It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Suing Museum for Exhibiting Paintings Depicting Jesus as White Because That’s Racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Anosognosia

Stop lying? When did I say South Park was political correct? I see you're confused so I'll write it again, South Parks obsession with PC this season, which introduced PC principal, began with Caitlyn Jenner.

No, it's obvious that PC is has been hyped up recently and it's not because you think PC has reach extremism levels. So please, how about you stop lying because we all know you haven't been fighting against political correctness for a long time. Well, unless you've been a college student for a couple of decades then maybe I will believe you.

Thanks for proving my point. Alluding to the fact that colleges have been the breeding ground for PC extremists proves you know it has been going on for a long time.

Next time don't make it so easy okay sport?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Social Justice Warriors are the downfall of humanity

horseshoe theory sums it up

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: Anosognosia
a reply to: Swills

I understood all of it. No need to start with the passive aggressive personal attacks.

He said:

If you're a Christian based on what his skin color was then you shouldn't really be Christian

What does that have to do with this post? Please do tell.

Passive aggressive personal attacks? Read into posts much? He was on topic and no one is being aggressive. So you pick one sentence out of his entire post and attack him? Hello pot, meet kettle.

That quote has everything to do with the story in the OP. For you, I'll copy and paste the article from the NY Post and maybe this time you'll get it.

A Manhattan man is suing the Met, claiming it’s committing sacrilege by depicting Jesus as a blond.

“Racist” paintings portraying Christ as an “Aryan” male should be removed from the walls of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Justin Renel Joseph argues in his Manhattan Supreme Court lawsuit.

The masterpieces are “offensive aesthetic whitewashing” of the reality that the Savior, as a native of the Middle Eastern region, had “black hair like wool and skin of bronze color,” says Joseph, 33, who is acting as his own lawyer.

I didn't realize I had to pick more than one sentence to prove he was off topic. This was about this lawsuit being ridiculous and beyond PC. Not about the ethics of Christianity.

As an agnostic I find religion revolting, but will fight for people to believe what they want.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I put this right up there with Christians crying about the "War on Christmas".

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I would like to ask this guy how Jesus was as a person and close friend.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
People need to realize that cases like these are not common. These are the exception, not the norm.

These stories are sensationalized to justify and confirm the biases of people who believe their religion, way of life, ethnic background or creed is somehow "under attack".

Lawsuits and stories such as this give people an example to point at, nod their heads and confirm to one another that the world is out for them and their way of life.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
all of us dont know if jesus even existed cut the crap.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I didn't know Jesus be weaving.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Lysergic because: whoa black jesus is larger than white jesus holy ghost resize skyman

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Difference is most you idiots believe this guy even existed to begin with. Not to mention the old testiment jesus discription

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The defense attourney and judge should order the plaintiff to produce photographic evidence that Jesus wasn't white. What? You can't? Case dismissed, plaintiff charged with wanton waste of state resources and filing false claims, fine equivalent to 100% of his personal assets.

For get Jesus being white how about if he was even real, and Jesus is black I saw he him on cable.

edit on 9-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Social Justice Warriors are the downfall of humanity

horseshoe theory sums it up

Hey hay hay we all recognize bs when we see it so don't try and turn this into a political thing, left vs right because I can just as easily pull up many things social injustice warriors said and done.
Martin Luther King as well as his name sake from the late middle ages great examples of social justice warriors.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Looselungjones

Difference is most you idiots believe this guy even existed to begin with. Not to mention the old testiment jesus discription

You might be able to sue the belivers for causing you emo-stress.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Did they not provide him with a "Safe Place" and "Counseling"?

Ought to be arrested for a frivolous law suit!

Who was hurt and what damage other than his fragile mindset was damaged?

Big government is grand isn't it?

and when he loses, he won't get a participation medal either.
He's going to be offended yet again

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Those posts were here before Trump.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Or maybe, people have a focus for their discontent with the state of some things?

You can only push people so far before they get tired of it, and a lot of people have been pushed very, very far over the past 8 years on matters like this. PC and other social engineering items intended to somehow referee a so-called "perfect" society is becoming stifling.

It has gotten so you can't even enter or exit a room without worrying about how someone else might perceive your actions. They might be "microaggressing" if you don't share skin color/religion/socio-economic status/gender or some other perceived divisive factor with that person.

This atmosphere has created by both PC and progressivism. It is not tolerant and it is not utopia. And if people are getting fed up with it, it's all to the better. I'm tired of everyone else in the room judging my every breath through the lens of their own personal grievances, especially when doing so gives them power over my life.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I only assume colleges are known for being PC because of South Park.

Seriously, no one believes you are fighting PC in your everyday life.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

He wasn't off topic, you're just offended for whatever reason and/or can't comprehend what he wrote.

The man suing is upset because Religion, and he's a moron.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Looselungjones

I'm pretty sure there are Roman records that prove he existed. Those records don't talk about miracles or him being the son of God though.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

No they weren't. I'm on ATS daily and it wasn't until the arrival of Trump did I notice many posters going over board with the term PC.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Nope. Many of us were sick of it long before Trump started.....uh...trumpeting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join