It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to abolish political correctness?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I'm not the nicest guy in the world.

And I don't care if I offend or damage peoples feefees.

If I had to govern my speech in order not to offend anyone at any time, I might as well rip out my vocal cords.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You are free to say those terms where ever you want...who is controlling anything?

People speaking out against you saying it isn't controlling you, just the victim card.

I know it isn't PC to be respectful to people in the eyes of some. Funny how they do the same thing they accuse the 'pc police' of doing. Telling us what we 'can't' say. Like happy holidays instead of merry Christmas.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Child suspended from school for saying "Merry Christmas"
Thats what we're talking about when we say "PC nut jobs"

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Promote freedom of speech? Like the freedom to call someone a racist for saying something racist?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Aww, are you offended by what I wrote?

Why should I care?

As for your question, PC culture will go away when we stop caring about offending people.

We're just trying to protect you. If you act like this in public you may be at risk of violence because of the reaction of some people to the language you use. It is offensive. Some people react when they are offended. Me, I measure my response and play it cool, but plenty out there, well I do not need to elaborate.

Didn't your Mama ever tell you, "Watch your language?". Mine did and I do. They tell us such things with OUR best interests at heart for very good reasons indeed.

I don't have to worry about PC. I don't think about it a whole heap because my manners cover for all that and more. I am just a well mannered and polite person who is thinking of others and does not want to hurt them.

edit on 15-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm not the nicest guy in the world.

And I don't care if I offend or damage peoples feefees.

If I had to govern my speech in order not to offend anyone at any time, I might as well rip out my vocal cords.

But I imagine you'd never say these things face to face. Internet tough guy

+4 more 
link   

Yes, it is.

Just because you don't like what I wrote or didn't possible read the wall of text to its conclusion doesn't make it any less about what you wrote.

PC is a weapon used to shift the debate by subtly renaming concepts to a place one side deems more advantageous to their side.

In order to stop it, we need to stop mass shaming everyone refuses to use the media approved terminology.

link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

No one asked what you think "PC nut jobs" are. I asked how you'd get a politician to end PC culture.

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

When people try to dictate how the message should be conveyed, then it is a deliberate attempt at controlling the message.

That is my opinion.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And since when did our society decide that it has since become reasonable to attack someone simply for saying something?

That seems to be your trouble right there.

We are not animals who cannot control our emotions.

link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Me calling the racist and bigoted things people say is not thought police.
You are not free to say then with out criticism from other people, just free from the state punishing you from speaking out against it.

link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

You're right. In the real world, I would ignore you.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
In order to stop it, we need to stop mass shaming everyone refuses to use the media approved terminology.

How do we do that then? Wishful thinking?

PS: I snipped the parts of your post I didn't care about and found irrelevant to what I'm asking. I mean #, do you guys HONESTLY think I don't know what political correctness is? Why the need to try to educate me on what you think it is?.

edit on 15-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

That's fine as long as they can back up their PC accusation with proof that such freedom of speech was in fact racist.

Which by the way is the problem with PC culture. Because they shout racist because it's something that they don't want to hear not necessarily because it was a racist statement that was made.
edit on 15-12-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So how is telling people they shouldnt be pc not dictating the message?

You are telling me I can't convey the message I want...
edit on thTue, 15 Dec 2015 14:31:57 -0600America/Chicago1220155780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Surely you moderate your speech to some degree ? You have a filter - granted it may not be as sensitive as others but you have one none the less.

edit on 145021171512bTue, 15 Dec 2015 14:35:15 -0600pmth0000001200000015 by UmbraSumus because: spelling issue

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ketsuko

How do we do that then? Wishful thinking?

PS: I snipped the parts of your post I didn't care about and found irrelevant to what I'm asking. I mean #, do you guys HONESTLY think I don't know what political correctness is? Why the need to try to educate me on what you think it is?.

Because you're acting purposefully obtuse and making an issue out of it to avoid the discussion points we bring up?

In order to defang a thing like PC, you have to discuss why it exists, what it is and why so much power is put behind it. In other words, exactly the things you snip as "irrelevant."

If you really aren't interested in getting rid of it but instead moaning about people who don't like it, perhaps this should have been a rant instead?

link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

And that is fair, that shouldn't be happening.
Where did that happen at?

link   

a reply to: woodwardjnr

You're right. In the real world, I would ignore you.
ignore me here then, please?

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Krazyshot, you are the epitome of what's wrong with PC culture.

You are shouting people down telling them that the message they have isn't right while your definition of PC is the one and only...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join