It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Lives Matter!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Well, where is all the protesting for Native Americans. I mean, if bleeding heart liberal whites want to fight against injustice, I argue the real injustice has been done to the native population.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

Oh you, we have a road in canada that is called the road of tears, close to 60 native women have been abducted over the years, and most of the bodies have not been found, and yes they are bleeding heart liberals that go to ottawa to ask the parliment to educate and help the families of this sad story, we also finnaly make the government to help with money and social progams for the families that where affected by residential schools where children where taken from there families and beat and abused.

Is that good enough for you lol
edit on 5-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Thank you for mentioning the tragedy of Highway 16 in Northern BC.

It's a very long, lonely stretch of road, mostly through bush and what makes matters tough is that the small communities strung along its many miles lacks public transportation... there's no bus service, so kids visiting other kids in other villages hitchhike.

For that reason, it has been a 'hunting ground' for pedophiles and rapists and been renamed the Highway of Tears.

edit on 5/12/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
But the Highway of Tears is just one example of how Native American women and girls are hunted. It seems to be a national problem.

There are approximately 1200 missing and murdered cases of Native American females (there are males as well, but not counted in the reports), most of them unsolved and it has become a source of concern for many Canadians.

The last Conservative government refused to set up an inquiry into the matter for 10 years, but the new (bleeding heart
) Liberal government is going to tackle it if their election platform is to be believed. I hope so, because these women deserve to be accounted for.

Here's a story on it: www.thestar.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

So that's what that is. I'd wondered. But never remembered to ask someone who would know. Some of that grows right outside of town here. Ironically enough, right on the old Whitman Mission site.

There is no denying that the First Nations (I prefer that name), received a raw deal. Anyone who says differently isn't worth listening to...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

And nothing, except useless platitudes uttered, is done, I take it.

That's just sick.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I agree with that, considering alcohol is more harmful to the body than marijuana. Not to mention the effects it has on families. It's a shame people are being thrown in jail for having possession of the stuff. DUI of alcohol have killed more people than weed ever has.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
All lives matter in all if you wanna races but there is only one race the human race all this crap about colour, creed is rubbish no one is an ethnic minority we are all human we all have suffered weather it be religion, bigotry or anything else is crap. People need to stop wiping out other people becouse they might not look the same it is wrong and evil. All country's have done it in one form or another we no better than anyone. And stop saying ethnic minoritys coz that does not help.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

Of course all lives matter.

But it's plain fact that to some, some lives matter more than others.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

When Andrew Jackson said these words:

"Our conduct toward these people is deeply interesting to our national character. Their present condition, contrasted with what they once were, makes a most powerful appeal to our sympathies. Our ancestors found them the uncontrolled possessors of these vast regions. By persuasion and force they have been made to retire from river to river and from mountain to mountain, until some of the tribes have become extinct and others have left but remnants to preserve for awhile their once terrible names. Surrounded by the whites with their arts of civilization, which by destroying the resources of the savage doom him to weakness and decay, the fate of the Mohegan, the Narragansett, and the Delaware is fast overtaking the Choctaw, the Cherokee, and the Creek. That this fate surely awaits them if they remain within the limits of the states does not admit of a doubt. Humanity and national honor demand that every effort should be made to avert so great a calamity." -- Andrew Jackson

It was the beginnings of the 'Trail of Tears' and the relocation of First Nations into those areas not considered habitable by European settlers.

Canada had it's own 'Jackson'... his name was Duncan Campbell Scott and his aim was to 'take the indian out of indians' by assimilation (residential schools - bad juju). It was he who initiated the Indian Act, a hated document which continues to this day.

Both men loved the 'savage' and were moved by their plight and both, in their well-meaning actions, did more harm than good.
edit on 5/12/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What is the road to Hell paved/lined with?

Take the Indian out of the Indian... I've seen pictures of those children, and there's not a happy one in the bunch that I've ever seen.

There is much that my country should be ashamed of. This is right at the top.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

In Canada, the First Nations population is the country's fastest growing demographic, both on and off reserve. They now can count many professional people within their ranks (lawyers,politicians, writers, etc.). They are becoming a very vocal part of this country.

I don't know what it's like in America, but I can guarantee that what is happening north of the border will eventually also happen in the lower 48.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

To be honest, I don't keep track of that sort of thing, at all...

It wouldn't surprise me if the same sort of inroads are being made here, but I don't know.

It's a good thing to hear, though.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
you have to wonder why a statement like "native american lives matter" doesnt have people as up in arms as a statements like "black lives matter" hmm

is it because one group has kept relatively quiet about their injustices?

come on this thread needs more posts from all the outspoken individuals against any sort of movement without the term "white" in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join