It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Want To Buy Your Guns For 25% Over Market Value!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well that is just bonkers.

People will turn in their old pea shooters for cash, then they'll go by another gun. The Government doesn't hold the reigns of the gun runners or the legitimate manufacturers so it's a pointless gesture.

edit on 24-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

In return, the gun owners would receive a debit card they could use to purchase anything other than more guns and ammunition.

Need to read the entire story, guys.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

In return, the gun owners would receive a debit card they could use to purchase anything other than more guns and ammunition.

Piffle. I'll just transfer the balance to another card. Or cash.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So you could give in your gun say for 125 bucks and buy the same gun for 100 bucks give that gun in for 125 bucks and so on until you have made a lot of cash?.
You could do it in bulk as you made more money.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yeah, new gift card for other stuff, bank account for new guns.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oops.
I had dollar signs in front of my eyes for a mo

Anyhow silly idea.
edit on 24-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

LOL. it was read and understood.

I use card to pay $670 in rent, and use the $670 in cash I was gonna use for rent on a new AR-15, with extra for some upgrades and ammo.

WOOT!!!
edit on 24-12-2015 by forkedtongue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Can i sell my neighbors guns?

edit on 271231America/ChicagoThu, 24 Dec 2015 10:27:55 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Ok I'll buy bank bonds, and sell them in the same turn costing me only the transaction fee.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Or you guys could hold on to your firearms and let this program fall flat on it's face. You may think it's slick to make a dollar of this program, but at the same time you are reinforcing the idea that it works.

Do we really want people and politicians to think these sorts of programs are good?
edit on 24-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm rather reinforcing the fact I could bankrupt the USA by mass producing guns with the intent to sell them 25% above my asking price.

edit on 24-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
the leftist democrats are attempting to sow the seeds of greed into the equasion

trying to dry-up the transfer of handguns from private collectors to other private individuals...

thus reducing the gun access- gates through registered dealers only...heavily regulated gun transfers

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

So, I use the card to pay bills, then use the money that would have gone toward bills to buy more guns. This is more of a "look at us we're doing something" even if they know it won't work. It all about perception and them being able to claim they tried.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm surprised republicans aren't supporting this. The firearms industry stands to make tons of money from this.

Think about it. This is simply a way to trade your old guns in for new ones. The government buys your old rusty guns at above-retail, you use that money for groceries or whatever you normally use your discretionary cash for, then use the money you saved to buy better guns.

2nd amendment folk should be jumping all over this!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

So, I use the card to pay bills, then use the money that would have gone toward bills to buy more guns. This is more of a "look at us we're doing something" even if they know it won't work. It all about perception and them being able to claim they tried.

Yes, and by participating you give them the fuel to show that it works.

Not very smart, in my opinion.

Hold on to your firearms and let this fail.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

They can have all my guns for free...oh wait I don't own any...never mind.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the leftist democrats are attempting to sow the seeds of greed into the equasion

trying to dry-up the transfer of handguns from private collectors to other private individuals...

thus reducing the gun access- gates through registered dealers only...heavily regulated gun transfers

Oh... now I get it. That's actually pretty smart. For a while, I was just thinking this was more of a "upgrade your guns on us" program.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
a reply to: Vector99

"market value," not "retail value." So, basically you'd only get marginally more than if you were to sell your used gun to a pawn shop.

3-D printing means you can manufacture guns below "market value"

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

this bill will get guns off the streets and keep them out of the hands of people who wish to cause harm,”

No amount of wishful thinking is going to get guns out of the hands of criminals. Do they seriously believe some gang banger is going to show up and sell them his gun?
Delusional, bordering on just plain stupid.

What's bordering on stupid is the inability to see that guns that end up in criminals' hands were legal at one point in time. No, they don't think some gang-banger is going to show up and sell him his gun. They think the other guy, the grey-area "legal gun owner" who plans to sell or "lose" his old guns (into the hands of gang bangers or an intermediary) are going to sell their guns to the buy-back, instead of black market diversion.

Ignore anti-gun/pro-gun rhetoric for a second. Where do you think firearms come from that are acquired by criminals/gang-bangers, whoever?

If they do studies that show 30-70% of people (various studies not quoting a specific one directly) -of legal gun owners, are willing to sell their guns to someone who can't pass a background check.

Like the following, acquiring guns from armslist:

Investigators discovered that 54 percent of the sellers they contacted through the site were openly willing to sell firearms to people who admitted they couldn't pass a background check (which is a felony, incidentally).

Whats the point of this rambling? Well, since there hasn't been any massive, large scale, black market firearms production facilities raided in the last few decades, we can presume that criminals are buying their guns diverted form the legal market.

The old talking points that 'criminals wont follow the rules anyways' , and 'gun laws only hurt legal gun owners who are the only ones willing to follow the laws' are quite poignant, where do you think criminals acquire guns from?

The fact is many legal owners/sellers would be considered criminals if weapons were tracked better. You don't seriously think 100% of criminal firearm ownership is by theft do you?
edit on 24-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I didn't say I would do it, but it's how the ones who did, could work around the conditions set by the program.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join