It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here come the health police government telling people what they can and can't do under Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

So now the smokers, the fatties, the drinkers, the couch potatoes, the salt and sugar and meat eaters would constitute a majority!

Is it time to penalize the healthy, exercising vegans. They live longer and consequently cost medicaid the most money (treating lung cancer is cheap compared to warehousing someone with alzeimhers for 10 years).

Shouldn't they also have to pay more for any retirement benefits. They live longer and get more!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

O I am all for "free" health care and providing it to all.

But I don’t think that should extend to self inflicted health problems.

One should be free to be reckless with there health sure. But I dont want to pick up the tab for it.

That makes me wonder if they'll eventually start restricting peoples other self inflicted health risks as well. Things like extreme sports or activities that increase their probability of getting hurt somehow??? Or do they already do that???

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
For those targeting the smokers and fatties...There are tons of slim, active non -smokers whos diets are horrendous and can effect their health.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

NO they don't

That is another thing - the "healthy" do - they exercise badly and end up with injuries, worn-out knees, worn-out hips. They just plain flat out cost more.

If smokers need to pay "extra" for health costs - why doesn't anyone else?

Looks like the "majority" is going to have to make a choice here - either penalize everyone or penalize none!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Can of worms there pal. So how about corporate poisoning? That's ok for our tax money but not self indulgence?

The chickens are coming home to roost. Corporations and governments do more to sully the people of the world's health than they do themselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Is it time to penalize the healthy, exercising vegans. They live longer and consequently cost medicaid the most money

Actually when I had my cancer I met plenty of women with cancer who ate right and exercised and did everything right. Anyone can get sick for numerous reasons, not just those with bad habits. Some things are hereditary as well. They should just back off and leave people alone!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I absolutely agree Night Star

In truth, since the smoking rate has fallen so low in both our countries, woman who don't smoke now constitute 60 % of new lung cancer cases.

But I think that it is time that we turned this back on all the charities that have been making billions of dollars off various illness.

If illness is self-inflicted, then we have the "cure" that they are all supposed to be looking for. So why do these charities still exist?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Is it time to penalize the healthy, exercising vegans. They live longer and consequently cost medicaid the most money

Actually when I had my cancer I met plenty of women with cancer who ate right and exercised and did everything right. Anyone can get sick for numerous reasons, not just those with bad habits. Some things are hereditary as well. They should just back off and leave people alone!

Now THERE'S an issue right there. Genomes are getting cheaper and cheaper to sequence. Soon we'll all have a copy of our own, and so will the insurance companies and the government. Then we'll be poking around our genes looking for the "bad" ones, and if we HAVE them, what are they going to do then? Raise our rates?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Change.

That is what he promised.

He never said it was for the better.

Now we know and knowing is half the battle.
edit on 21-12-2015 by PresidentCamacho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So the public can fund the search for profitable gene patents!

Ka-ching!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, to be fair, if you must suckle at the teat of government, one must jump through loopholes. If they didn't, it wouldn't be in the spirit of Big Government.

But seriously, what you listed sound like things a doctor should know, like your dietary habits and lifestyle risks.

I take no issue with this part of the waiver, as stated in the "short version:"

Under the waiver, roughly 100,000 adults with incomes between 100 and 133 percent of the poverty line who have been enrolled for four years must attest to a healthy behavior or pay higher copays and contribute more to health savings accounts. Those not demonstrating a healthy behavior will have to buy private insurance through the federal health insurance marketplace.

Seriously, if you're partaking from the teat, at least show some evidence that you're taking strides to suck as little as possible in the interest of those paying for your healthcare. I call this being a good steward of taxpayer dollars.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The government has been sucking from my teat for years. I've paid roughly $70,000 in cigarette taxes. I was hoping to get some of it back when I get sick.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Responsibility people, i pay higher premiums for my extented medical and life insurance because i am a smoker, why is this a problem?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Oh YES HE IS!

When I and everyone else pay our taxes for Medicare and for healthcare in Canada, we are paying for EVERYONE to have healthcare. Therefor EVERYONE is entitled...the crackhead in the ally, the welfare mom who can't afford to eat veggies, the 600 lb fattie, the smokers, the drinkers, the ones who like salt, the one who like sugar. EVERYONE!

The government does not pay for this. the government has NO money! They only have our money and we voted that everyone is covered.

Now if you wish to allow exemptions for anyone who doesn't want to be on a government program but chooses to pay for their own private healthcare....that would be aok by me but you would also have to forego all the taxes I pay for healthcare now and do an forensic accounting and give me back any money that I overpaid to date.

Tired of Control Freaks

Obviously not as the state government of michigen thinks otherwise.

Thats the thing with government social programs. What they give they can take away.
edit on 21-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

The government has been sucking from my teat for years. I've paid roughly $70,000 in cigarette taxes. I was hoping to get some of it back when I get sick.

Maybe if you hadnt wasted $70,000 on cigarettes you could of brought your own healthcare rather than got the tax payer to foot the bill?
edit on 21-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You mean that the tax payers have paid $70,000 in taxes for you to smoke and you are sucking off the teat of the tax payers.

Shame on you for trying to act like the victim.

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Maybe if you hadnt wasted $70,000 on cigarettes you could of brought your own healthcare rather than got the rax payer to foot the bill?

That's just the taxes. I don't know the percentage of taxes on a pack of cigs, but my guess is he paid triple that for the cigarettes themselves and $70,000 of the cost was for taxes.

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You mean that the tax payers have paid $70,000 in taxes for you to smoke and you are sucking off the teat of the tax payers.

Shame on you for trying to act like the victim.

Wow we might actually see eye to eye on something

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It must be the holidays.

I better say happy New Years now before we disagree again.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Gulp, and cough cough..... WOW

I

Am

Speech

L E S S

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join