It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tests new transgender protections by undressing in women's locker room- WA st.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Abysha

The true irony here is that conservatives are fulfilling their own prophecy. I've been reading quite a few comments and Tweets from conservatives, goading each other (men) into going into the women's restrooms to prove a point.

how do you know they are conservatives? Why are you labeling people? How do you know they dont identify as something else?

Isnt this whole thing about not putting labels on people and things being fluid?

Irony

People label themselves. This is just one example from a anti-transgender Facebook page:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

huh, still dont see anyone saying they are a conservative?

Why are you labeling people........thats pretty much the exact opposite of what this PC movement is suppose to be doing.....

How come its ok for you to label people but you dont want other people to label people?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Helicopter

Oh come on ... you gotta be laughing your asses off over there.
WE ARE.
I have NO IDEA why someone thought this would work but...no.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

huh, still dont see anyone saying they are a conservative?

Why are you labeling people........thats pretty much the exact opposite of what this PC movement is suppose to be doing.....

How come its ok for you to label people but you dont want other people to label people?

It is on a page specifically for protesting trans-inclusive legislation. If you look these people up, their FB walls are plastered in pro-Trump, pro-Cruz posts and tons of religious stuff.

"Conservative" is a word depicts a set of behaviors and beliefs. It is not some party you sign up for. It's like saying "impatient", "kind", or "greedy".

Are we not allowed to use the word "conservative" when a person fits the definition of "conservative" unless that person specifically says they are "conservative"? So we can no longer call OWS people "liberal", either?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Some may have expected that I would weigh in on this topic sooner but I just wanted to see where it went first. Of course, I do have an opinion but it probably isn't as PC as one might expect so I'll keep it to myself.

I would like to point out that the Family Policy Institute of Washington quoted in the OP and above is an anti-LGBT, anti-abortion, anti-marriage equality right-wing conservative republican group of bigoted a-holes doing nothing but promoting hate, prejudice and ignorance.

I would also like to point out the six republican anti-trans bills in Washington state this session.

House Bill 2589
What it does: Amends the state’s nondiscrimination law to away trans’ people ability to use single-sex facilities according to gender identity. Allows private and public entities to bar people from single-sex facilities based on their anatomy. Status: Failed to move forward.

House Bill 2782
What it does: Amends the state’s nondiscrimination law to say that it does not give people the right to use facilities that are inconsistent with their anatomy or DNA. Status: Failed to move forward.

House Bill 2935
What it does: Repeals a regulation that allows trans people to access facilities according to their gender identity and forbids the Washington Human Rights Commission from making any more regulations about access to single-sex facilities. Status: Failed to move forward.

House Bill 2941
What it does: Requires students to use restrooms according to sex assigned at birth. Status: Failed to move forward.

Senate Bill 6443
What it does: Repeals a regulation that allows trans people to access facilities according to their gender identity and forbids the Washington Human Rights Commission from making any more regulations about access to single-sex facilities.

Senate Bill 6548
What it does: Amends the state’s nondiscrimination law to away trans’ people ability to use single-sex facilities according to gender identity. Allows private and public entities to bar people from single-sex facilities based on their anatomy.
Status: Passed through Committee on Law and Justice, full Senate vote may be coming up soon.

What concerns me most in all of this anti-trans backlash is the bill currently on the Governor's desk on South Dakota and the crap going on across the country that will make the lives of transgender children and their parents more difficult than they already are.

Read about them here:
National Center for Transgender Equality Action Center

And specifically what is going on in South Dakota.

The First Step in a Plan to Eradicate Trans People from American Life is here

South Dakota Is The First State To Pass A Transphobic Student Bathroom Bill

The Family Research Council has laid out their 5-point plan to legislate transgender people out of existence. Funny how many of these recognized conservative hate groups have "Family" in their name. Their goals state:

1. States and the federal government should not allow legal gender marker changes.

2. Transgender people should not have any legal protections against discrimination, nor should anyone be forced to respect their identity.

3. Transgender people should not be legally allowed to use facilities in accordance with their gender identity.

4. Medical coverage related to transition should not be provided by the government, or any other entity.

5. Transgender people should not be allowed to serve in the military.

What the hell is wrong with people?

edit on 2/18/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Again w the labels.

How unfair

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

What the hell is wrong with people?

My sentiments exactly.

I've been keeping up with the "anti this" and "anti that" - - - and all I can thing is: "What is wrong with people".

Horrible things are happening all over the world - - - and these idiot "anti" people - - - choose denying LGBT rights above everything else?

Shoot someone. Blow up someone. Let asylum seekers drown. Whatever. As long as LGBT people aren't allowed to live their lives freely in society.

Very sick minds.

edit on 18-2-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

PC culture has made the US collectively lose all common sense......

(grabs popcorn to watch it all blow up in the PC crowds faces)

I don't like it either. Looks like they don't even consider the thoughts and feelings of the people who're NOT transgender. Hell I don't even like hte idea of unisex. Too close for comfort. Beginning of the end of genders. It's like anything else. In several generations the pain will be forgotten like dirty laundry. Lesbians/homosexuals will have genetic offspring. And someday our babies will be born in labs or "wombs". We're coming to a time not too distant when even our own thoughts will not be our own. All of it happening slowly, snaking its way into us, generation by generation.

So I don't think it'll blow up in our faces, but I don't like it. It'll probably be a good future, but is it the one -I- want? I guess it don't matter. I'll be dead. That's how it goes with most things like this. But you know not even dying can be relied on. They'll be reviving brains and giving them new lease on life. People will be living longer. I don't know. Sorry.
edit on 2/19/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join