It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Ted Cruz vaults into first place in new Iowa poll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Republican Ted Cruz vaults into first place in new Iowa poll

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz has taken the lead in the early-voting state of Iowa, surpassing both Donald Trump, who holds the lead in most national surveys, and Ben Carson, who has scored strongly in the state in recent months, according to a Monmouth University poll released on Monday. The poll of likely caucus-goers in Iowa, which in February 2016 will hold the first contest in the Republican presidential nomination process, Cruz had the support of 24 percent.

Way to go Ted!!! It looks like preaching fear and hate the Muslims while pushing for a Christian theocracy is the winning combo in Iowa. The Donald will be most unhappy about this so Ted better get ready because now he will be in Trumps cross-hairs. Personally I'm waiting for Trump to start the birther cry about Cruz.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

To the folks that voted for Ted Cruz, this is his father promoting theocracy:

Meanwhile once Ted Cruz is power I'm pretty sure he will go after atheists and other people he deems 'undesirable' since according to one person in a comment in another youtube video about Ted Cruz since he is the type of person to do that given the chance.
edit on 7-12-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Sorry....that Monmouth poll is debatable. A CNN poll shows something different.

www.cnn.com...

The Monmouth poll interviewed a sample drawn from registered voter lists that primarily comprised those who had voted in state-level Republican primary elections in previous election years. Among those voters, Monmouth found Cruz and Rubio ahead of Trump and Carson. Among voters who were not regular GOP primary voters, however, the poll found Trump ahead, similar to the CNN/ORC poll's finding.

The CNN/ORC Poll drew its sample from Iowa adults, asking those reached about their intention to participate in their caucus, interest in news about the caucuses, and past participation patterns to determine who would be a likely voter.

But still, Trump's lead holds even among only those voters who express the most interest in attending the caucus or the most regular past participation in presidential caucuses. Among those in the CNN/ORC poll who say they definitely plan to attend the caucuses and are more interested in news about them than any other news story -- a group which represents approximately 8% of Iowa adults -- Trump's lead grows to a 42% to 23% advantage over Cruz, with Rubio at 11% and Carson at 9%.

edit on 7-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Not surprising.

Cruz has spent a lot of time in Iowa courting the evangelicals and Catholics. His campaign (or PAC) has put a lot of money in to ads running on Catholic radio as well in Iowa and surrounding states.

That's important because in certain areas of the midwest, Right-Wing radio stations have been shuffled around or completely shut down and Catholic radio has filled the void for those that need a propaganda fix.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Sorry....that CNN poll is debatable. A Monmouth poll shows something different. /sarcasm/

All polls are debatable, all polls differ. No poll is infallible or absolute.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Well, it looks like everyone will need to vote for Hillary then.
Anything would be better than this guy.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: queenofswords

Sorry....that CNN poll is debatable. A Monmouth poll shows something different. /sarcasm/

All polls are debatable, all polls differ. No poll is infallible or absolute.

Examine the methods. Some polls tend to be more accurate and credible than others.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Is it still too soon to say I told you so?

I just can't wait to see him debate Hilary. Ten bucks says she breaks down crying.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Iowa is a hotbed of fanatics apparently. That's where Cruz was 'anointed king' in 2013 by a bunch of wingnut hate mongering dominionists. That's also where Kevin Swanson's anti-LGBT conference was (the one that Cruz, his father, Huckabee and Jindal all spoke at) a month ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I'm an infidel non-believer, and while not a citizen of the united states, I must say I'd rather live under a Ted Cruz theocracy than under a Colonel Sanders presidency.

A 10% tithe and forced into mass on sundays doesn't seem so bad compared to 70% or more in taxes.

Ten Commandments or Struggle sessions, I'll choose the good word every time.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Way too easy for Polls to be rigged. We all know it doesn't matter who votes, it's who counts the votes.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictoriaCromwell

I'm an infidel non-believer, and while not a citizen of the united states, I must say I'd rather live under a Ted Cruz theocracy than under a Colonel Sanders presidency.

A 10% tithe and forced into mass on sundays doesn't seem so bad compared to 70% or more in taxes.

And I would choose the Constitution over the ten commandments everytime. Try studying up on the founders of this nation they knew first hand just how bad it gets when politics and religion mixes together. Don't believe it? Just look at the middle east.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ugh.

I don't think he will get far though and I really hope I'm not wrong about that.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There just aren't any words for this. How'd you find some? I feel like the most appropriate thing to respond with is noises and facial gestures.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Way too easy for Polls to be rigged. We all know it doesn't matter who votes, it's who counts the votes.
*** trumps a false flag*** I've got $100.00 on Hillary & she wont have my vote
The Electoral College consists of 538 electors. A majority of 270 electoral votes is required to elect the President.

she will win by ****populace vote**** while all the sheep just stand there and watch trump make a fool out of congress

las Vegas has Hillary on the top highest bet for the win she being real out of the lights watching trump run all Muslims and Mexicans out of the country the president doesn't have that kind of power he needs a clown costume.........

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictoriaCromwell

That's because anything central of left of centre you strictly oppose...

It has nothing to do with Logic and everything to do with political affiliation.

You're a party voter, not a policies voter.

Cruz is a turd, and there you are trying to polish him. How laughable.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Cruz is a turd

Mind if I ask why you feel this way?

I like Ted mainly because of 2 reasons:
1. I believe he's an honest man.
2. A Ted Cruz presidency costs me the least of my hard earned money.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Mind if I ask why you feel this way?

I really don't have all day with this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's a good start.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm not worried about Cruz OR Trump. Neither will get the nomination. The voters are still having fun and having fun with the pollsters as well. No one is serious and many people are voting for the most outrageous guy just because they want to "make a statement."

But when it comes time to start picking delegates people will be looking for someone they think can actually do the job, not just be a wind bag. That's when the barter and trade process will begin and the candidates will get serious.

This stuff is just for S&G's. Enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat

Well, it looks like everyone will need to vote for Hillary then.
Anything would be better than this guy.

No way I vote for Hillary.

Why not vote for a 3rd party candidate? I probably will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join