It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun shop owner selling 'Muslim Free Zone' signs in Florida

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Between Vietnam and now the idea that the US lost the war in Vietnam weighed heavily on some people. They invented T-shirts I saw enough of them, they read "Bomb Hanoi, better late than never".

Big deal.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

That sign is actually Anti-American.

The United States was founded on religious freedom and tolerance.

$20 says the dude has a white hood in his closet.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You are assuming I intended it as an insult. It was just an observation. If observable events are insulting to you perhaps you should change your observable events. Should I ever intend to insult you, you wont have to assume. But I prefer not to. Nice twist on the immigration statements. Not surprising though.

Fist you say he assumes all muslims are terrorists. Then you say he doesn't know whether they are or not, so refusing to sell guns to them is racist. Why call it racist instead of cautious? You insist on portraying him as evil. And if he sells a gun to a muslim who turns out to be one of the bad guys how long do you think it will take people to say it was his fault for selling the gun to a potential terrorist? Who is going to defend him for not being a racist bigot when that happens? I can hear it now, "Yeah, he sold a gun to a terrorist, but he wasn't a bigot or a racist." Uh huh...that will happen.

Can you not see the difference? Its a choice between hurt feelings and lives. The hurt feelings are a definite, the lives are a maybe. I still choose the lives over the feelings. You can get over hurt feelings. You cant get over being dead.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Do you even see the irony I wonder. For example people love to hate Judaism it's ok to say what ever you like to them there religion is evil. We see this from the left constantly yet someone hates Islam and they are card carrying members of the KKK. As if that makes any sense anyway. The double standards people have amazes me they don't break something with the contortions they have to perform
edit on 12/13/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm unaware of anyone from the left picketing "Christian Free Zone" on their front lawn. The real irony is that these signs are actually worse than useless. If anything, they paint a target on the person who buys one.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: network dude

You're a piece of work aren't you? Choose to ignore this? No, as seen in my OP, I've been following this story since it went live in July, well before that thread you hate so much from NLBS. Maybe you should choose option A and ignore this thread altogether.

Btw, you are aware NLBS is also doing a video about Left Wing Extremism but I'm sure you'll call that thread just as ignorant too right? There's no way you'll be snickering and cheering it on, right?

Why is this such a big deal for you? it's one of those things that would be ignored by most if you didn't bring it up. So I suppose the guy who did this is pleased to have you advertising for him. Nice job.

And it was the title of that thread that enraged most I think. The smug, "that's right we said it", knowing the the writer and site owner are liberals, it just came out as antagonistic. Served it's purpose well, like your thread did. Except it was the gun owner trolling you. And you bit, and continue to bite.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
bigots are ugly things and best avoided. it's thoughtful of them to lable their lairs for us with bright red signs.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
I don't get it? The sign says "This home is a Muslim free zone" I mean, are Muslims going around trying to preach to people on the doorstep or are they gaining entry to people's homes by pretending to be Christian and then revealing that they're really Muslim?

I don't get the context.

Stupid does not require context or to make any sense... but still will sell..

Signs are apparently supposed to work opposite from what they say, just check history about 'Billy Goat Tavern'.

When the 1944 Republican National Convention came to town, he posted a sign saying "No Republicans allowed," causing the place to be packed with Republicans demanding to be served.

Source: wiki

I guess, if his marketing works the same way, he hopes to sell guns to Muslims...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is so stupid I don't even know what to say.

I once went gun shopping for AK style rifles with an Iranian friend. He happened to have a lot of knowledge as, at the time, I didn't know anything about AK pattern rifles.

He is Muslim.

Stop the hate.

You're Muslim friend knows the inside and outs of AK 47s?? Shocker. Is this post supposed to be pro muslim??

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

I once went gun shopping for AK style rifles with an Iranian friend. He happened to have a lot of knowledge as, at the time, I didn't know anything about AK pattern rifles.

He is Muslim.

Stop the hate.

You're Muslim friend knows the inside and outs of AK 47s?? Shocker. Is this post supposed to be pro muslim??

Bigot

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Out of curiosity, how many Americans know the inns and outs of various sorts of firearms?

Thought so.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No they aren't. You should think before you spew garbage. Or can you show me where these are being advertised as a security device?

Look at the picture before making stupid remarks.

It clearly says protect your home this implies it is a protection device. Even home security agencies like Brinks aren't stupid enough to say protect your home with this sign.

Protect your home! Could be a statement, "friendly" instruction or advice. It doesn't say "this will protect your home, gaurenteed up to 1 muslim attack per year or your money back!" Details and such.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

For a business owner, taking a political or personal belief stance and publicizing it, affects your business. Not everyone prescribes to the same beliefs, so by putting up that sign he's offending potential customers. Not just Muslims but people who perceive it as bigotry. People who are offended will take their business elsewhere. I would think he's in the business of making money, not turning away customers.

The guy should take a class in Marketing 101.

Marketing 101, "any publicity is good publicity." Not always true mind you, but hell I wouldn't have ever heard of this clown without this.
edit on 14-12-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Seriously, who gives a sh1t? The same people all wee-wee'd up over this are just as scared of the sign maker as those scared of muslims. People look for anything to cause a stir over...get over it and mind your own.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Lanisius because: n/a

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lanisius

I'm pretty sure the Muslims will give a sh*t. The Muslims that ISIS will then take the opportunity to recruit.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

I'm pretty sure the Muslims will give a sh*t. The Muslims that ISIS will then take the opportunity to recruit.

If a muslim joins ISIS over a yard sign ... A YARD SIGN ... then most likely that muslim was emotionally unstable, religiously insecure & looking for any excuse to become radicalized. You must also live in fear of muslims.

My views are made fun of, minimized and discarded in all areas of visual media everyday yet I have zero desire to join any group that acts out in violence against those who oppose. You're absolutely insane if you desire to do so.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It's not just the sign. It's cumulative. The sign is part of the problem, not the whole problem.
If I poked you once you'd be a bit irritated but wouldn't really care.
If I poked you a ten thousand times, repeatedly, at exact one second intervals, you'd probably try to shoot me.
If I spit on your brother.
If I firebombed your mother's cafe.
If I made your sister fear walking the street.

The ones who join were probably a little bit bad to begin with, true. But the badness has to be nurtured, it doesn't just suddenly sprout forth.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

My world views have been cumulatively "poked" at since I knew what my world views were, as yours have been too. Violence has never been a thought to remedy that. I've grown exhausted of the PC, overly sensitive world its become. People form in large crowds & chant "death to america" in places all over the world. Do you want to join a group to take them out?

That stupid yard sign is basically saying "I'm not a muslim" and you think that's just cause for someone to join ISIS? Instead of railing the sign maker how about we address the ridiculous sensitivity of those who would promote violence because of it? To me that stupid yard sign is no different than people who wear shirts that say "Infidel" on them. A lot of our military members sport them, I've seen them all over the DC area and in certain fitness communities as well.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Lanisius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

He is Muslim.

Stop the hate.

Yes, like me he was a political refugee. He came here from Iran, and I came here from Costa Rica(my parents escaped Cuba so I got refugee status). Like me he grew up in the United States. Like me he became an avid firearms enthusiast. I preferred ARs and he was more interested in the AK platform. We became friends and we taught each other the ins and outs of our preferred weapon systems.

He helped me figure out what to look for in a quality AK. He introduced me to Arsenal Bulgaria AKs. He was NOT a terrorist. Like me he didn't know anything but being an American. For god sakes he was a goth kid like me. Yes, a MUSLIM GOTH KID. Can you imagine?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm unaware of anyone from the left picketing "Christian Free Zone" on their front lawn. The real irony is that these signs are actually worse than useless. If anything, they paint a target on the person who buys one.

So you admit Muslims are a problem then since you seem to think they are going to go after this person??

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join