It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the newest dinossaur species found an evidence of a cryptid?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I know this wasn't directed to me, but I still have to chime in about some of this:

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I think dinosaurs and man once walked together

Based on what?

Recorded footprints of both man dinosaur footprints together

No such thing exists, though. Every example is either a misidentification or an outright hoax perpetrated by Young Earth Creationists.

Many dinosaur sightings in recorded history

Please show me just one such record.

You can find this information on the net

Well, by golly, it must be true then!

You won't and can't because your strict beliefs deny any chance that it could have happened

You seem to be confused. If anyone is blinded by their beliefs, it is you. You're the one making silly false claims without having anything to back them up.

Now ghost, I believe something different from you, it's ok, we are allowed to believe different things
If you want to be an adult, here is where maturity sets us apart

I accept you accept the evidence for evolution, as weak as I believe it is I accept your belief in it

That's a remarkably ignorant statement, but I can respect the thought behind it.

Please enjoy your chosen decision to believe in science

Science, by its' very definition, requires no belief.

I am not providing information, you won't believe it

I'd like to see what information/evidence you think you have.

If you want information please go and research it or not

I'm quite sure that Ghost has spent some time researching such things, as have I, and as have many others. The claims don't hold up.

Someone in this post suggested these dragons were around 300 years ago, I think it's possible

Again, what do you base such an asinine idea on?
edit on 2/2/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
So you are the oracle

If I am wrong maybe the onus is for you to prove it

I don't care to justify my beliefs to you

for mine ghost is as fundamentally religious as a wesborough church member

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

So you are the oracle

Ah, classic Raggedyman retort. sarcastic responses while continuing to provide no content to his argument or the thread

If I am wrong maybe the onus is for you to prove it

Firstly, your claims have been proven false over and over again. Secondly, no it's not a matter of us proving it wrong, you made extraordinary claims so you need to provide the extraordinary evidence that supports them.

I don't care to justify my beliefs to you

Right, because you cant. You're just here to slander anyone who you think accepts something that you -for some reason- are entirely against and hate.

for mine ghost is as fundamentally religious as a wesborough church member

And the slander continues.

Care to actually provide any use for this thread?

If insulting others for no reason gets you off, I have thick skin, so I'll be your vice if you need to vent your frustration on others. I'm always here for you whenever you decide to have a reasonable conversation about this topic.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thick skin but you can't stop defending or attacking, hmmmm

I don't believe what you believe, I accept your beliefs

I don't care to justify my beliefs

You ghost are a fundamentalist of your chosen beliefs, no better than the others you attack

Now please spend a few minutes considering why you are doing what you are doing, why you deny others a right to their choice, why this is such an important fight to you, why you must win everyone over to your beliefs. Just ponder why it's so important to you, I don't care, more for yourself

This argument is just not worth as much to me as it is to you

Do your victory dance, paint your face, pump your fists, I am just not interested in discussing anything with you
Sorry

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
slander evolution.....?
you cannot slander evolution.....evolution is slander itself.....

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Thick skin but you can't stop defending or attacking, hmmmm

Where have I been attacking?

I'm defending not because I am personally hurt, but because you're going around spreading false information. Why wouldn't I correct that misinformation?

I don't believe what you believe, I accept your beliefs

I don't believe anything. I do however accept the overwhelming evidence that supports the scientific theories in which I accept.

I don't care to justify my beliefs

I am fully aware of that. All you do is belittle others and run away when they ask if you would support your claims.

You ghost are a fundamentalist of your chosen beliefs, no better than the others you attack

Quote please for that attack

Now please spend a few minutes considering why you are doing what you are doing, why you deny others a right to their choice, why this is such an important fight to you, why you must win everyone over to your beliefs. Just ponder why it's so important to you, I don't care, more for yourself

I'm not denying you to have a choice at all. I am humbly inquiring as to why you believe what you believe. Why is that such a bad thing?

This argument is just not worth as much to me as it is to you

Yes, it's quite apparent that you feel putting down everyone who doesn't believe the same thing you do is your only focus. You care not to have a mature, reasonable discussion on any matter at all.

Do your victory dance, paint your face, pump your fists, I am just not interested in discussing anything with you
Sorry

Then why belittle me? Your argument must be very fragile if all you do is insult others and run off when they confront you on why it is you feel it's necessary to unsubstantial discredit anything you don't believe in.

Slink away raggedyman... slink away...

I'll be here waiting for a reasonable discussion from you whenever you feel up to it.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
slander evolution.....?
you cannot slander evolution.....evolution is slander itself.....

If you truly believe that to be factual, I am more than willing to have a discussion on the matter in this topic if you're interested

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha

originally posted by: Ghost147

People who lived in the region told about a race of bipedal-green-like feathered lizards... According to local history, it's species was hunted down to extinction to protect the cattle (which became easy prey to the creatures) over 300 years ago

So these creatures were hunted down 300 years ago?

And Dracoraptor hanigani lived in the Jurassic period, which is 199.6 to 145.5 million years ago....

I'm failing to see this connection

Coelacanth is a counter for this. Once tough to be extinct, but pretty much alive.

This is a pretty common misconception. Coelacanth is not a specific fish, it is an Order of which there are 2 extant species surviving currently, primarily in the Indian Ocean. There are numerous differences between the 2 members of the Genus Latimeria and the rest of the order that has gone extinct. The Latimeria chalumnae and latimeria menadoensis would not be confused with the rest of the order were other members still alive today.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Ghost147

People who lived in the region told about a race of bipedal-green-like feathered lizards... According to local history, it's species was hunted down to extinction to protect the cattle (which became easy prey to the creatures) over 300 years ago

So these creatures were hunted down 300 years ago?

And Dracoraptor hanigani lived in the Jurassic period, which is 199.6 to 145.5 million years ago....

I'm failing to see this connection

Coelacanth is a counter for this. Once tough to be extinct, but pretty much alive.

This is a pretty common misconception. Coelacanth is not a specific fish, it is an Order of which there are 2 extant species surviving currently, primarily in the Indian Ocean. There are numerous differences between the 2 members of the Genus Latimeria and the rest of the order that has gone extinct. The Latimeria chalumnae and latimeria menadoensis would not be confused with the rest of the order were other members still alive today.

Thanks for the clarification, despite that i always used the Coelacanth argument as a counter of some sort, i always found it strange for some reason whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Hmm, I personally think other odd species could have coexisted with humanity in our ancient, early history. For example, a small, slug-like creature with no skeletal system, a brittle shell and low population density. Essentially, a snail. It is extremely unlikely any evidence for such a creature would exist in this day and age.

While this is a rather specific example that would not apply to a larger vertebrate such as a "dragon", the simple fact is that fossilised remains are extraordinarily rare. It is possible, even likely I would say, that there are an inordinate number of species that we will never know existed. Because either no such evidence exists, or it is evidence we will never find.
edit on 20/2/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It does sound a bit like a cassowary - I initially thought emu or ostrich as well. But honestly, seeing a cassowary in Wales would almost be as shocking as a dinosaur!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join