It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's more evidence that our universe is a Quantum Computer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Local realism is dead. It manifests itself on a classical level and conscious beings are under the illusion of separation and test after test show this. More and more people are looking at the universe as a computer and even saying things like spacetime is an error correcting code.

There was a recent study that again, showed there's no signaling between entangled particles.

Physicists in the Netherlands performed quantum entanglement experiments using electrons in diamonds located at labs (left and right of aerial photo) far enough apart to confirm that no hidden signal could be influencing the results.

www.sciencenews.org...

To me, this is more evidence that the universe is a computer.

If you look at the spacetime as a computer screen and all of the matter in the universe as pixels on the screen, it's very easy to explain. I write code and let's say I write a program where red dots randomly move around the screen. If one of the red dots is clicked it turns blue or green. If two of the red dots touch each other then they're entangled. So now if I hit a red dot and it turns blue, the dot it's entangled with will turn green. If I click it and it turns green, the dot it's entangled with will turn blue.

There's no need to send a signal between the dots because there just following the instructions of the program. So it's about processing information. So if the universe is governed by quantum codes, you wouldn't expect to see any signal between entangled pairs because both particles are pixels on the spacetime screen.

Here's a paper called "Quantum Gates and Quantum Circuits of Stock Portfolio" It's about a quantum code found in the stock market.

The astonishing thing is that, when simulating in topological quantum computation environment the time series of stock prices realize, in their braiding movement, elementary quantum gates. The quantum gates that prices of stocks in a portfolio are realized can be chained in quantum circuits.

It is absolutely fascinating to see how stocks of reputable companies like McDonalds or Walt Disney Company are literally realizing quantum gates in their New York Stock Exchange daily evolution.

Selecting a stock portfolio, from the shares of companies listed on Dow Jones Industrial Average market index, composed of McDonald's Corp. (MCD), The Walt Disney Company (DIS), American Express Company (AXP), and United Health Group Incorporated (UNH),an astonishing chain of quantum gates is recovered. Hadamard gate, Pauli gates and S-phase gate are all acting concerted in 1-qubit quantum circuit.

More complex quantum code structures arise considering increasing the number of stocks in the portfolio. 2-qubit quantum circuits are realized by adding Nike Inc. (NKE) and The Home Depot, Inc. (HD) to the initial portfolio of stocks.

Here is the link to the quantum computational universe. This strange quantum code laying beneath the stock market transactions may be a small fragment of the universal code the entire Universe acts according with. This result may point out the shocking conclusion that New York Stock Exchange is perhaps a quantum computational virtual reality.

www.tgdaily.com...

Here's the published paper:

Quantum Gates and Quantum Circuits of Stock Portfolio

arxiv.org...

Here's a talk by John Preskill from Caltech titled Is Spacetime a Quantum error correcting code?

Here's Professor James Gates who found an error correcting code in Supersting Equations

Here's M.I.T. Professor Seth Lloyd saying the universe is a Quantum Computer

Again, if the spacetime is like a computer screen, then it's holistic and non local nature makes perfect sense and the everything is being computed down to you putting on your socks in the morning to driving home from work at night.
edit on 14-2-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

everything is being computed down to you putting on your socks in the morning to driving home from work at night.

Ok.
Now what? Have you started working on modifying the code? How does one go about doing so?

Is this notion fundamentally different from the ancient idea of predestination?
edit on 2/14/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I was thinking the same too, if we're bound by code to do what we do then why give us the illusion of freedom by choice within the code ?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Precisely.............
Somebody will discover the universe is a quantum computer and right way,.right away.....
some somofabitch will try to reprogram the damn thing....Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch
And guess who the alpha testers will be.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

ARE YOU SERIOUS!

IS THIS TRUE.

So here I am 5 years ago waking up and when I woke up, I saw binary codes in red all over the room all over my body, so I get up to open the window and it's all over the world, on people and everywhere ,it lasted for at least 5 minutes. I just sat and looked at all the red zero and one just all over the place and when I reached for it,it sprinkled apart but came back together.

And a year after that I find out that Stars are used on humans the same way as pixels are used for TV, THANKS neoholographic, SO STOKED !
edit on 14-2-2016 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527
And a year after that I find out that Stars are used on humans the same way as pixels are used for TV, THANKS neoholographic, SO STOKED !

...Except that's not even remotely true. As for your psychotic episode, have you seen a doctor?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

I was thinking the same too, if we're bound by code to do what we do then why give us the illusion of freedom by choice within the code ?

Well, would being in a quantum computer necessarily mean there is no freedom of choice? If the computing power was sufficient and advanced enough couldn't there still be freedom within certain parameters? Even in a conventional version of existence there are a number of things we don't have freedom of choice about. I can't choose to defy gravity or breathe water.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Good question and that's still up for debate because of things like uncertainty and the free will theorem. As Professor Seth Lloyd said, the universe may compute when you pour a glass of orange juice but there's no evidence that says the universe computes when you decide to pour that glass of orange juice. So the act is being computed but there's no evidence that say the choice to pour a glass of orange jusice is being computed.

There's a caveat though, because there's a recent study that shows events in time are correlated. So the classical universe can be the output of these temporal correlations being computed but you would still have free will because there's no sequencial order or cause and effect to these temporal correlations which again destroy any notion of locality or an objective physical reality at a fundamental level.

I just read this paper and it was very interesting. The paper is called "Experimental Test of Quantum Histories"

arxiv.org...

These entangled histories and temporal correlations are very interesting as it pertains to this question.

Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek at MIT and colleague Jordan Cotler, now at Stanford University, provide evidence for what they call entangled histories in a paper posted online January 12 at arXiv.org. The researchers proposed and collaborated on an experiment that started and ended by measuring a particular property of a photon; in between, the experimenters subtly probed the photon without disturbing its delicate quantum state. The head-scratching result was that there was no way to create a single chronology that could describe how the photon changed. Instead, there must be multiple chronologies that are entangled, sharing a quantum connection usually reserved for groups of particles rather than chunks of time.

“There really is something very deep going on here about the nature of quantum mechanics and time,” Cotler says. “Our best description of the past is not a fixed chronology but multiple chronologies that are intertwined with each other.” The experiment may offer a new means of exploring and interpreting quantum weirdness.

Yet Cotler and Wilczek suspected that it wasn’t so simple. In a paper last year, they introduced the idea of entangled histories, cases in which a single chronology is insufficient to explain the observed changes in the properties of a particle. Just as the understanding of an entangled particle is impossible without considering its partner, the history of a particle could be incomplete without the existence of multiple entangled timelines.

Just as Cotler and Wilczek expected, the experimenters couldn’t formulate a chronology that was consistent with both the starting and ending measurements of each photon and the mirror-based evidence in between. The only way to reconcile all the observations, Cotler says, is to conclude that the photon went through multiple histories in parallel. When the researchers made the final measurement of the photon, those alternate timelines merged.

www.sciencenews.org...

To extrapilate this to a classical level, it would be like going to the store, the Doctor and to a restaurant but all of these events occur essentially at the same time because there's no sequencial order of events.

So on a fundamental level of reality there's no cause and effect or sequencial order of events. This shows that reality at a fundamental level isn't physical but information and this information is being computed and the result of this computation is the classical universe we experience.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

So on a fundamental level of reality there's no cause and effect or sequencial order of events.

So, on a fundamental level, there is no algorithm?

But the idea that quantum mechanics is based on probabilities is hardly new. It's sort of the basis of the whole thing.

edit on 2/14/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

“There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”

Douglas Adams

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

lol,obviously it is because i'm a witness of it are you serious ?

To be honest, I do not even care what the people in the video or the Netherlands or you say about it, you have not witnessed it, they are talking in theory and I am a bare witness of this…so, say what you want,it answers alot of questions for me and my life..cant say what it does for other peoplel

I have been asking this question for a long time I even twittered Dr. Michio Kaku
To get advice.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

There is also a possibility that we don't have 'all' of mathematics and that what we believe is entanglement may be governed by undiscovered mathematical rules.

The assumption that we inherently understand every quirk of reality that comes across our path is not particularly helpful in the determining what is 'deep underneath' the mechanics of this world.

I quite like Gates' 'Adinkras' as a way of 'breaking the mold' of traditional ways of interpreting complex patterns; whether it will actually lead us somewhere truly new, remains to be seen.

edit on 14/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

everything is being computed down to you putting on your socks in the morning to driving home from work at night.

Ok.
Now what? Have you started working on modifying the code? How does one go about doing so?

Is this notion fundamentally different from the ancient idea of predestination?

Surely such deep code, governing such an intricate complexity, is self modifying and (compared to us, its constructs,) hyper-intelligent.

Perhaps we have just to 'appeal to it' and it will do as we ask?

It does seem to favor our conscious attention when we test physics at a low level.

edit on 14/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Burnt offerings, maybe?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Here's a talk by John Preskill from Caltech titled Is Spacetime a Quantum error correcting code?

WTF? How many of you goofs sat through that video thinking you had even the slightest idea what Mr. Brainiac was talking about? I feel 10 percent more stooopid just knowing people like him are out there - and I'm not.
Dumbness suqs.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Burnt offerings, maybe?

Hmmm, freeze dried foreskin, perhaps?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance
lol

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I feel 10 percent more stooopid just knowing people like him are out there - and I'm not.

Duly noted.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chr0naut

Burnt offerings, maybe?

But they would be only artificial constructs too, vapors & dreams.

Perhaps the exercise of reasoning and application of choice in a hyperfine construct is what interests it?

Perhaps, our recognition that though we are likely to have some meager similarities to our 'programmer', we can only be a tiny subset of what it may be.

Perhaps it is itself a virtual construct, implying an even greater meta-program?

Perhaps it's turtles all the way down and elephants all the way up?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join