It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania crawler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My father and I drove down south for Thanksgiving at his sister's home. The first day we were driving through Pennsylvania down to Virginia. There was a tractor trailer ahead of us in the right lane. I was idly watching out the window towards the right and saw the truck suddenly merge over into the left lane.

I thought that was strange since there was no cars in front of him that he would be passing and trucks generally stay over in the right side. Well, as that thought ran through my mind I saw the reason why the trucker had moved. There was some kind of creature in the road and I'll be darned if I know what it was. The upper body and head looked humanoid and the lower half was more bestial, it was a good size and fairly low to the ground. It was covered in a dark fur or skin. It was unsettling to see it move as it seemed to be dragging itself with its front legs/arms, but was moving fairly quick in the short time period I saw it.

That truck moved back over shortly after we were passed whatever that thing was.

Anyone know what that might have been>

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DaringDo

Sounds like some kind of animal that's been hit and dragging itself out of the road. How big would you say it was?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

and you didnt stop - because ???

but you expect us to " solve " this ??????????????

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Would you describe "bestial" a little more?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It would have been great to have a CB in your car to talk to that truck driver after you saw why he changed lanes. I wonder if there are any sightings reported about such an animal in Pennsylvania recently or in the past?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
That's where my brother got to, that filthy animal.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Anyone know what that might have been

My initial thought was that it was my mother-in-law.... but she was in Florida at the time.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
Good call friend! Process of elimination
apparently my brother was in Georgia so wasn't him either.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My initial thought was perhaps it was a deer that had been hit and was trying to drag itself off the road.
Other animals might be beaver or porcupine.
Nothing but humans with human looking heads in the animal kingdom here in North America.

Or it could have been a drunk wearing a fur coat.
You never know.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Or it could have been a drunk wearing a fur coat.

Now if we can narrow the area of Pennsylvania, I can possibly be of help. I know a few people that would fit that situation in the area just north of the Mason Dixon Line above where Maryland and W. Virginia overlap.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I like how everyone is making a joke and being disrespectful. Real classy... Totally original (ur mother in law is really hairy and ugly).

I believe u. I've seen some pretty crazy things while driving, as well. Once, me and a friend seen a buck or deer run across the road on its hind legs in the deep woods of eastern ky. It freaked us out, plenty. This happened years ago. What's interesting is that back in high school, my hippy friend told us that he kept seeing a kangaroo in the woods of his back yard. He seen it at least 5 times, and we all just assumed he was high or mistaken. But, looking back now, a kangaroo would closely resemble a deer walking on its back legs. Just recently I learned of the Native American legend of a wendigo, which is basically a buck that walks on its hind legs. And I've read a few similar accounts of such a creature on the Reddit no sleep sub forum that the search and rescue guy made.
edit on 3-12-2015 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've seen a coon that I ran over dragging himself away quickly with his front legs dragging his rear. I stopped to try and help him, but it was too vicious to mess with, even in it's injured state. Probably a 30 lb animal.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sounds exactly like a groundhog which are great in numbers throughout that area and they indeed will have their front shoulders and head raised above there bodies with the rear portion laid out flat behind them.
www.bing.com...
They do indeed try to drag themselves away after being hit.
Poor things never stand a chance they get hit all the time. Wish Dot would look at other things to plant roadside so they and many other species wouldnt frequent the roadside so much.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaringDo
*snip*The upper body and head looked humanoid and the lower half was more bestial, it was a good size and fairly low to the ground. It was covered in a dark fur or skin. It was unsettling to see it move as it seemed to be dragging itself with its front legs/arms, but was moving fairly quick in the short time period I saw it.
*snip*

Can you be more specific on the details? Exactly how large was this "creature" you saw? Was the size close to that of a person? When you say "humanoid", what was different, to not make you say the upper half looked human, instead of using "humanoid"? Was there fur on the upper half as well? Are you sure this wasn't a person struck by a car? Is there a reason you didn't stop? I know there can be safety issues, and just asking, not accusing or anything. How about length of limbs? Head shape? Any tail? Did you notice ears, or eyes? Nose or snout? Do you know in what area you saw it, and what the features are of that area? As in, urban or rural, any bodies of water close by, woods, etc? Weather conditions? Did anything about this make you want to report it?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What part of PA was this? I live in PA and I have many books about Cryptids of PA. Where in the Morrisons Cove area of Blair County, in the Martinsburg or Roaring Spring area? I know that there have been reportings of the "gumdrop" like creature that has arms and a face and is basically a walking gumdrip.

Were you in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country, near York or Lancaster? There's reports of albatwitches there, which are supposedly like bigfoot but smaller.

Now obviously like others have said, it very easily could've been something that got hit by a car, and was still alive.

join