It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privately Educated People Are Responsible For Most Of The UK's Problems

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Although just 7% of the population attend independent fee-paying schools, the survey reveals that almost three quarters (71%) of top military officers were educated privately, with 12% having been taught in comprehensive schools.

We know who to blame for the illegal wars.

In the field of law, 74% of top judges working in the high court and appeals court were privately educated, while in journalism, more than half (51%) of leading print journalists went to independent schools, with one in five having attended comprehensive schools, which currently educate 88% of the population.

We know who to blame for the crooked legal system and the horrendous lies told by the mainstream media.

Most state schools have to follow the national curriculum. Brainwashing for the workers.

Private schools don't have to follow the national curriculum. This is a major difference. Privately educated pupils can be given a more accurate overview enabling them to feel superior. Unfortunately this feeling of superiority isn't automatically accompanied by common sense. Frequently privately educated people insist their impractical ideas have an inflated value. This leads to various types of harm and chaos.

Arguably the most important difference between state and privately educated pupils is the attitude they acquire.

Privately educated pupils more often feel failure is the result of insufficient work, if they try harder they will succeed.

State educated pupils are more likely to consider failure being the result of not being capable.

These attitudes acquired at school are generalisations discovered through study. (No link. I read it years ago.) Obviously many variations occur.

My experience of privately educated people in the UK is they are usually arrogant to some extent. They have great difficulty listening to experience and will frequently make stupid and avoidable mistakes. Often they will indulge in various forms of crime and fraud without guilt or feelings of responsibility.

These people dominate the UK's leading professions. They are not the best candidates.

The education system sets the form of the social structure. It's a designed and controlled system.

Organised sexual abuse of private school pupils is commonplace. Particularly in some of the better known boarding schools. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know the school nurse I know. Her story is appalling. After taking her concerns to the school governors her life was made hell for the remaining six months of her contract. They're all in on it one way or another. Either actively involved or choosing to ignore it. This is part of a very sinister control system. The control system is needed to organise the criminal wars, financial frauds etc.

My question for ATS is this.

How do we ensure all revenge attacks for recent war crimes are directed towards the predominantly privately educated people responsible?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
With all those facts , I would ask any chance it has nothing to with the blame ? Perhaps being educated in private schools is what enabled that type of majority to be exactly where they are today ? I guess you could use the same percentages to show most of the elected politicians went through some form of higher education first. Most of those numbers , by logic, would be normal.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Maybe private school offers a better education than the public schools, leading to a higher likelihood that one will achieve positions of power.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I don't think it should be a surprise that public and independent schools occupy a higher ratio of top jobs than state schools. If there wasn't an advantage to sending them people wouldn't pay the money. What I think is frightening, as you point out, is the how much of an advantage it seems to confer in certain professions and of course politics.

There is simply no way I can see that the numbers can be supported just on educational achievement and it just screams old boys net work.

It would be probably interesting to see a study of how publicly educated people who did not achieve good grades compare in later life to state educated.

* For clarity using public school/educated in UK sense as this is about the UK.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

Maybe private school offers a better education than the public schools, leading to a higher likelihood that one will achieve positions of power.

As per my post blow yours I think it would be interesting to see a comparison based on similar educational achievements. Not sure if such a thing exists.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Her story is appalling

One rule I do go by in life that has helped me live a long , peaceful life:
Believe nothing you hear , and only 1/2 of what you see.
The "Wizard's First Rule" applies in real life , just as it did in the book. Zed was spot on.
Peace

edit on 24-2-2016 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I don't think you can blame military personnel, officers or other ranks, for our participation in wars.
They go where they are sent.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I have no problem with people who have had a high quality education, unless those individuals use that education to ensure they never have to do a job which requires them to sweat through physical labour. Everyone should work the bottom end for at least two years, before moving up the line. It would get some of those rough edges and entitlement issues sorted out, that's for damned sure.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I don't think you can blame military personnel, officers or other ranks, for our participation in wars.
They go where they are sent.

How does the saying go ?
"Ours is not to question why"
"Ours is but to do or die"

Ex-military
Peace at all cost.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Verse 2

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

"Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare,
Flash'd as they turn'd in air,
Sabring the gunners there,
Charging an army, while
All the world wonder'd:
Plunged in the battery-smoke
Right thro' the line they broke;
Cossack and Russian
Reel'd from the sabre stroke
Shatter'd and sunder'd.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While horse and hero fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wondered.
Honor the charge they made,
Honor the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred.

edit on 41pWed, 24 Feb 2016 02:22:41 -060020162016-02-24T02:22:41-06:00kAmerica/Chicago29000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There was a time, not so long ago, when ordinary people could educate themselves into good careers through the grammar school system.
Perhaps you should blame the politics which destroyed that system and dumped the children who really wanted to learn among the class-disrupters and the bullies.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That which should be earned, loses all value when bought.
Would you have brain surgery from someone who bought their qualifications?
Would you marry someone who had been payed to love you?

Some things have an intrinsic value. This is nontransferable.
Something which escapes a lot of the types you are referring to.

You can't buy common sense but you can hide the deficit behind a wall of paper.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
My family sent me to Eton College where my father, grandfather and great-grandfather went. We weren't smarter or better and I would even argue the calibre of education is not more advanced than other quality Universities. But Eton men hire Eton men. And so it goes for Oxford, Kings, Cambridge, LSE etc.

"It's not what you know, but who you know", but more importantly..."What school did you go to?"

The reason that so many leaders come from schools like Eton is because of the Class System is alive and well in the UK. The elite send their sons to elite schools and they get hired by other elites...wash, rinse, repeat.

(My parents weren't thrilled I came home to North America after Graduation to work on the ranch and join the military.)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Agreed, still got grammar schools in the South West, best thing that happened to my son having it on his CV.
Depth of subject knowledge is also far superior to the kids who took modular based GCSE's at the local comprehensive.

Grammar educated kids also know how to speak and present themselves appropriately, just a pity there are only limited places so many kids miss out depending on their 11 plus results.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

If you saw the stress it causes her you'd know.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This I agree with. I'm ashamed for those who think manual labour is demeaning. It's how you learn sense.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Very true,

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

If you saw the stress it causes her you'd know.

Then I would be honor bound to take it higher.Here in the US I would take it up with my district's Congress person. But to blame private schools for all the worlds ills is just looking for a scapegoat.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

It's a common story here that when you take it higher you find you're talking to the enemy.

I know a psychiatrist who, as a young mental health nurse, cared for one of serial killer Fred West's daughters. Several times the girl told the nurse what was happening. Forced prostitution, satanic abuse, murder. Several times the nurse told her superiors. She was told to ignore it. When she brought the matter up for the last time she was told she would be sacked if she mentioned it again. Now we all know the girl was telling the truth. This is how it usually is here in the UK. If there is an investigation the whistleblower is frequently made the victim of the investigation.

The thread title speaks for itself.
edit on 24 2 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

How do we ensure all revenge attacks for recent war crimes are directed towards the predominantly privately educated people responsible?

You don't. People whom attend private schools in some form have connections through colleagues,friends of the family and other relations which give them a step up in the world.
If a commoner were to attend a private school their chances at the choice of profession are raised slightly higher in comparison to someone in a state school. However if you lack business and political connections in this school your still worse off as the commoner in the state sanctioned school.

The war crimes you speak of are committed and authorized by those whom have had connections prior to their private academic lives. Which in most cases got them the position.
edit on 24-2-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: none

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join