It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dating site for white people is turning heads?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Peruse ANY of the profiles in most of Southern California on POF or TINDER or OKCUPID.

"WHITE" is the MAJORITY??

HAHAHAHAHA, I get flooded with emails from Hispanic/Asian girls at a rate 10 times more than White women. There are hardly any LEFT. And I'm supposed to be the "Majority"?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: RickinVa

Either way, they probably think they are being clever and "sticking to liberals and the politically correct" while just looking like racist jackasses. It's not like intelligent people are going to buy it.

Being able to be construed as racist and you seeing it as racist are two different things, and directly fly in the face of what you said above.

Once again should any majority white country remain majority white? Or is it racist to wish to maintain your cultural and ethnic identity?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Peruse ANY of the profiles in most of Southern California on POF or TINDER or OKCUPID.

"WHITE" is the MAJORITY??

HAHAHAHAHA, I get flooded with emails from Hispanic/Asian girls at a rate 10 times more than White women. There are hardly any LEFT. And I'm supposed to be the "Majority"?

I admit, I've never been on any of those sites. If it is as skewed as you say it is, then I apologize for the assumption that it mirrors the demographics of our nation.

But like you said earlier, you can always filter out whoever you want by any number of characteristics, including "race".

In any case, I was only pointing out why a site specializing in the majority can be seen as exclusionary. I obviously don't know enough about dating sites so I'll probably back off from this thread now.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

We already have dating sites that do the same thing for white people that "blackpeoplemeet.com" does for black people. Those are pretty much any random dating site since it will mostly be white people on them.

No, we don't. Not popular or mainstream.

You've obviously never been on a real dating site.

There are no popular or mainstream dating sites I'm aware of that are predominantly white (because there are a LOT of blacks, less hispanics and even less asians), keywords being popular and mainstream.
edit on 1-1-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Europe can be flooded with invaders from other nations who aren't even ethnically or religiously CLOSE to the host nations....but if they speak out....."Racist"

American Citizens by large can be opposed to Illegal Immigration here....but speak out...you're a 'racist'...even though many that speak out are Hispanic or Black themselves....but it's "Only Racist White people" who oppose it...

Whites want a dating website for ourselves...."Racist"

So I'm just getting the hint that we're supposed to be filtered out of existence and suck it up...otherwise "racist"

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm all for racial equality and stomping-out racism where and when we can, but I don't necessarily see this as a racist issue.

People have their preferences in potential partners. Some people like their partners tall, some short. Fat or skinny.

People also have a preference in the skin color of their partner.

More power to them. As long as they are not being openly racist or denying someone their rights because of their skin color, go for it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Once again should any majority white country remain majority white? Or is it racist to wish to maintain your cultural and ethnic identity?

Having a nation maintain a quota of white people isn't the same as preserving your cultural and ethnic identity. No, I don't think it's very ethical to exclude people from your nation because they are not white but I also feel it is perfectly acceptable for white people to carry on their culture.

But... what is "white culture"? Are you talking about European nations where there are distinct white cultures or are you talking about America, as well?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Couldn't anyone or group make their own website for whatever purpose. I understand where you're coming from in your comments, I just think a dating website could be for anyone, regardless if the people are the majority or minority.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

We already have dating sites that do the same thing for white people that "blackpeoplemeet.com" does for black people. Those are pretty much any random dating site since it will mostly be white people on them.

No, we don't. Not popular or mainstream.

You've obviously never been on a real dating site.

There are no popular or mainstream dating sites I'm aware of that are predominantly white (because there are a LOT of blacks, less hispanics and even less asians), keywords being popular and mainstream.

I admitted this in the post above yours. I'm running on the assumption that a typical American dating site is like walking into your typical American grocery store. I'm apparently wrong about that.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I admitted this in the post above yours. I'm running on the assumption that a typical American dating site is like walking into your typical American grocery store. I'm apparently wrong about that.

There's all kind of dating websites, groups that are featured on websites such as Facebook, and so forth. You can find anything from people looking for similar views and interests, kinks, racial and ethic background, etc. Some can be exclusive because it's challenging for a lot of people to be open in what they're looking for, others might simply find it easier to chit-chat online then in person.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Crazy Diamond

Yep...the only time skin color matters is when you want to take full advantage of a good opportunity to play victim. Besides that it doesn't mean anything.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crazy Diamond
Notion of being proud (or ashamed) of ones color is completely ridiculous, in my opinion. I am white and indifferent to the fact.

You are indifferent to the fact because you are rarely made to think about it. If you were viewed with suspicion or fear by a large segment of the population, you would no longer be able to view your own ethnicity or skin color with indifference.

"Pride" is a bit of a misnomer when we are talking about "black pride" or "gay pride", ect. There just aren't many other words to use to describe the feeling of ostracization, and a person's commitment to retain their personal agency in spite of it.

When white people use it, it is very much like the dating site in the OP. It is usually redundant, exclusive, and largely unnecessary.

You are totally right, I have actually never experienced discrimination for how I was born. Country I was born in (Serbia) is overwhelmingly white, Christian, male dominated and I was "lucky" to hit all three. The same way I don't feel pride for being born white, I don't feel pride for being born in Serbia, being born Christian (not anymore), being born male etc.

I was speaking strictly about being proud of something one had nothing to do with. Those people fighting for their rights should absolutely be proud of their accomplishments and I hope the day will come soon when there will be no need for "black pride" or "gay pride" because everyone will be treated equally, with dignity and respect.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There is a dating site for ufo-enthusiasts and aliens. They don't care who or what you are!

Where Aliens Meet

That's gotta be a place to be a fly on the wall.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

If there's actually a fuss being made over this dating site, the people doing so are outrageously stupid, and are just looking for a reason to be offended. This sort of ridiculous thing just distracts from the real - and yes, there are real ones - issues with racism our society faces.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

What about us who don't identify with imaginary borders? Why shouldn't I be able to roam this earth freely?

edit on 1-1-2016 by Crazy Diamond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Crazy Diamond

And what of Santa clause and his marry elves why don't they have a dating site?

Imaginary borders...

I think Charlie Daniels says this best," I'll give up my guns when the criminals give up theirs"

The only thing imaginary, is the ideologically painted rainbow world you just espoused, when you wish to join us in reality do so, it's not great but, hey we are working on it.

link   
Double
edit on 1-1-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

link   
The pendulum swings. For 40 years it's been arcing away from white power structures, away from conservative viewpoints, away from patriarchy. It's close to the end of the arc, there's a black president, a female presidential candidate, and wealthy black kids are shutting down elite universities all over the USA.

The pendulum will swing back, to some degree. White society and culture does exist and should have a right to celebrate and revel in it's own greatness. White children should be raised to be proud of their heritage. With luck the pendulum will not swing back too far, because whites ARE the majority, and they've kinda been getting kicked around for a while now. It could get ugly.

White dating website, why not?
edit on 1-1-2016 by hammanderr because: The

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Just my opinion, but you may want to tread carefully with that line of argument. Personal preference in the skin color of one's partner is quite a bit different than wanting to maintain cultural and ethnic identity.

Perhaps you could elaborate?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
No one really cares and it's a non issue, so it's a dating site that is geared towards white folks let em be , sexual preference is a personal thing, and Im guessing a lot of people would rather not wade through a lot of unwanted choice and go straight for what they want, If the fear is it will some how lead back to segregation, well that's unlikely given today's demographics, and btw most organizations and institutions that have the titles Black, African American, Colored or even Negro are not exclusive so comparing them to institutions with "White" in their banner which generally meant what it says..a white only thing is a lot different.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join