by saying I have been single for over 5 years...clearly, I don't mind being single, however the option of a companion sounds nice but not so much to where I am actively going out to seek one.
edit on 17-3-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hey I'm 39 and looking for a woman to hang.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Single 38 yo looking for liberal, non-Christian mate. Must be smart, kind and fit. Must enjoy watching the office or broken lizard movies (must have a sense of humor). Large nose preferred, good work ethic, probably a past server or bartender at a busy joint. (but preferably not a server or bartender now)

Good work ethic, but does not have to be rich but self-sustained. Good-excellent credit range. Must have open mind and live in the moment.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Single 38 yo looking for liberal, non-Christian mate. Must be smart, kind and fit. Must enjoy watching the office or broken lizard movies (must have a sense of humor). Large nose preferred, good work ethic, probably a past server or bartender at a busy joint. (but preferably not a server or bartender now)

Good work ethic, but does not have to be rich but self-sustained. Good-excellent credit range. Must have open mind and live in the moment.

Ever seen 'weird science' .... create perfection!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

im not asking for too much am I?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Being "sick" and dating certainly don't go together particularly well. That's a rather polite way of saying that its basically off the table. That said, the universe/world is a helluva wacky place!

Either way, in my experience, there are enough pros and cons for both sides to basically make it a wash. That certainly doesn't help with "grass is greener" syndrome or biological drive though! Personally, I feel like I have more important things to do anyway. I'm quite misanthropic though, so that undoubtedly skews my perspective!

I think the tough part is when it compounds with the other daily issues that are faced. Most of which are so far beyond most individuals experiences that even well-meaning folks can be perceived as insincere (at best).

Veracity, you may not necessarily be asking for "too much," but you might be asking the "wrong" questions. Brain chemistry and pheromones don't necessarily have anything to do with interests or ideology. Or credit rating..

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

im not asking for too much am I?

Am just pulling your leg!

But what I would say is, meeting someone organically and working from there is in my opinion a much better way than writing a 'wants' list, or seeking people out. Each to their own though, that's just an opinion!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

meeting someone organically and working from there is in my opinion a much better way than writing a 'wants' list,

In other words, online dating is the GMO of dating?
you could start a whole dating thing based on "GMO free dating"!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I will be 30 in a few months. I think I have cone to an understanding that I will die alone.

I already had my chance and with an ex-wife and four kids (my oldest turns 11 on the 20th) I feel like, for my age range, that's just a little too much baggage for your average 30 year old woman. Being obsessed with Dungeons & Dragons and anime isn't exactly helping my case but I am what I am and that's all that I am, to paraphrase that immortal Sailor Man.

<< 1    3 >>

join