It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FrankPoster
I have big doubts about the EU and countries such as Switzerland and Serbia should keep well away. For the UK though, we've been intricately woven into the fabric of the EU for more than 4 decades.

Which is all the more reason for the UK to leave.... 4 decades in my opinion is

4 decades TOO LONG in the clutches of an undemocratic union which is sucking

the life blood out of the UK. Time for CHANGE onward and upward!!

And leaving would be like having open heart surgery performed by Boris the Clown, i.e. very dangerous and almost certain to fail.

? ? Many people have survived open heart surgery and gone on to lead more

energetic and fuller lives then before their surgical intervention.

As for the EU rules for Tata, it's nonsense, as is evidenced in the same sentence above that proves that Germany and others can intervene in industry and even nationlise them if they want to. The UK government chose not to help, they also vetoed the EU from raising tariffs on Chinese steel which is being dumped in the EU and UK.

So the following is wrong??

The EU already produces more steel than it needs. Member states agreed
to allow uneconomical producers to go bust, rather than allow governments
to save them, if they cant survive on their own.
Their governments hands ARE tied.
The loss of 15,000 jobs is simply NOT considered a serious enough disturbance
by the EU to justify a government handout.

FULL ARTICLE www.bbc.co.uk...

Go figure, we have either a highly incompetent government or one working to a different agenda.

A government working for the EU
and not for the people they

representing, and who put them in power.

edit on 6-6-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Pollstation now showing 82% Leave still after over 106,700 votes.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Interesting the date this Bilderberg meeting is scheduled is interesting and I bet the UK EU Brexit is one of the agenda items

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Its interesting to see the various poll results over the last few months but they have all been conducted with a very small sample eg. 1000 or 2000 which in my view cannot properly represent how the referendum will go.

ig.ft.com...

Pollstation has a sample of 108,000 and shows 82% Leave. I feel that this will be significant come 23rd June.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just listened to Farage on the Dodgy Dave vs Farage EU Referendum program on ITV 9pm. He put over a good case for Leave and responded well to questions and was received pretty well by the audience. Dodgy Dave next. Now for the waffle about the economy. Shame Farage did not mention Norway.

Will add to this post following a lesson in master waffling.........................................

Dodgy Dave not being received too well. Applause for him little and more for the difficult questioners.

Farage won this one easy - Too much same old no answer questions waffling from DD.

Leave is the way we are heading
edit on 7-6-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
According to Vote Leave:

We know that European Union citizens who have no legal right to vote have been given the right to vote and have already voted. This is illegal but the Electoral Commission and the Government are doing nothing about it.

If true then this is incredible and needs to be on the News

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The one word the PM keeps avoiding

www.msn.com...

Listen on for the Grove bit also

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here's David Cameron saying we will be OK outside of the EU...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
Here's David Cameron saying we will be OK outside of the EU...
That says it all and proves that their wild speculation on the impacts on the economy is just what it is pure scaremongering and an insult to the British voter.
They showed 3 or 4 poll results on Sky this morning and they were as follows:

55-37 IN
41-43 OUT
43-48 OUT

This tells me 3 things
1. The polls cannot be trusted
2. The samples are too small
3. The OUT vote will be larger on 23 June

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Lady Tory MP and ex GP defects to Remain.......traitor, plant or on the promise of a job?

Can or should she be trusted? Should she be treated with contempt?

This just 2 weeks before the referendum smacks of it being planned all along or this MP has been got at!

So for 3 months she is OUT then 2 weeks to go she is IN. This action cannot be trusted by anyone. This MP has little integrity.

And for someone who should know better about the poor situation with the NHS and its need for more money its a disgrace.

She care more about her own neck and career than the NHS and the importance of the NHS to ordinary UK folk.

I hope the Leave team will tackle this head on.

www.msn.com... gel-farages-britain/ar-AAgOfXi?li=BBoPWjQ

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Lady Tory MP and ex GP defects to Remain.......traitor, plant or on the promise of a job?

Indecisive? Trains to be a doctor and becomes an MP? Hope i never have

to be diagnosed by her for something serious!!

This just 2 weeks before the referendum smacks of it being planned all along or this MP has been got at!
So for 3 months she is OUT then 2 weeks to go she is IN. This action cannot be trusted by anyone. This MP has little integrity.

Integrity!!??

There will be a LOT more of that in the bag waiting to come out

in the next two weeks .... to terrify those who are weak enough to be terrified.

And for someone who should know better about the poor situation with the NHS and its need for more money its a disgrace.

Nobody has said that ALL the money saved by no longer having to

pay into the EU coffers will benefit only the NHS.... but there is a huge amount

to divvy up between ALL our UK needs.
Which can only be a PLUS

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Indecisive? Trains to be a doctor and becomes an MP? Hope i never have

to be diagnosed by her for something serious!!

Integrity!!??

There will be a LOT more of that in the bag waiting to come out

in the next two weeks .... to terrify those who are weak enough to be terrified.

Nobody has said that ALL the money saved by no longer having to

pay into the EU coffers will benefit only the NHS.... but there is a huge amount

to divvy up between ALL our UK needs.
Which can only be a PLUS
True! But her excuse is referring to it all. BS. No one in the Leave team has stated that it would all be used for the NHS, the figure referred to was 100m a week which seems fair and appropriate if sharing around is the idea. The others would be social housing and education and what about a bit to collect up all those immigrants who are either illegal or should ship home for whatever reason.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Immigration remains one of the key issues for Brexit and today we have anther example of a long standing tradition being binned because of security risks.
The European Championship football event, held every four years, is in France this year. Because of security concerns all outdoor screenings of matches have been banned. That means no games in fan zones, no games outside bars etc... Millions of people in France stopped from enjoying what is always a huge event when a country hosts such a tournament. Just more western culture consigned to the dustbin.

I wonder if we vote to stay in Europe, which UK traditions will be banned? Perhaps all large gatherings will be banned once we've flooded our country with refugees.

edit on 9/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
just watched tonight's EU debate on ITV and the Leave team won it quite easily and received far more applause! The remain team members often go no applause at all.

I think we are heading for OUT! Don't be fooled by the bookies still showing 1/3 on remain. Half of 1/3 favourite's posted by the bookies lose!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Did you know that the Police force in Scotland known as Police Scotland are the only UK Police force who have to pay VAT.
In the 3 years it has existed it has paid £76M in VAT. Can anyone explain why that is ? I'm putting this here because the rules on VAT we are told are governed by EU. So maybe it's something to do with EU. That amount equates to about £15 for every Scot. If England had to pay the same amount it would be about £1Billion.

Source
edit on b11816116 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
Did you know that the Police force in Scotland known as Police Scotland are the only UK Police force who have to pay VAT.
In the 3 years it has existed it has paid £76M in VAT. Can anyone explain why that is ? I'm putting this here because the rules on VAT we are told are governed by EU. So maybe it's something to do with EU. That amount equates to about £15 for every Scot. If England had to pay the same amount it would be about £1Billion.

Source
Did not know that, but why?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Latest from Pollstation after over 117,470 votes is 81% Leave.

www.pollstation.uk...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

www.pollstation.uk...

Something wrong with that poll, unless all the other pollsters are lying for the govt.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Could a Brexit spark a Swexit and could it be the end of the EU project fail. When a project has run for 40 years and it continues to fail after growing out of control then surely its time to end the farcical experiment that originally was meant to be a common market of 6 countries. No its a non democratic federal elitist sovereignty hijacking joke!

www.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

www.pollstation.uk...

Something wrong with that poll, unless all the other pollsters are lying for the govt.
And believe me they are. The pollstation numbers reflect my experience and many others that 4 out of 5 are voting OUT. I think a lady chat/debate host on sky news (cant remember her name) said she thought that the remain vote would be 10 to 15%. And I dont trust the bookies who have remain at 2/7 or 1/4 on. Half of the favourites set at this price by the bookies lose! Sovereignty, Control, Immigration Impacts are the big issues for most. The remain camp cant win that argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join