It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honduras Stops 5 Syrians With Fake Passports Headed To The US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
5 young Syrian men were just caught with FAKE Greek passports trying to get into the US through Honduras and Mexico.
Given what was discovered about the Paris ISIS terrorists having fake passports...and the fact that ISIS is almost certainly sneaking terrorist cells into the US disguised as Syrian refugees. This arrest by Honduran authorities is particularly timely, telling...and should set off alarm bells...especially since ISIS says attacks on Washington DC are coming soon.

Obama is welcoming Syrians in the US legally, by the thousands...so why were these FIVE athletic, young Syrian men using phony Greek passports to sneak in to the US through Mexico?

They're hardly the Syrian widows and orphans Obama is talking about.

Authorities in Honduras have detained “five Syrian nationals who were trying to reach the United States using stolen Greek passports” and, as Fox reports, the five “Syrians were trying to arrive in the U.S. by land, presumably by traveling through Mexico:”

The group of Syrian men was held late on Tuesday in the Honduran capital of Tegucigalpa on arrival from Costa Rica and they were planning to head to the border with neighboring Guatemala. The passports had been doctored to replace the photographs with those of the Syrians, police said.

Also according to Fox, the five “suspects remain in police custody.”

The newspaper reports that the passports were stolen in Greece and doctored to insert the photos of the Syrians into the document. Authorities have stated they are “on alert” for any additional suspect activity.

Honduran police spokesman Anibal Baca told reporters Wednesday that those arrested were “normal Syrians”:

We received information from (fellow) police services that these five Syrians left Greece and passed through Turkey, Brazil, Argentina and San Jose in Costa Rica before finally reaching Tegucigalpa.

Honduras is a signatory to the United Nations Convention on the Status of Refugees as of 1967, which mandates the nation by international law to accept Syrian refugees. It is one of 142 countries to have ratified the agreement.

Photos have also surfaced in South American media of the Syrians under arrest.

As a Central American nation, Honduras is a significantly trafficked route for migrants attempting to make their way to the United States. Honduran officials have previously blamed the Obama administration’s “mixed messages” regarding illegal immigrants for encouraging human trafficking in Central and South America, as more are likely to attempt the dangerous trip north if given hope that they may be given legal status upon arriving in the United States.

www.breitbart.com...

MORE:
www.cnn.com...

dailycaller.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Remember the comedy SOAP from the late seventies/early eighties?

We are actually living in that world presently.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

After 9/11, I vividly recall wondering why the US government was spending an enormous amount of money to protect this country from terrorists when they wouldn't even protect our southern borders.

Made no sense to me at all.

Seems like just about anyone can get in this country if they come in through those borders.

SMDH

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, I think I know just how this thread will go:
First of all, you are a racist only for talking about that. I hope you feel ashamed in your cold heart.

Then you sources are not legit, and if they are is only propaganda. Stop spreading propaganda.

Of course, we should also note that they are innocent until proven guilty. Five syrians were heading to US for the Christmas shopping, how dare you blame them?

You also must know that they were afraid of all the hate spread against them by the evil westerners so maybe they wanted to anonymously blend in.

And finally, whatever reason they had is only US fault for bombing Syria for so long; and the damn christians who fought so many crusades against them.

Other than that everything is fine. Be strong, don't surrender to fear and love your neighbors; especially the syrian ones.

edit on 18-11-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Maybe it was just Syrians trying to sneek in, good ole fashion illegal immigration versus terrorism.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I keep hearing about how easy it is for terrorists to sneak in among the refugees...if it's so easy then why did these "terrorists" decide to come in through the southern border?

So this leads me to two conclusions, it's not as easy as we keep hearing for terrorists to get past the vetting and background checks done by DHS or they were not terrorists and Fox and Breitbart as usual are painting everyone from Syria as a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Why were they using fake passports?

Probably because they didn't want to have to be vetted by the UN and DHS before being given refugee status to get here.

Just an idea.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This news was just released, as well.
It's clear ISIS is infiltrating countries, while posing as Syrian refugees. To deny that is just being obtuse...or naive.

Turkey: 8 suspected Isis terrorists trying to enter Germany as refugees arrested

Turkey has arrested 8 suspected Islamic State (Isis) militants at Islanbul's Ataturk Airport after investigations revealed that the suspects were planning to enter Germany posing as refugees.

According to state-run Anadolu Agency, the eight men claimed that they had come on a visit to Istanbul from Casablanca (Morocco) as "tourists." The police, however, were suspicious of the group and asked them where they were staying.

The police later found that the eight men were lying about their accommodation and, in fact, had made no reservations in any hotels.

From the Isis suspects, the police found a map and detailed handwritten note on how to reach Germany.

The group reportedly was planning to travel through Turkey's Aegean Izmir district to Germany, via Greece, Serbia and Hungary. Their plan was to enter Germany posing as refugees, the police said.

The Islamic State terrorist group has a high number of fighters from Morocco and, since the Paris attacks, travel advisories from various countries have put Morocco to be a high-risk place.

Just two days back, the authorities in the country announced that they had arrested four Isis members in Beni Mellal, about 182 km south-east of Casablanca who "were at advanced stages of preparation of terrorist attacks in Morocco."

www.ibtimes.co.in...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7it's not as easy as we keep hearing for terrorists to get past the vetting and background checks done by DHS

This is an absurd claim to make, in my opinion.

It's like saying that if the TSA catches one person trying to smuggle something on board an airplane, that must mean it is close to impossible to slip something past them. However, as shown HERE, three out of four times (75% of the time) the TSA fails at the task of screening.

So... I see your 5 (potential) terrorists and raise you 15.

Further, and I don't know you at all so I don't know your politics, but in the event that you are right about the "bad guys" using the Southern border to gain access.... would you be for finally closing the damn thing?
edit on 18-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ok, I have to ask?

Why Syrians?

Why not Afghans, Iraqi's, Yemeni, Libyans?

Why Is it the one country our governments need to secure and invade is the only country they're coming from? I guess the Libyans were cool with the carpet bombings and subsequent failed state, there's no need for those migrants to flee and ISIS to migrate with them. No, really, it's the Syrians....they just don't have the heart like the rest of these other Muslims.

Syria, Syria, Syria! OMG! Just attack already. Stupid people will call you heroes in history and the less ignorant will know you by your name.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: muse7it's not as easy as we keep hearing for terrorists to get past the vetting and background checks done by DHS

It's like saying that if the TSA catches one person trying to smuggle something on board an airplane, that must mean it is close to impossible to slip something past them. However, as shown HERE, three out of four times (75% of the time) the TSA fails at the task of screening.

Further, and I don't know you at all so I don't know your politics, but in the event that you are right about the "bad guys" using the Southern border to gain access.... would you be for finally closing the damn thing?

That's propaganda too, and yes I've read the article. You'd be surprised just how sophisticated TSA security is to a level I've actually never seen reported before but have been told by someone who would know.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
These 10-15 Syrians with fake Greek passports ... any evidence linking them to ISIS/ISIL/IS?

The CNN article (the only source not linked to a propaganda site) states that none of the arrests have links to terrorism.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: eluryh22

That's propaganda too, and yes I've read the article. You'd be surprised just how sophisticated TSA security is to a level I've actually never seen reported before but have been told by someone who would know.
That may very well be a sort of mis-information. However, this isn't the first time I've read about "test runs" like this and I'm sure it wont be the last.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
These 10-15 Syrians with fake Greek passports ... any evidence linking them to ISIS/ISIL/IS?

The CNN article (the only source not linked to a propaganda site) states that none of the arrests have links to terrorism.

Well, they're currently being investigated now, aren't they?
Interpol, Greek and Honduran authorities are working together investigating them...so, there's that. No details have been announced as to why they were being watched and followed. Perhaps they're just five young Syrian poker buddies who all happened to have stolen Greek passports. We'll see.
From CNN article:

"These citizens will be taken away and will be investigated. We already have confirmation that they had passports that were stolen in Greece," said Aníbal Baca, a spokesman for Honduras' Police Investigation Unit.

Greek authorities and Interpol were involved in Honduras detaining the men, Baca said. Before the men had arrived, they had traveled to Lebanon, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina and Costa Rica, he said.

Baca didn't specify why authorities had been tracking the men.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Five Syrian men with fake Greek passports trying to sneak in via the US southern borders has nothing to do with the refugee program because they clearly weren't trying to sneak in with Syrian refugees. Actual refugees aren't sneaking into the US via Mexico. They're stuck in Syria, or Europe, while they wait for two years during which the US vets them via intelligence agencies and much more. The reason why these five men were trying to sneak in is because they know they'll fail the vetting process.

They went from Greece, to Turkey, to Brazil, to Argentina, to San Jose in Costa Rica, and all the way to Honduras on stolen passports where they just changed the pictures? Sounds like the rest of the world needs to step up their boarder checks. Jesus, if any of this is true that's some incredible incompetence!

edit on 18-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

After 9/11, I vividly recall wondering why the US government was spending an enormous amount of money to protect this country from terrorists when they wouldn't even protect our southern borders.

Made no sense to me at all.

Seems like just about anyone can get in this country if they come in through those borders.

SMDH

But they didn't get to our boarders. They were arrested in Honduras....

Honduras

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Difference between the US vetting process and the TSA is a two year wait and involvement from the UN. While the TSA checks your bags, pockets, and shoes the US vetting process does a full background investigation.

This Is How the Syrian Refugee Screening Process Works

How are Syrian refugees referred to the U.S.?

The process begins with a referral from UNHCR. The U.N.’s refugee agency is responsible for registering some 15 million asylum seekers around the world, and providing aid and assistance until they are resettled abroad or (more likely) returned home once conditions ease. The registration process includes in-depth refugee interviews, home country reference checks and biological screening such as iris scans. Military combatants are weeded out.

Among those who pass background checks, a small percentage are referred for overseas resettlement based on criteria designed to determine the most vulnerable cases. This group may include survivors of torture, victims of sexual violence, targets of political persecution, the medically needy, families with multiple children and a female head of household.

What happens once a refugee is referred to the U.S.?

Our government performs its own intensive screening, a process that includes consultation from nine different government agencies. They meet weekly to review a refugee’s case file and, if appropriate, determine where in the U.S. the individual should be placed. When choosing where to place a refugee, officials consider factors such as existing family in the U.S., employment possibilities and special factors like access to needed medical treatment.

How do we know the refugees aren’t terrorists?

Every refugee goes through an intensive vetting process, but the precautions are increased for Syrians. Multiple law enforcement, intelligence and security agencies perform “the most rigorous screening of any traveler to the U.S.,” says a senior administration official. Among the agencies involved are the State Department, the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Center, the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security. A DHS officer conducts in-person interviews with every applicant. Biometric information such as fingerprints are collected and matched against criminal databases. Biographical information such as past visa applications are scrutinized to ensure the applicant’s story coheres.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

BRAVO! That's the million dollar question!

How come no one cares about any other Middle Eastern refugee coming to America since 9/11?

The US has taken in over 700,000 refugees from all over the world since then and not a peep of concern from anyone until now.

That's the power of politicians and their political leaning news outlets, blogs, and trash sites. Shows how manipulated people are right now as these IS attacks unfold in first world nations. No one cares about terrorist attacks in third world nations by IS which are far more devastating than anything we've seen in Paris. Iraq has become a terrorist hell hole. No one puts up an Iraqi flag on their Facebook page when daily attacks occur. How about Libya? Where's their flag on FB? No one cares.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

So the only thing we know is that 5 Syrian men with fake passports is that they may be entering the US. May as well assume their terrorists and keep the fear train rolling, right?

I do find it amazing they were able to make it thus far from Syria but how many terrorists have we caught sneaking into the US via Mexico? Surely the MSN would have been covering it non stop since the rise of ISIS, hell Al Qaeda.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Who hasn't used a fake passport at one time or another...?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join