It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chess, iraq, 9/11 and puppies (j/k)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have had a thoery and please tell me if I'm off base. ok here we go.

Ask this question: What came about after 9/11?

-USA becomes lockdown, saftey and cavity searches the new rave at airports, boarders and security incrase

-USA goes to war in a region which holds lucrative assets, ya'll

-With afganistan under our control the USA now has a base of operations deep within the middle east

-With Iraq conquered the USA now has another base of operations in the region.

-After 9/11, and for a while after America had free riegn over most of the world and could "hunt" for terror wherever they wanted

-sympathy for America gave us that self same freedom

what was the cost of having strategic importance, of being let off our leash to get the bad guys, to have an excuse to take Iraq: 3000 lives, 3 buildings and 4 planes...

Well worth it. Like in chess sacrifice some pieces to gain the advantage.

..and read to some school children...

[edit on 9-1-2005 by brooklyntonyp]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hey your right on target, more people believe 911 was a conspiracy by our government and Israel now, then they did back when it happened.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Interesting.........but I would question the concept that Iraq is now a 'base of operations' in the Middle East. At present it is a black hole that is swallowing any military resouce that is deployed.

I've no doubt that a future FoB was on the cards before Iraq was invaded, but with the security situation in its current state it will be at least 3 (if not 5) years before any stability returns to the country.

[edit on 20/10/2004 by BillyTheCat]

new topics

join