It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAX airport approves a private lounge for the rich

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What next? Sky boxes at sporting events?

This is going to far!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

whats the point of becoming rich if you cant do rich things with it? also, you keep rich people buying your stuff by giving them more stuff to buy. because they like to do rich things. and as much as i understand your resentment of the situation, i cant help but wonder how you would feel if it was you enjoying that lounge. are you just a tiny bit jealous? i am.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This actually makes a great amount of sense to me, after all, do you honestly think Bill Gates is going to try and commit a terror attack?

So why make him have to go through all the trouble you all have to put up with?
edit on 22-11-2015 by VictoriaCromwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

whats the point of becoming rich if you cant do rich things with it? also, you keep rich people buying your stuff by giving them more stuff to buy. because they like to do rich things. and as much as i understand your resentment of the situation, i cant help but wonder how you would feel if it was you enjoying that lounge. are you just a tiny bit jealous? i am.

I think there are few people who have money that inherited it.

Most people worked hard, stayed focused, and earned it.

I've had the opportunity and didn't take advantage of it. My fault.

If you earned the perks, good for you. Enjoy them. You owe no one anything.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

It sounds like it's an actual separate terminal...

Which they are paying for.

Jelly much?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So when they had white people only restaurants that was bad, but rich people only is just fine?

I thought "special rights" were bad? That's what the Republicans say, which are about 2/3 of this site.

You people need to wake up.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You want to ban country clubs too since you are apparently too broke to get in one?

edit on 22-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's the public causing this. You've got Brad and Angelina trying to get through the airport with a hundred children, and the Kardashians trying to get through pushing baby strollers, and people taking picts of their kids (for money) and screaming their names, screaming personal questions, and all that rot. Some days you just want to be left alone I guess.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So when they had white people only restaurants that was bad, but rich people only is just fine?

I thought "special rights" were bad? That's what the Republicans say, which are about 2/3 of this site.

One reason that comparison falls flat on its face is that it is not illegal to be successful in this country. Much to your chagrin. So sorry little snowflake, but life is not fair. If you can't get yourself into a place in life where you can afford to do special things that others cannot do, who's fault is that? I refuse to attack or hold successful people accountable for others woes in life.

You are sounding like a spoiled whiner that is having a temper tantrum in the mall because you saw Johnny with the new toy that you can''t have.

Time to grow up and face reality IMO.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yes because one said "if you are this color you can't get in" while this is saying if you can afford to get in then welcome..

Not sure what waking up has to do with it. Not everyone is equal and not everyone gets paid the same. If someone wants to pay to get in then great and more power to them.

If you can't afford it then you can still travel fine..you aren't being denied anything by letting people who can afford it go a different way.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I own and operate a retail establishment, And some people aren't allowed in my place of business; I don't care how much money they have. Just like some people are banned from ATS.

I pay the taxes, the rent, all the overhead; it's my prerogative to do business with whom ever I want.

Care to hazard a guess as to the people that I won't allow to shop in my place?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Fat, hairy men in see-through yoga pants?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
LAX is awful. If you had the cash you'd beg for a place like this.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I own and operate a retail establishment, And some people aren't allowed in my place of business; I don't care how much money they have. Just like some people are banned from ATS.

I pay the taxes, the rent, all the overhead; it's my prerogative to do business with whom ever I want.

Where do you own a retail business?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

In the Land of Enchantment....

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That's a pretty weak argument. Equating civil rights to this does not pass the smell test in my opinion. It's childish in fact and very much like a child throwing a temper tantrum because another child got one more piece of candy than they did. Most of us outgrow that by our teen years.

If I earn more than you because I spent more time in school and learned skills that are in demand and worked really hard to better myself, I should not be able to pay for something like this, just because others who made bad choices don't have as much income? Absurd.

I'm far from having the money to take advantage of this, but I fully support it existing and would take advantage if I had the money.

Do you think we should outlaw luxury cars and everyone should be forced to drive the same cheap cars? Do you think we should all live in little studio apartments because the poor can't afford a house or better apartment? Do you think we should do away with expensive wines or expensive foods just to be fair?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
sounds lovely. if the rich absolutely, positively have to wait, i'm sure this will ease their distress.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

In the Land of Enchantment....

I doubt you are in Los Angeles.

Competition here is too fierce to have your attitude.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It sounds like it's an actual separate terminal and they're just calling it a lounge, but this is about the rich getting special rights. Pretty soon they'll have their own supermarkets, restaurants, courtrooms and everything else while the rest of us will be crowded in substandard facilities with migrants and refugees.

They used to call it discrimination, but I guess in America now that's fine as long as it's against working people in general and not just minorities.

Wait a minute. This will primarily serve the liberal voting Democrats in Hollyweird. Typical limousine liberals.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Do you think we should outlaw luxury cars and everyone should be forced to drive the same cheap cars? Do you think we should all live in little studio apartments because the poor can't afford a house or better apartment? Do you think we should do away with expensive wines or expensive foods just to be fair?

You just described life in the Soviet Union! Everyone drove a Lada, wore identical clothing, all worked for the state and lined up for blocks for their loaf of bread and toilet paper. We have a couple of generations of people who never heard of that. I have a feeling that's where we're heading.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join