It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kirtland afb, nm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Anybody hear about whats going on at Kirtland by the mountains? There are some rumors/facts that are passing around my friends and I. Some can be confirmed some cannot. Just curious if anybody knows anything about kirtland.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Dont know any rumors but kirtland has been talked about on many occasions use the search function thats why its there and good luck hope you find what you need

Link

[edit on 5-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by klooney
Anybody hear about whats going on at Kirtland by the mountains? There are some rumors/facts that are passing around my friends and I. Some can be confirmed some cannot. Just curious if anybody knows anything about kirtland.

Yes, there is quite a bit going on at Sandia National Laboratories/Kirtland AFB, I hear that they are processing vagueness into full blown ambiguity. This is based purely on "rumors/facts" and therefore the veracity is completely refutable... But I digress...

Indeterminate Monkeys, not just for obfuscation anymore�

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Why are you asking us? If the rumours are passing around your friends and yourself, then surley you already know what they are

So come on, let us in on them.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I will as the time comes just want to see if anybody knows anything so that I wont sound like a complete moron. There are things on Kirtland which are not visible to the naked eye. I will post again later tonight have some things to do

[edit on 5-1-2005 by klooney]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Like ShadowMan's link shows there has been lots of posts about Krikland on ATS. I know that I looked into quite a few of them when the last Game was on "Dr Jim" as I was one of the ones thinking the pictures and clues pointed in that direction.

But which of the other topics do your rumors fall under? Looking forward to seeing what you have to add to the topic.

jm

btw the search function can be your best friend.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
okay sorry I didnt get to this last night. I have confirmed through several people who work on the base that there is an underground tunnel system that runs down south to white sands. I have also confirmed that in the past the mountains that are part of the base holds a large amount of missiles(more than any other place in the US) but do not know if they are still there. The DOE on base is also doing laser testing for an on board laser (probably know this one) there is also a large highly polished mirror which uses the suns rays to burn holes in certain objects like satellites, this is also confirmed. And not to count the numerous space observatories on the base, this is what I have found out so far hopefully there are some new things and I am continuously learning more.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
"The ABL program is managed by the Missile Defense Agency and is executed by the U.S. Air Force from Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, N.M.

The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman are working closely with the Air Force and the Missile Defense Agency to develop ABL."

Airbore flashlight?

www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"I have confirmed through several people who work on the base that there is an underground tunnel system that runs down south to white sands."

Ree - dash - diculous.

The geology of the region is limestone and schist. Schist is undercooked granite. Same material, but didn't get heated up.

You can crumble the schist into sand with your fingers. The limestone isn't much better.

There is a river running through the valley between KAFB and WSMR. The Rio Grande. Surely you have heard of it?

The Rio Grande Valley is among the most seismically active regions in America. Hundreds of small - Richter 2.3 - quakes a year.

If you dug a tunnel through the rotten rock of the Rio Grande Valley, the tunnel would cave in and the Rio would drain into the tunnel.

The southernmost activity on KAFB, and the northernmost activity on WSMR, are high explosive test ranges.

Dig a tunnel through rotten rock, in a river valley that is seismically active, with high explosive test ranges at each end. Yeah, right.

Transportation between KAFB and WSMR is via I25.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
okay believe what you want to believe there is one, I have very good sources, I have even seen part of it in multiple places, I know various people who work undergroud.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well, for starters, the SOM1-01 Security Manual (UFO Retrieval Manual) is said to have been printed there, hehe....but wasn't sure that's what you were looking for...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
havent heard that one, but thanks for the info very interesting

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Did anyone read the article? It's pretty self explanitory and accurate. It's not a flashlight, it's a laser. Any Airman who works on the planes would know that Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin have been working with the military for years. There are no tunnels. I've been to kirtland, and it's a pretty lame base. I highly doubt that there's any top secret stuff there. The fact that kirtland shares it's runway with Albuquerque Intl Sunport is a joke. You need to find better "sources", and tell your friends to stop playing jokes on you. Wait, do something for me. If your sources are so good, I would like for you to tell me two things. What's the name of this laser system and what airframe is it going on? If you can provide with the correct answers, I'll believe you.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Kirtland AFB is (or at least was) one of the primary storage site for USAF tactical nuclear weapons. The southwestern portion of the base perimeter is a large bunker complex that house alot of specialized weaponry.

I spent many weeks TDY at Kirtland doing some special ops and became very friendly with the KUMSEC (Kirtland Underground Munitions Security) personnel. Although there is alot of real estate out there with alot of hidey-holes out in the mountainside, from what I could gather at the time the base was drawing down due to the reduction of nuclear warheads in the USAF inventory. Still, its a good place to go test new systems, as the base is relatively secure and not too far from WSMR and NTS.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You must not have seen much of kirtland then. And its not a flashlight at all, I have no idea where you came up with that. They do have a huge tower with a mirror on it used to reflect high concentrated sunlight. If you were to pay attention you would see the tower and Kirtland is by no means a lame base. For instance it holds the DOE and Sandia, not to include everything in the mountains and underground. Just because you stepped on Kirtland doesnt mean you know everything about it. My sources are airmen who work in a couple of different fields. I have seen things that prove what I said to be true, can you say the same thing?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Nirvana,
If you are implying that there is nothing underground at Kirtland, nor is there any TS activities, then you never saw (or were aware of) the whole scope of activities. And just because the base shares facilities with the commercial airport does not make it a "joke". If it is such a joke, why don't you take a stroll down the flightline some day and see just how far you make it before you get jacked up. Methinks your actual firsthand knowledge of the base is probably derived from a view from outside the fence.......

Please refer to page six of this document. It does a good job of describing the scope of nuclear-related activities at Kirtland.

BTW, the airborne laser aircraft you were probably asking to be named was called ARGUS. That aircraft was decomissioned in early 2002 due to lack of funds. See this article. It was a neat A/C, however, and I spent two weeks babysitting another aircaft in the ARGUS hanger while the ARGUS itself was out on deployment.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I've been to kirtland because I had a two week TDY there, and I hated every minute that I was there. I thought it sucked.

I know that if you cross over the red line instead of going through the ECP you will get "jacked up." How do I know? I work on the flightline.

As far as the flashlight incident is concerned, look at the entry that DrHoracid posted. He's the one that made the suggestion about an airborne flashlight.

Now, I may not know what is going on in kirtland, but that's because I don't have need-to-know. I may have the clearance, but that doesn't mean that I have know what's going there. I work with other shops on the same planes, but they have no idea what my system does. That's okay though because once again they don't need to know.

The system that I asked about actually is a classified system. Had someone answered my question correctly I would have liked to know how you found out about it. Because if civilians or other military personnel (who don't have a clearance) are being told classified materials by their military friends that is a huge violation.

If you really want to know what going on with the "mirror" watch the Discovery Channel. You might see a program about it. I know an Okinawan guy who knows quite alot our planes, and how certain systems work. When I asked how he knew, he told me that he learned about it by watching the Discovery Channel while he was in the states. Maybe even CNN.

I was upset when I wrote my last post so I'm sorry for pissing you off. Let's be serious though. If the information about the purpose of the mirror is classified then maybe you shouldn't pry too much. If it's classified and someone told you what it does then that individual has compromised the mission. If my plane got shot down by some terrorist because they got there hands on some classified info then I would like to know which individual compromised the mission and their integrity.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's 80 miles from the southernmost point of Kirkland to the northernmost point of the White Sands Missle Range. It's another 65 miles to Holloman.Air Force base. An 80 mile tunnel? A 145 mile tunnel?

No way, no how... would have been one of the biggest engineering feats in history.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
let me ask this Question. If there were tunnels from the base to the Lab. what purpose would it serve if they could just drive over land in the nite ?
after all it is a short distance of 80 miles around the mountain how ever if your privey it's shorter.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
KAFB or WSMR ? seems to me folks got the two mixed up. White Sands Missle Range. has alot going on right now includeing a new houseing subdivision. looks like there adding some new projects to fill the homes as well. just something else for ya to lose sleep over. how ever they are common homes not any anti gravity devise's built into these ones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join