It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalia's Death Conspiracy Theory: Was the motive to shut him up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I personally believe that he died from natural causes. But politics is such a violent and often ugly game that many will automatically assume that Obama had something to do with it.

This is how we view politicians in 2016. Amoral scum who would murder to push an agenda.

It's a sad commentary that we still vote for and hold up people who (we assume) would murder just as easily as some of us swat a fly.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Dude was fat pushing 80 he lived his dream now he is dead, what conspiracy?? .. mom said never say anything bad about the dead, he is dead, that's it.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But politics is such a violent and often ugly game that many will automatically assume that Obama had something to do with it.

Anyone that "assumes" Obama had something to do with it is a conspiratorial nut.

This is how we view politicians in 2016. Amoral scum who would murder to push an agenda.

That is not how we all view politicians. You are talking about a small section of society.

It's a sad commentary that we still vote for and hold up people who (we assume) would murder just as easily as some of us swat a fly.

When I step in to the voting booth I do not assume I am voting for murderers. In fact, quite the opposite.

I think we need to get this conspiratorial mindset in check.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I see unno could be he was an overweight 79 year old man with a stressful career. Wow

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You're right. I'm sorry.

I should have posted the above on a conspiracy site.

O_o

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

You are truly talking out of your hat; what do you know about what I thought about President Bush? (Either of them?)

Answer: Nothing.

You protested the Iraq War? Kewl. Which one?

No one here, least of all me, is trying to shut down your dissent of President Obama's policies?

You don't have a right to thwart the US Constitution. Neither does Mitch McConnell, nor the Republican Senate.

The duly elected President of the United States appoints Supreme Court Justices. The Senate (the whole Senate) advises and consents. It does not announce aforehand that it will block ANY nomination made by the President.

That is utterly unconstitutional, in spirit, if not in letter.

Shouldn't you unwrap yourself from the Flag ... isn't it difficult to breathe like that?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Again ... any EVIDENCE? Any FACTS that suggest foul play?

Musing about the possibilities is fine of course, but as we are Denying Ignorance ... shouldn't we be going on something more than our partisan enthusiasm?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're right. I'm sorry.

I should have posted the above on a conspiracy site.

O_o

Discussing conspiracy does not mean we have to take leaps in logic or manufacture conspiracy itself where none exists.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The democratic political philosophy is an imperfect one. But I am completely convinced the Republican party absolutely HATES everyone. Especially other americans. This would never happen if Romney had won.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I offered my opinion.

You disagreed.

*meh*

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Our goal here is not (supposedly) just to post baseless opinions, but to dig down beneath appearances and discover the facts of a matter as best we can.

It always hurts my heart to see matters continually devolve to a matter of "opinion."

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No. I do not think Obama had anything to do with it. If anybody did something nefarious...like speed up the death of someone with a slight heart problem (Breitbart?) before a crucial matter comes up for "discussion"...it wasn't the current president.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ok. Here we go a nice, fat, juicy conspiracy to sink our teeth into! Isn't that the reason we all come here? A nice, succulent conspiracy! Screw on your tin foil hats people and lets party!
edit on 14-2-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: Typo

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
With the pivotal cases coming up this spring? Oh no, there was no reason at all to want to bump off a conservative justice.

Were there any indications at all that Scalia's health was failing? Usually when someone dies of natural causes, they enter a period of decline.

Heart attacks account for 1 in 4 deaths in America per year (610,000 deaths, more men than women). Strokes kill another 160,000 per year (so about 1 in 16). Combined that's nearly a third of all deaths overall. You can bet that number is much higher for people in their 70's.
edit on 2016-2-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's skunk works you don't need proof to discuss possibilities.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Dude was fat pushing 80 he lived his dream now he is dead, what conspiracy?? .. mom said never say anything bad about the dead, he is dead, that's it.

And you are dead certain of that? He didn't have any real health issues. I met a nurse this week who is 78 and going strong. She was working as efficient and as hard as the younger ones, so late 70's is not that ancient when you have no real health problems.

This article was interesting:

OBAMA EXPECTS SUPREME COURT VACANCIES
www.politico.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

ALL Mitch McConnell said was that the American people deserve a voice.

How is that wrong? We are in the middle of a game changing presidential race, that is flying in the face of establishment.

We don't know who will win, we don't. What we do know, is that people everywhere, from both sides, are voicing their opinions in historical numbers.

Whoever gets into office next, will most likely have the true majority of the people behind him, and the country will likely change, whether it be for good or for worse, this next president will be a game changer.

Why not wait? What if its Bernie Sanders? Or Obama's twin Hillary? Or Trump? Or Cruz? Whoever it is, will win by a clear majority of the people.

Let the next president choose, and we will find out what kind of country the people really want. Then, the SCOTUS will reflect that. Obama, is not the clear majority in popular opinion. He has left the people who voted for him. Whoever he chooses may not be what the people want.

Let this race decide, what Americans want for America, and then the SCOTUS will reflect that very clearly.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Sorry for his family.

IMO we can eliminate liberals. Why would they wait 30yrs until he is 79yr old?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind was that he was murdered because of what he said last month about blacks.

How do you like them apples? Says a lot about our society, in my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

ALL Mitch McConnel said was that the American people deserve a voice.

How is that wrong? We are in the middle of a game changing presidential race, that is flying in the face of establishment.

That doesn't make sense. I don't want to get off topic here but where's the logic? Should Supreme Court justices only be appointed in the first year of a presidency? No, of course not. The current President and Congress were just as legitimately elected as will the next be.

"No, no, THIS TIME it's the REAL voice of REAL Americans!"

Come on.

Anyway, if they do manage to stall it, we'll quite possibly beat the current longest vacancy (391 days). Considering that we're 11 months from an inauguration and there's going to be a period where the new administration is ramping up.

Pretending that there's a reason to stall is just that, pretending.
edit on 2016-2-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join