It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name is Focus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well, after a loooong plane ride and then a 3-hour car ride, our puppy is here and settling into the routine. He's doing everything right and hasn't had one accident in the house. He's learning to fetch and come to his name after only 1/2 day. So, here are some pictures I managed to snap. It's not easy with a moving target!

He looks a lot like Jaia at this age...

I'm IN LOVE with these eyes!

Making friends... "Wanna play"?

Awww...

A boy and his pinecone... He carries them around and chases them.

Learning about desert plants...

edit on 2/20/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Great pics, looking forward to watching Focus (Do-Do-Ronomy) grow up.

Seems like he get along quick with your other dog.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There's a monster dog in those paws!

I'm sure he'll settle in fast, but if he's getting along with the established housemates and finding his place in the pack, then it's meant to be.

Sometimes, you can tell with these things.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I just can't get over the size of those paws - he is freaking adorable!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Awwww that's awesome BH, he looks beautiful.
I hope he brings you many years of pleasure and you him.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
OMG! He is a cutie! What a great boy, responding to his name and fetching after half a day, you've got a smart, gorgeous darling! Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
OMG BH He's adorable...... let the fun begin.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I see that you have a new baby in the house.I know you will be a
proud mama.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
More pics gimme gimme gimne

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
He looks kinda like a wolverine in the first 2 pictures.
Cute dog.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oh BH he looks so wonderful. I wish I could smell him. (pine cones and puppy chow?) His eyes, muzzle, feet, coat, little crooked puppy ears. Everything.
He's perfect.

Any time you want to put up more picts, remember he has a fan club. (Love the one of him and Jaia together.)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Cute puppy! Furry little fella. He sure looks like he's going to grow up to be a big Shepard looking at the size of his paws!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Cute pup. In the first couple pics it looks like it doesn't have ears lol. I guess it's the angle and all the fur. You're going to have your hands full. It looks playful.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I consider this thread the first meeting of the Focus Fan Club! FFC!

*Ah the joys of canine motherhood. The other day I took my two westies for a walk in the woods. They got into some grass, or a plant they were allergic to (Westies prone to skin allergies). Two days later, the fur is coming out in big hunks, with those awful 'hot spot' things. Off to the Vet's who gave them two injections each, which made them horribly thirsty. They were drinking water as fast I could fill the bowls. And, although they are very well housebroken, with all the water they can't make it the door in time, so I am now cleaning up doggie tee-tee all over the house. All day yesterday and today. When will it end.

Additionally, my niece's Rat terrier (Jack) is here for a month, and today he leapt over the wall on the patio (a four foot drop), because there was a squirrel in our yard- he's a city dweller) dropped over into my fountain, which is deeper than he is tall, scrambled out in shock, so I got him back in quickly, (it's February) and while I was getting a towel he dripped water all over the tile floor, which I slipped on, and busted my butt. I am now having to bend over to wipe up doggie teetee with a bruised buttocks and elbow.

All in a New York minute.

Blessings and try to stay intact. )

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Two days later, the fur is coming out in big hunks, with those awful 'hot spot' things.

So sorry about your problems! Just wanted to link to this post about hot spots...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Hope your kids are better soon!

Focus is doing great. He's a handful and takes a lot of work (although we did manage to catch up on some sleep last night - Yay!), but I really want to turn out a spectacular dog. Not the my other dogs have been mediocre, but I have learned a lot about dogs in the past 13 years and I have some special plans for this boy! So exciting!

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
...I have some special plans for this boy! So exciting!

What do you have lined up? Agility? Schutzhound?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Ah, my treatment is same as yours and they are taking antibiotics too. Which I think they aren't doing well with. All this peeing. (It's only one of them now) I was going to call vet tomorrow to see if he could switch it to another one. I don't have any tea tree oil, but I have jojoba oil. it's a nice, gentle oil. (Sure makes my neck and toes look better if anybody is looking for something for their neck, lol) Anyway... might try that. I use if for a lot of little things on myself.

I don't remember seeing that thread. I'm going to go back and read it, because DOGS.

I also bought some Sulfadene oil which I've used in the past, and it DOES make their hair grow back quicker.

*Any time I see you off-line now, I think AWWW, BH is outside playing with her puppy! Hope you have a beautiful day outside. It's looking like it might be sunny here.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
*Any time I see you off-line now, I think AWWW, BH is outside playing with her puppy! Hope you have a beautiful day outside. It's looking like it might be sunny here.

It's GORGEOUS here, thankfully. I wasn't looking forward to midnight trips outside in the snow! But it would normally be VERY cold.

I might be outside playing with him, or feeding him or taking him to potty, or a number of other things that have to do with him... It's kind of like having a new baby... He's doing GREAT with his crate and potty training, so we enlarged his den.

He's sleeping now. Resting, anyway...

And a good one this morning.

edit on 2/21/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...I have some special plans for this boy! So exciting!

What do you have lined up? Agility? Schutzhound?

I'm going to start with obedience and then do some advanced obedience, with competition heeling, etc. Then we'll see what he's best suited for. Agility and flyball are some active options, but we loved herding and scent work, too. I'd also LOVE to work him into being a therapy dog.

When I took Jaia and B'asia herding, I thought B'asia would be a natural (as she was always herding Jaia, had a high-evergy and loved running around), but it turned out, she wasn't very good. Her brother, however, excelled. So, it all depends on where Focus' talents lie.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'd also LOVE to work him into being a therapy dog.

My wife does in-house hospice with our one Catahoula, Nola:

Good luck with whatever 'career' path you pick for Do-Do.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join