It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered in Jerusalem.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: Marduk

well, abraham, who allegedly was sumerian wouldve known about the epic of gilgamesh.
Moses, being his great, great, great, great, great grandson wouldve know the family tradition as well

Were that the case, you would expect aspects of Gilgamesh like the bull s# world wide flood scenario to have appeared in writing prior to the Hebrew people being held in captivity in Babylon right? Yet it doesn't appear until ~400 BPE. But no... It wasn't until those wascily wabbi's were forced to be scribes and had access to Babylonian and Sumerian documents that any of it appears in huge Hebrew lexicon. So odd that is...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

because nearly all scrolls and records were put to flame as a result of the captivity

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

because nearly all scrolls and records were put to flame as a result of the captivity

Making it up as you go along...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

And I would correct you simply by saying people who think they know better.
I remain completely unconvinced by your false knowledge and I have a person
who never lied in his 33 years on earth as a go to. Match your knowledge with
him.

Everybody lies, its part of the human condition
So you are basically claiming that Jesus wasn't human
well done

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

You're really reaching with this line of reasoning. Especially when there is a point of reference prior to the destruction of the first Temple in the Ketef Hinnom which predates the Babylonian captivity by just over 60 years if I remember correctly. It shows quite clearly that the Pentateuch had yet to be a properly canonized entity during the First Temple period. The Pentateuch was not written, canonized or remotely what is seen today until AFTER the Hebrew people were released from bondage and allowed to return to the Levant. This is a fact. There pieces of Exodus, Deuteronomy, Daniel and Nehemiah are not the same as we see after their Babylonian adventure had come to a conclusion. You don't get to make up stories with no basis in fact because the truth is inconvenient for you.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

You don't get to make up stories with no basis in fact because the truth is inconvenient for you.

Lying for his faith, who would have thought it

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

well, abraham, who allegedly was sumerian wouldve known about the epic of gilgamesh.
Moses, being his great, great, great, great, great grandson wouldve know the family tradition as well

I see, so what you're saying is that the Sumerian flood stories are the originals and the Biblical ones are copies, so Noah didn't exist, neither did any of his sons, or any of their descendants, well that clears up how we got different races all from a Semitic sailor in less than 4000 years

great, got it thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

In a million years, it never would have crossed my mind that such could be the case!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

In a million years, it never would have crossed my mind that such could be the case!

Yup, thanks to the Christian for the insight, I didn't even know that the church was teaching that, I should find out who his pastor is to send my congrats for finally catching up to where academia was 145 years ago

edit on 5-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

even the Torah says the flood was not necesasarily a global one. it definitely obliterated the middle east to the black sea
Heres some sciency stuff to mull over
Moreover, biblical heroes and villians have many names. For instance Moses had a bout ten names. King Solomon about half a dozen. Noah could have been Atra-hasis, Gilgamesh, Deucalion, Ogyges, Cessair, Bergelmir, Väinämöinen, etc....

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

the fragmentary nature of those ketef hinom discoveries makes it impossible to compare to todays scrolls

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Everybody lies, its part of the human condition
So you are basically claiming that Jesus wasn't human
well done

Wait, we agree on something? That's cool then and Marduk if
I've insulted you in any way I apologize. Passionate subject
matter here and all.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

even the Torah says the flood was not necesasarily a global one. it definitely obliterated the middle east to the black sea
Heres some sciency stuff to mull over
Moreover, biblical heroes and villians have many names. For instance Moses had a bout ten names. King Solomon about half a dozen. Noah could have been Atra-hasis, Gilgamesh, Deucalion, Ogyges, Cessair, Bergelmir, Väinämöinen, etc....

And here's a page from creation.com that says Ballard got it wrong,
creation.com...
I mean, its well known that he got it wrong, because as I showed earlier, the truth of the great flood can be found in the literature of Mesopotamia, where the earliest story is a riverine flood and the Ark is a raft, the flood and the Ark get bigger with each retelling. This is a proven fact, don't waste your time denying it because it just shows you are ignorant of the facts...

like where you claim that Noah could have been Gilgamesh, which shows you've never even read Gilgamesh, yet here you are trying to draw conclusions on it.

The Mesopotamian flood stories predate the actual date of the Biblical flood of Noah, so Noah wasn't any of them, they were all fictional characters in a fictional story about a flood, the flood of Noah was supposed to be a global flood that happened during the height of several civilisation, who all carried on unaffected.

There's no evidence for a great global flood, its about time you accepted the facts

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Wait, we agree on something? That's cool then and Marduk if
I've insulted you in any way I apologize. Passionate subject
matter here and all.

Its not passionate for me, religion is something that an immature species which is emerging from tribalism needs to reach the next step in evolution..
I can see the steps and I don't get insulted by discussion, I have no dog in this race, I'm not debating you, I'm educating everyone else

So if Jesus wasn't human, then he couldn't die for your sins as a human either, you've still got those and you're all going to Hell

edit on 5-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Thousands upon thousands of underwater villages from that time era would seem to disagree with you

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So if Jesus wasn't human, then he couldn't die for your sins as a human either, you've still got those and you're all going to Hell

They'd just kick me right back out for prasing his name down there!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I'm not attacking you or anything, is just a curiosity of Christianity thats all.
Jesus very clearly says in Matthew that he has not come to change even one iota of the Old Testament.
That being said why doesn't the Pope and the rest of Christendom give up bacon?.
Surely Jesus is more powerful than bacon?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You want an answer from me?
dash I'm just as lost on somethings as anyone else. That's
just one of them.

source

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The thing is about uncertainties of this variety is that, one should be sure that the choice they make in the face of uncertainty will not be the incorrect one.
for instance the Old Testament clearly says that there is only one Creator and he had no partners.
it also says that the Creator is the ultimate judge of all.
The very first commandment states that G-d is the one who took the Jews out of Egypt. jesus did not take the Jews out of Egypt.
furthermore, to believe that the Supreme Being it can take physical form runs contrary to the idea of supreme being.
A supreme being in essence would be everything and every time and every place and much more then a human puny brain can describe or conceive.
Ancient Jewish hippie Carpenter is hardly what can be described as a supreme being.
The Old Testament pretty clearly says that there need not be any intercessor for a creation to seek out and communicate with their Creator.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm sure the uncertainty doesn't matter.
And I have to be careful at this point we seem to going way off topic.
edit on Rpm10516v15201600000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join