It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of the Goatman, my personal experience.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

I don't know... It's possible, that road was like being off the grid which is why we used it. I don't rule anything out. But keep in mind that this was in 1997 and costumes still weren't up to par like things these days. Just a loin cloth is all it had on to my recollection. I try to close my eyes and think about it more specifically but reading these other accounts kind of disturbs my thought process and I'm afraid I'll get images mixed up and forget about a detail. But it didn't look like a costume. I've searched through picture after picture of wendigos, satyrs, and the goatman and I can't find an accurate looking picture.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Earlier up the thread I gave a link to Google Coordinates and the coordinates that put you directly in the cemetery. It'll give you a better idea of where I was at. I'd say there's a road about 3/4ths to a mile south of the cemetery. It's not a crossroad though, just the end, or beginning of the road depending on the direction you're coming from.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

Exactly!!! That was one of the more interesting aspects of this event. As I told her it was probably her kitten, my stomach churned because this wasn't a scratch from a kitten. I'd say each scratch was probably about an inch apart.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No, we ran into each other in 2006 and talked about the events of that night. Plus I know she wouldn't have messed up our fun time. I really wish I could explain this thing better, it looked nothing like a costume or a prank. And on top of that, my gut feelings have never let me down. Too many factors played into this to lead me to believe it was a prank or a costume, but I'd be skeptical if I wasn't the one in the truck that night, or if I'd never seen something like this, or supernatural before.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I was in the process of slowing down and trying to process what I was looking at when I got close enough to see it, the high speed run away was after I saw it. I don't recall any odor, but I also smoked back then so even with my window cracked, I may not have smelled it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Given your distinct description of his horns, would this fit the image more accurately? (but with more goat-like features in the face, or course)

edit on 23-12-2015 by Abysha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

I believe I have a little child ghost that "haunts" my house. While sitting in my recliner one quiet Sunday afternoon, I heard a pitter patter that sounded like a child's footsteps run from the back end of my house, through the living room where I was sitting, and into my bedroom. My son, who was 4 and sitting with me at the time, looked up at me and said "What was that, Daddy?"

I believe in ghosts for my own reasons...but having had a similar experience, one thing to exclude is critters on the roof. I had the pitter patter of feet in the room experience a few times until one time I went outside with a flashlight and found a fat raccoon on the roof.
edit on 23-12-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Indigo5

No, we ran into each other in 2006 and talked about the events of that night. Plus I know she wouldn't have messed up our fun time. I really wish I could explain this thing better, it looked nothing like a costume or a prank. And on top of that, my gut feelings have never let me down. Too many factors played into this to lead me to believe it was a prank or a costume, but I'd be skeptical if I wasn't the one in the truck that night, or if I'd never seen something like this, or supernatural before.

Yah...So my first thought was movie costume and cast having fun. By the road name you listed...you are just outside of Shreveport and there was a movie filmed in Shreveport called Goatman...but it was 2013, so doesn't align on dates.

Louisiana is one of the hotspots in crypto world specifically for Goat men..

If it was real then I would have to say super-natural vs. unknown species. The ubiquitous nature of cell phones and trail cams these days excludes large species living in populated areas IMO.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What Santa looked before Coca-Cola re-branded it, and yes he was evil, sitting on a pile of skulls of children after ate them

media.riemurasia.net...

mesikammen.files.wordpress.com...

mesikammen.files.wordpress.com...

edit on 23-12-2015 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

Happy Christmas!
edit on 23-12-2015 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

That must have been frightening and eye opening at the same time and since you have mentioned that it was in December when it happened, and the fact that you decided to post this in December, you reminded me of something similar described in central as well as northern European folklore. I think they even made a film about this legend and it premiered this September. Anyway here it goes...

In Austro-Bavarian Alpine folklore, Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure who, during the Christmas season, punishes children who have misbehaved, in contrast with Saint Nicholas, who rewards the well-behaved with gifts.

Although Krampus appears in many variations, most share some common physical characteristics. He is hairy, usually brown or black, and has the cloven hooves and horns of a goat. His long, pointed tongue lolls out. Krampus carries chains, thought to symbolize the binding of the Devil by the Christian Church. He thrashes the chains for dramatic effect. The chains are sometimes accompanied with bells of various sizes. Of more pagan origins are the ruten, bundles of birch branches that Krampus carries and occasionally swats children with. The ruten have significance in pre-Christian pagan initiation rites. The birch branches are replaced with a whip in some representations. Sometimes Krampus appears with a sack or a basket strapped to his back; this is to cart off evil children for drowning, eating, or transport to Hell.

en.wikipedia.org...

But it is also mentioned in Greeko-Roman folklore as Pan or Faunus...this will especially be of interest to you as it could explain the dreams.

In ancient Roman religion and myth, Faunus was the horned god of the forest, plains and fields; when he made cattle fertile he was called Inuus. He came to be equated in literature with the Greek god Pan. Faunus was one of the oldest Roman deities, known as the di indigetes. Marcus Terentius Varro asserted that the oracular responses were given in Saturnian verse. Faunus revealed the future in dreams and voices that were communicated to those who came to sleep in his precincts, lying on the fleeces of sacrificed lambs

en.wikipedia.org...

So who knows, perhaps this creature was always among us and many different cultures have seen it and even added their own stories according to belief at the time to their sightings. I believe you that you saw what you saw but thesedays it is more likely to be a prank than back then but even then some of the people could pull off a prank like this. But why would people over the world and different ages all be playing the same prank? I can come up with few answers but at the same time these could very well be real sightings and the only variations were in their stories and beliefs...

Thanks for sharing your story and if you can remember any more details, please do not forget to share.
edit on 23-12-2015 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AcerM

Yeah that thing looks like Krampus, which is described in the post after yours. One of my sisters-in-law is a huge fan of that thing. She's completely warped.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Well it's a safe bet it was a demon. The problem is "demon" is a pretty vague "umbrella" term for any number of beings that could actually exist and form the basis for the more familiar figures of folklore. My theory is that many or most of the beings are without form, initially, and it's people who give them form. They feed on our concepts and manifest. But I think the concepts have to be very well established and embedded in enough people to empower the manifestation. Though perhaps the being has some choice out of available concepts to pick from. I think the beings must not be particularly neutral or benevolent or we would have more people seeing adorable purple unicorns if it were up to us.

I lived in my childhood home until I was 30. I saw and experienced many and various paranormal phenomena there. But interestingly enough I never once experienced anything like what I now think of as Jinn or Shadow beings until I was in my late teens and my mom had her second "flare up" of her schizophrenia. Around the time she was the worst, my dad and I, unbeknownst to each other for a long time, began seeing small guinea pig and cat sized extremely fast moving shadows around the house.

Finally I mentioned to my dad that I was worried we might have a rat problem, but I was puzzled because I couldn't actually quite see them to identify them, even though they were so big. And our dog wasn't chasing them.

So anyway, my dad told me he was seeing these things, too, and he was sure they weren't rats but he didn't know what they were, but he tried studying them enough to know they weren't material beings. I was shocked because I knew him as a skeptical person. He still is a science nut, but he said living in that house, he saw too many weird things to stay a skeptic. I was utterly shocked to hear this confession out of him.

I cobbled together a house blessing using salt, and my dad and I both went around sprinkling the house with salt and carrying a Bible and ordering the spirits out in the name of Jesus. So basically I was trying to cover all the bases, pagan and Christian, lol.

It worked and those things went away for a long time. And we got my mom well again. She would relapse a few more times and the attain a permanent remission, thankfully. Whenever she relapsed we had shadow pig-cat things. Plus we had them sometimes even when she was fine. My mom over the years displayed a lot of varying psychic abilities but claims never to have seen the shadow beings herself.

I married and moved to a series of different houses. All were normal. Until that last house. The house, the yard, possibly the street was infested with shadow beings. And I don't think it was coincidence that our street had the highest incidence of domestic violence and strife I have ever seen outside of the neighborhood I grew up in. I grew up poor among a bit of crime. My last neighborhood was more affluent but three households had some serious issues. One marriage started our great from a happy engagement. Another did have issues before they moved. Another, I'm not sure about.
All of this strife was clustered at the end of our cul de sac, near the woods. It was like living by the hell mouth on Buffy the Vampire slayer. It was so weird there I had plenty to talk about on this forum. Now I visit here and reminisce, instead of giving live action reports of weirdness.

And that suits me fine. I think if I lived in your house and some ghostie were leaving me hand prints, I'd run screaming from the house. Or I'd leave a bottle of windex and a paper towel out and tell the ghost to clean up the prints because I have enough work cleaning up after live kids.

As to why I think I never saw Shadow beings before my late teens, when my whole family experienced various other more colorful phenomena, is that I think we didn't have enough Muslims around until that time. I think once a certain critical mass of Muslim population was reached in either our particular region or maybe the whole country, certain nebulous energies couldn't manifest in particular forms until there were enough people with the concept embedded in their subconscious to take the form I now know as Jinn.

It was not necessary that my dad and I know or even heard of Jinn. We had enough immigrants from Jordan and Iran around that time who had the concept in their minds. These energies always exist, but I think they need us to finalize their form when they manifest in our dimension.

To the people in the UK they were the scary faerie folk and took on a similar role but different form.

It may very well be that there's one big bad energy out there that takes this Pan-like form from some mass of people who had conceptualized such a being at one point.

Is it just a stereotype or is Voodoo really practiced a lot in Louisiana? Something there must be giving rise to energies looking for a form. Again, it's just a pet theory I've formed. I'm open to being argued with and having the theory shot down. It's all guesswork on my part anyway.

I do sincerely doubt there was ever a goat man out in my woods. I was all through it day and night. I would have annoyed the hell out of such a creature or ended up as its lunch. And if not me, my friends would have. We were not in Beltsville, though--I am from a way crappier area than that. I am rather skeptical of cryptid reports coming out of Maryland, even before it was heavily developed there were always just too many people trampling through the woods, any woods that I've heard of around here. This article outlines the best we have to offer and the tone is pretty accurate: www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You could have been so scared both of you hallucinated. After reading through the thread I was thinking maybe the antlers were branches of trees and it was some crazy homeless man. Rereading your OP your headlights were on the person, so maybe some demon manifested in front you by the state of mind you were in (inter dimensional being)?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

"The name "Joulupukki" literally means "Christmas goat". Joulupukki aka Yule Goat.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-12-2015 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AcerM
Wow, I never knew what a cobbled together figure the American version of Santa Claus was until I read that article you linked to. Fascinating article. Thanks for posting the link.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
After reading this thread, I was compelled to find some other Goatman stories and stumbled upon many tales of the so-called Skinwalker also known as a Ridgerunner/Fleshgait/Wendigo. These stories are somewhat unrelated to the OP and may not necessarily be the same thing, but anyone who finds the idea of a shapeshifting humanoid-animal interesting would do themselves a favor by checking out some of these tales. I could link something but I've literally read about 100 stories over the past few hours. You can type in any of those names I listed into google and find lots of 4chan threads with stories either written there or pasted from other websites. It's worth some research and I'd be interested to see if there's others on the site who have had any similar experiences.
edit on 26-12-2015 by bm2112 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What you saw remids me of something that came directly out of a celtic mythology. The celtic people wre the first people to mention magical options, human-like folk that lived hidden from us and were hard to come by.

What you describe is similar to a krampus. Like really similar. The horns matches. Does this look like what you saw by any chance?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Wow, that had to have put a damper on late night parking!! Do you know of any missing teens, that could have been victims? Seriously creepy stuff.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've had a friend, of a friend of mine, dad talk about seeing something similar to what the OP describes about a man having goat legs. Can't recall the details, but supposedly him and a buddy or two of his, had this one random guy in trench coat showed up at their poker game which was in garage I think, and during the game, the guys noticed something odd about him, and the dad whom I referring had to reach under the table to grab something.

And he supposedly saw goat hooves and legs. Another supposed time, is when my friends, friend, said he was walking past this one guy, across the street at night, and he is hearing the sound of hooves cluttering. This is all taking place north of the states country.

Now as for me personally, don't really believe in Goatmen, or the mythological name Saytrs, per say, as it could be minion of Satan, spreading fear, to awe Satan, and not the fearing good ol Jesus Christ(shotgun cocks).

I'd believe the stories alot more if the legs had reversed joints, and could donkey kick like a mule.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
I've had a friend, of a friend of mine, dad talk about seeing something similar to what the OP describes about a man having goat legs. Can't recall the details, but supposedly him and a buddy or two of his, had this one random guy in trench coat showed up at their poker game which was in garage I think, and during the game, the guys noticed something odd about him, and the dad whom I referring had to reach under the table to grab something.

And he supposedly saw goat hooves and legs. Another supposed time, is when my friends, friend, said he was walking past this one guy, across the street at night, and he is hearing the sound of hooves cluttering. This is all taking place north of the states country.

Now as for me personally, don't really believe in Goatmen, or the mythological name Saytrs, per say, as it could be minion of Satan, spreading fear, to awe Satan, and not the fearing good ol Jesus Christ(shotgun cocks).

I'd believe the stories alot more if the legs had reversed joints, and could donkey kick like a mule.

If a person actually believes in Jesus Christ or Satan, then this goatmen is probably just as real, and maybe actually prove-able.
edit on 29-12-2015 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join