It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Mars Rovers actually in Canada?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
The GuineaSquirrel is not alone on Mars... err Canada.

Interesting. Do you have a link to the original picture?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

Or the correct answer: they is a rover driving on Mars taking photos of rocks that some people seem not to be able to distinguish from animals.

Well there's one other thing I'm really confused about.

Take the picture of the rock that looks like a bone:

Nasa has commented on that picture on their website:

No bones about it! Seen by Mars rover Curiosity using its MastCam, this Mars rock may look like a femur thigh bone. Mission science team members think its shape is likely sculpted by erosion, either wind or water.

If life ever existed on Mars, scientists expect that it would be small simple life forms called microbes. Mars likely never had enough oxygen in its atmosphere and elsewhere to support more complex organisms. Thus, large fossils are not likely.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

So first they make a factual statement: No bones about it! But then the rest of their explanation is more nuanced. They say they think Mars likely never had enough oxygen and "large fossils are not likely" or "scientists expect"....

The fact of the matter is, we know quite a bit about Earth and about Earth's history when it comes to our climate and our atmosphere. Most of this knowledge comes from digging deep into the Earth and examining soil layers and fossils and from collecting ice cores from deep down the arctic icesheets.

We have not done this type of research on Mars. We are able to make educated guesses about the history of Mars, but we can not be 100% sure what Mars looked like thousands or millions of years ago. To get good data on that we will at least need to drill some ice cores on Mars.

So you send a rover all the way to Mars and spend large sums of money to do this. You send a rover to do scientific research and equip it with certain instruments, like an almost indestructable drill. But then you drive by something that looks like a bone and then you just ASSUME that particular thing must be a rock and can not be a bone since that doesn't fit your theories??

That is NOT science. If there are real scientists operating the rover, they would definitely stop at the rock that looks like a bone and just check it out. That's why the rover is there! Just check out the rock that looks like a bone!

In science you come up with a theory and then you do groundwork in the field to either confirm the theory or try to disprove it. Science is about collecting DATA. Science is not about making assumptions and then refusing to do experiments because they don't fit your theories.

We don't know for a fact that Mars never harbored more advanced lifeforms. So why not examine the rock that looks like a bone? That just does not make any sense.....
edit on 1-12-2015 by Neill887 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is big!
Unless this is all untrue, which I doubt, this is exactly what Deny Ignorance is all about.

So either,
- They can't get to Mars and fake it to justify funding.
Or,
- They are already on Mars and they want to hide it.

Just what the hell is there on Mars? I've heard many claims of actually teleporting to Mars which are hard to believe in at first glance, but at this point, I have no idea.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
how does this crap get speculated?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Another interesting thing I found is the following. This is a color calibration sundial:

Color-correct sundial as photographed on Earth at Cornell University
Picture source: cornell.edu

I've read that the picture below is a rarity among tens of thousands of rover images. NASA has provided us with this color, hi- res image from Mars:

Source:
mars.nasa.gov...

Zoomed in:

On the right you can see the color calibration sundial from the Mars picture.

Reference charts for color calibration are mounted on all Mars' spacecraft since the days of Viking. There should be no fiddling with "tint" in color images when you have color reference tabs.

So why is the color calibration sundial in the Mars picture so red? Why are the colors off? This should not happen when you have the color reference chart??

To summarize:

www.goroadachi.com...

edit on Tue Dec 1 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: source added

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

So the only reason would be if those colors are falsified, like pushing a mostly blue picture into the red spectrum.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i keep reading whats the point in going to mars its useless blah blah blah. i mean COME ON we are humans, we are explorers, so what if its dessolate and barren its not earth its another F***ING PLANET lol thats more than enough reason to go there for me. and im a firm believer that we went to the moon and we have rovers on mars and am open to the possability that weve been back to the moon at least since the last mission for "other" reasons lol

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Neill887

Why?

Why would they bother?

There is no reason to invent this lie and spread it to the people!

Interesting Idea... but for me the Rover is on the Red Planet, Not in Canada!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Why?

Why would they bother?

There is no reason to invent this lie and spread it to the people!

You don't think that scientific inquiry and transparency in our society have to take a backseat to military strategic interests?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Alright, this is getting ridiculous!! That is a fuzzy little critter of some sort, NOT a rock!! We also have the "mouse" pics, discussed in another thread, and the domes, and other pics with unexplained oddities that they always, ALWAYS, claim are "just rocks".

Either they are blind, or are lying about what's on Mars, or these pics aren't from Mars at all. I lean more toward the second, but who knows?

What we need is someone in Canada to go to likely areas, take a lot of pics, and start comparing. If the pics can be matched, it's a done deal. I suspect they won't match, though. I think NASA Is concealing the truth about Mars.

Either way great find. Yet another weird Mars pic! My kids all said, not knowing where the pic was, that it was an animal. Then I told then where the pic was supposedly taken. The looks were priceless!!

You can see the lighter fur around the eye, the paw, the ear, the shoulder slope, everything. Wow.

Either they admit they are lying, or they need to admit there are animals on Mars, already.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brainiac

It is a mindset. You will never be able to defeat it. Some people have far too much time on their hands and reality simply goes out the door. They see conspiracy in everything. Some of them do it purely for the attention and the fame they get on a thread. Look at all the stars the OP has generated on this ridiculous theory! It is like trying to debate with the flat earthers or Moon landing hoaxers!
edit on 1/12/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Maybe you can get ATS to send a research team.

adventures.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

originally posted by: Brainiac

It is a mindset. You will never be able to defeat it. Some people have far too much time on their hands and reality simply goes out the door. They see conspiracy in everything. Some of them do it purely for the attention and the fame they get on a thread. Look at all the stars the OP has generated on this ridiculous theory! It is like trying to debate with the flat earthers or Moon landing hoaxers!

Well, let's shed some light on my "mindset".

To start off with, I used to think the whole UFO-phenomenon was a bunch of nonsense together with a lot of other conspiracy theories. Up to 5 years ago, I would sometimes make fun of people of people online because they were so dumb and misled to take UFOs seriously.

And then I started to pay attention and leave my emotional investment in the paradigm I was living in, at the door. When I first discovered there was a serious side to the UFO-phenomenon, by watching the Disclosure Project for the first time, I was literally shocked and couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing. The next month I started researching that topic more to make sure the Disclosure Project was a bunch of nonsense. But the more I read, the more serious info I found. Yes, there's also a lot of nonsense out there, but there are definitely true facts on which some conspiracy theories are based.

After one month of diving into the UFO-subject I suddenly got very angry and pissed off and wished I had never paid any attention to the subject. I wanted my old paradigm back! And then the next day my curiosity kicked back in and I have been studying the subject ever since.

It took me almost 2 years to speak about the subject with one of my best friends. That's how ashamed I was for looking into a supposed ridiculous subject seriously. And it took me almost 5 years to start talking about the UFO subject more openly with other friends and colleagues for instance. That's how much I doubted myself and how much I feared ridicule.

So please spare me the nonsense about attention and fame. I have better things to do with my life then being on the internet, anonymously looking for attention.

Sometimes I still wish I could go back to my old paradigm. That neatly ordered paradigm where things were way more predictable and I felt way more in control. From reading your post it seems that's still the paradigm you're in.

And when speaking about the subject in this thread, I believe I have offered some interesting facts and a good hypothesis about why the rovers might possibly be used as a smokescreen. All I'm doing is questioning things and I'm open to new information and opinions from skeptics and I've responded in a polite manner to everyone here.

For you to say "it's just a mindset" is way too easy... I could say the same about you and we would be getting nowhere.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

If you look close enough, you can find faces, animals, structures almost everywhere in these pics

Seriously... even if that were a guinea-squirrel in Canada or on Mars, it's front arm is coming almost straight out of it's neck and the legs are too short to support that long body. But, who knows how life evolves on Mars/Canada. ( CanaMars?)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Seriously... even if that were a guinea-squirrel in Canada or on Mars, it's front arm is coming almost straight out of it's neck and the legs are too short to support that long body. But, who knows how life evolves on Mars/Canada. ( CanaMars?)

When I first saw that picture come by, I was also put off by the seemingly short limb. The reason why I started looking into this again is the connection between Devon Island and the Mars Society and the lemmings living there in that cold arctic region. They evolved to have short limbs because of the cold there.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The GuineaSquirrel is not alone on Mars... err Canada.

Lol, I didn't even notice that this was the original picture from the openingpost with the "lemming"

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

From the same picture, different section -

One looks earth-style, and the other like one of those crystal skulls, with the elongated back.

Rocks?

Maybe, but maybe not.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Of course you can, but that's expected. Looking around the pic further, saw a lot of that. This is a bit more, though. The lighter fur around the eye alone is telling. Paw, ear, and shoulder all show, and fur shading.

Four people in my house looked at the pic, and saw an animal, when asked what they could see in the pic. No hints. Only after that were they told where the pic was taken.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Four people in my house looked at the pic, and saw an animal

I bet you the majority of people asked that had ever seen a squirrel or guinea pig would see an animal at first glance... that's the point.

It looks like an animal to me too.

But, I think it's a rock based on an abundance of other evidence.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neill887

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
Mars has absolutely no military or strategic value. It is too far away and too difficult to get there for it to be any use to anyone.

We don't know that for sure. There's a lot of money going into the black project world. We might have to assume that they're at least 20 years ahead of the rest of us. That's at least what some researchers are saying.

There have also been a number of supposed whistleblowers that say that advanced propulsion systems are already being developed. I wouldn't be surprised that in the near future we found out that the TR-3B is an actual craft.

That's what some of my university professors said too. They had worked on defense industry work, and many things in the consumer market came from military technology; night vision goggles, digital mobile phones but with a time lag of one or more decades.

Even with regular academic research, the research will be ten years ahead of what is available commercially simply because it is research.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join