It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch town riots over asylum centre plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The meeting in Geldermalsen was to discuss establishing a centre for 1,500 asylum seekers. About 2,000 people joined the protests from the municipality of 27,000, 27 km (17 miles) from Utrecht, Dutch national broadcaster NOS reports.

A meeting in a Dutch town to discuss whether to build a new centre for migrants had to be abandoned when some opponents rioted. Protesters in Geldermalsen tore down fences and threw fireworks at police who responded with warning shots.

www.bbc.com...

And this is what it looks like when traitors of the people realize that the townspeople have had enough and have them surrounded with 2,000 strong.

Some more vids,

This is what you get when you push the people too far. Revolt seems the only way to save our countries and the whole of Europe from the horrible EU and this refugee invasion.

On the other hand, it seems that this is exactly what "they" want.

War seems inevitable.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardBoiled
And this is what it looks like when traitors of the people realize that the townspeople have had enough and have them surrounded with 2,000 strong.

The translation is "run to the emergency elite privilege bunker"

Good on the Dutch for protesting, nice to see some people have some backbone to stand up for what they believe in and will revolt against those in power not serving their needs

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HardBoiled

Oh so this type of rioting is ok?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Amen to that.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Democracy is dead if it ever was alive. Dractic situations require drastic measures. I am pretty sure there will be no refugee centre there.

Furthermore, it was escalated by the police.

+51 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Oh so this type of rioting is ok?

To defend ones homeland against invaders and traitors who would bring them in?

Yes.

Hopefully there will more of these.

Deal with it.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I can see why they dont want the centre, it means keeping asylum seekers, rather then just turning them away, and that becomes expensive.

But, the EU just cannot turn its back, unless they build fences around their country, they cannot stop it,

what is the fix?

I will tell you this now, this immigration issue across Europe will be the downfall of the EU,

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Democracy is dead if it ever was alive. Dractic situations require drastic measures. I am pretty sure there will be no refugee centre there.

Can you elaborate on how the police escalated it? All the video shows is a retreating riot line and demonstrators throwing objects at the line as it collapses back on the building so...what happened?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Mweh this is an opinionated thread.

It wasn't even 2000 people rioting

First a few dozens later maybe 200

And with every riot in the Netherlands you see the same pretty faces.

If they would show up as victims of a terroristic act on US soil, same faces different acts, they would be called crisis actors.

Same here only this time at the other side of the fence

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
But they allowed the Somalis in, they got their passports and were allowed to travel to and settle in the U.k.

My home City of Bristol has the largest population of Somalis outside of London. In general they have settled well here and there aren't many conflicts. Bizarrely there are amongst the African Caribbean and Somali communities.

With all respect to the E.U countries immigrants are heading to, they only want passports. They will then migrate to one of the more economically successful countries like Germany and France.

Of course there will be a percentage who would look to settle in the U.K, but as Cameron has promised to reduce immigration to the tens of thousands, this number will be quite low I would imagine.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

I didn't say 2,000 people rioted.

All 14 arrested so far are people from the town itself.

Go do your damage control somewhere else.
edit on 19-12-2015 by HardBoiled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Can you elaborate on how the police escalated it?

They started slapping people with batons just for being there.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It could be a political move. The longer the EU waits to change it's current stance the greater the change they can make.

The EU has greece under its thumb. sends patrol boats in the agean, build a fence around turkey's border, patrol the silicy crossing, patrol the gilbratar crossing.
This is like reverse barbary pirates. instead of taking europeans for slavery its arabs sailing for welfare.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

lol damage control?

I didn't say you said it, but surrounded by 2000 strong protestors doesn't cause an evacuation of the elite the 200 rioters did.

And obviously the ones smart enough don't get caught. That is a given on both sides of the fence the scapegoats get caught.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yea. Well until a video showing that surfaces I'm gonna bet there's more to the story than they just showed up and started whacking people.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You can do as you pretty please.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Can you elaborate on how the police escalated it? All the video shows is a retreating riot line and demonstrators throwing objects at the line as it collapses back on the building so...what happened?

The same way they the police always do.

They show up dressed and armed for war, to intimidate civilians, who the police should be standing with against the filthy swine politicos.

But alas, since most cops are just as dirty as the politicians, they of course take their side.

Your a cop, I bet you can name at least a dozen dirty cops in your own precinct.

Yet you don't thrown them in a cage like your oath demands.....

Just for starters.

I can elaborate in much greater detail if you want.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

So what's your point if you have any?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Go fly a kite with this invader nonsense.

Refugees are not invaders, stop listening to the propaganda.

I am all for protests, but just find it interesting that people are standing up for riots.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yea. Well until a video showing that surfaces I'm gonna bet there's more to the story than they just showed up and started whacking people.

Alright do not shoot the Messenger

nos.nl...

When the riots in Geldermalsen is a woman seriously injured . According to her lawyer , she was not involved in the riots after the council meeting and she was on her way home when she could not get past a deposition to the police and beaten. The lawyer speaks of excessive police violence .
According to a witness , the woman was walking with her ​​partner along a café where the police at that moment summoned everyone to leave. In the chaos that arose , a riot cop would have beaten the woman , who unfortunately crashed.

The victim has spent a while with severe brain injury in intensive care . Her condition is according to her lawyer still worrisome .

Police say the investigation into the case is underway. A spokesman speaks of a serious signal . According to the witness must uniformed officers who were at the bar , have all seen it happen .

sorry for the bad Google translate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join