It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this eugenics by stealth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Mental health early deaths 'worrying in one in four areas'(BBC)

"Nearly one in four areas of England has unacceptably high rates of early deaths among people with mental health problems, a report suggests."

Have a read of this article and see what our UK government are up to just lately. I have been keeping tabs on this nationwide epidemic of suicide among people with mental health issues. People are being messed around with benefits big time so they can't even keep warm and eat properly. The stress from dealing with the authorities is making people very poorly. There is article after article about it even in the MSM.

I really hate you bastards for doing this; Wicked evil murdering British Government. You are no better than the Third Reich:

"In each area, the premature mortality rate was higher among those with mental health problems.

But in 51 areas, it was judged to be "particularly worrying"."

No pressure from the British moron public either who don't give a hoot about their fellow. Curses, curses, curses!

I tell you I understand the rage of Islam about you. I feel the same about you. May be I should go join IS and fight you #ers.

So #ing angry about this.

Believe it I am at war with you, too. You are my enemy and I hate you for your lack of care, compassion and support for the many people who have mental health issues.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
Yes is it. Keep up, its been happening for 4 yrs. Over 600 suicides have been directly linked to ian Duncan smith policies on disabled peoples benefits. Its disgusting.
The thing no-ne knows about politicians is they are immune from prosecution because of the office they hold. Political policies can not be brought to justice.

edit on 18-11-2015 by chewi because: spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The financial crisis has put such a burden on men in particular. Living in a patriarchal society men are expected to be the bread winners and look after the family. This has become much harder for many and there is nothing more depressing than not having the money to support yourself let alone your family. Even though we are starting to see an increase in employment, there is still much pressure to find the job that pays enough to keep the family in a certain level of comfort. People have been turning to pay day loans and other loan sharks in order to keep their heads above the ground. It's no surprise suicides are increasing. It's a very sad state of affairs and when support for people with mental health issues is being cut, the problem will likely increase. We need a new way of dealing with the stresses of modern life, that don't include reaching for the bottle or drugs to tackle stress. We all need to move away from a materialist philosophy to something more encompassing of life and positivity. It's all very easy for me to say. I live at home with my retired parents, so have few financial responsibilities if any. Of course I will be here for them when they need the help and can't afford care, but that's the beauty of family. The most valuable thing people can have.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
I am really pleased you have family as this is known as a support network. The majority of people who commited suicide had their support network removed by the gov and left to fend for themselves. I would love you too imagine life without your support network and no money, food, heating, hot water , friends , tv or even enough to pay the bills that don't include any of this like tax.
Some of these people have to find money after they have received the life saving benefits before they even start to think of feeding themselves. These people regularly run out of money on the day they receive it leaving them fighting for up to a month.
ITS MURDER

edit on 18-11-2015 by chewi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Its nothing to do with not giving a hoot, most of us don't even know about this. Its not like the media plaster it all over the place for public consumption. With all the cuts in everything, most people are just trying to exist let alone actually live. I'm getting that at the moment many people are seriously struggling day to day and living the eat work sleep routine and just haven't the time to do anything else.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I really hate you bastards for doing this; Wicked evil murdering British Government. You are no better than the Third Reich:

Are you having some mental health issues? No joke, comparing a government that's addressing and admitting a problem to a regime that killed people for having a problem is a bit of a red flag.

I tell you I understand the rage of Islam about you. I feel the same about you. May be I should go join IS and fight you #ers.

I don't think you are well. I've actually seen a few of your posts (I have a terrible memory and remember worrying about you) and thought that you were a few posts away from being banned. No judgement, message me if you want to talk, but I don't think you're being rational at the moment and I genuinely worry for you.

I'm not in the UK, but if you need help I'm pretty sure one of us can find you some. The way you're talking sounds really familiar to me, and I think perhaps you might feel better if you go talk to someone.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I do not believe eugenics plays a part, but it is certainly social engineering.

It is also utterly unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
The financial crisis has put such a burden on men in particular. Living in a patriarchal society men are expected to be the bread winners and look after the family. This has become much harder for many and there is nothing more depressing than not having the money to support yourself let alone your family. Even though we are starting to see an increase in employment, there is still much pressure to find the job that pays enough to keep the family in a certain level of comfort. People have been turning to pay day loans and other loan sharks in order to keep their heads above the ground. It's no surprise suicides are increasing. It's a very sad state of affairs and when support for people with mental health issues is being cut, the problem will likely increase. We need a new way of dealing with the stresses of modern life, that don't include reaching for the bottle or drugs to tackle stress. We all need to move away from a materialist philosophy to something more encompassing of life and positivity. It's all very easy for me to say. I live at home with my retired parents, so have few financial responsibilities if any. Of course I will be here for them when they need the help and can't afford care, but that's the beauty of family. The most valuable thing people can have.

This was a great post. I think you really hit the nail on the head - it's tough out there for so many people but if we have a strong family unit at least we can support each other (in the family). Great insights.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Similar reports from the US too - especially for ages 40-55. Will see if I can find it, try to get back to you.

The search terms might be something about early or premature deaths, suicide as highest cause. Relatively new study.

F&S&

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
Yes is it. Keep up, its been happening for 4 yrs. Over 600 suicides have been directly linked to ian Duncan smith policies on disabled peoples benefits. Its disgusting.

Would it be too much to ask to have you source this claim or are you going to attack me for questioning your "wisdom"?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You're on to something here, and it's bigger than Britain. ...We've known for a good while that life expectancy is falling in 'developed' nations - now it's officially recognized. Time to jump on it and push for more info.

A group of middle-aged whites in the U.S. is dying at a startling rate

...The mortality rate for white men and women ages 45-54 with less than a college education increased markedly between 1999 and 2013, most likely because of problems with legal and illegal drugs, alcohol and suicide, the researchers concluded. Before then, death rates for that group dropped steadily, and at a faster pace.

...The rising death rate was accompanied by an increase in the rate of illness, the authors wrote in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

...“Half a million people are dead who should not be dead,” he added. “About 40 times the Ebola stats. You’re getting up there with HIV-AIDS.”

...While the death rate for African Americans is still greater than the rate for whites, the turnaround among whites is shocking because of the advantages they enjoy, said David Weir, director of the health and retirement study at the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan.

Typically, socioeconomic circumstances “gang up on African Americans, who have lower education, lower incomes and race all working against them,” said Weir, who also reviewed the study for the journal. “In this case, that’s not happening.”

When they pored over the data, however, they found that mortality rates for this group had risen an average of a half percent per year since 1999, after falling an average of 2 percent annually for the 20 years before that. If mortality rates group had stayed on their steady downward course, a half-million more people would be alive today, they determined.

When they looked at illness (morbidity), “there was a large and statistically significant decline in the fraction reporting excellent or very good health” that was matched by increased reports of physical pain, according to the study.

The proportion of people who said they were in “serious psychological distress” also rose significantly, the research shows.

....more....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Attack. Sorry have I missed something. Who have I attacked and where. When did I push your buttons. Sorry for the confusion if I caused any.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

I was just asking a question. I've become a bit jaded when I ask people to source their unsourced claims around here because that's what people do. They deflect and attack me, so that's why I said it. So are you going to back it up with a link?
edit on 18-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This may seem stupid but the reason I have never posted a link is because I don't know how. You can get the info if you google Ian Duncan smith benefit cuts.

It is a fact I am living with and I am my own source as I was affected by these cuts. So you could say you got it from the horses mouth as I know a lot of people who have had their support network stopped.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
This may seem stupid but the reason I have never posted a link is because I don't know how. You can get the info if you google Ian Duncan smith benefit cuts.

Well the basic way is to just ctrl+c the url and ctrl+v it in the post you are making, but there is also a button above your post window (it's the one with the box and an arrow pointing out of the top right corner of it) that you can click with your cursor that will walk you through it really easily. First you post the text you want to display over the link then press Ok. Then in the next window you paste the url and hit ok. Then it posts the correct html code in your post for you.

It is a fact I am living with and I am my own source as I was affected by these cuts. So you could say you got it from the horses mouth as I know a lot of people who have had their support network stopped.

I mean that's great and all, but you made a claim specifically about statistics. Statistics cannot be proven with anecdotes. I happen to be unfamiliar with this issue so I don't know what is true and what isn't about it, but I definitely don't make it a habit to believe a random opinion on the internet just because the person's words SOUND credible. I'm trying to deny ignorance here.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I think your hypothesis is legitimate - but you have some work to do. Hope this helps:

Duncan Smith... is planning a radical overhaul of sickness benefits that the government hopes will force up to a million more disabled people into work.

Changes to employment and support allowance and the assessment of people claiming sickness benefits are aimed at shrinking the “disability employment gap” by taking many people off benefits and expecting them to move into work.

Some disability campaigners claim they are being targeted as part of a £12bn cut in the welfare bill ...

More than 55,000 people end their own lives in the European Union each year. In England, that figure is 4,722 - that's one death every two hours - and at least 10 times that number attempt suicide

Around 78% of suicides are men and in almost all cultures, the suicide rate rises with age. The highest rates of suicide in the UK are among people aged 45 to 49 years and it remains a common cause of death in men aged 40 to 44 with 26.9 deaths per 100,000 people.

edit on 18/11/15 by soficrow because: format

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Hope it helps and thanks for the advice.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Have a read of this article and see what our UK government are up to just lately. I have been keeping tabs on this nationwide epidemic of suicide among people with mental health issues. People are being messed around with benefits big time so they can't even keep warm and eat properly. The stress from dealing with the authorities is making people very poorly. There is article after article about it even in the MSM.
So how come you quote an article which says nothing about your claims that benefit cuts and 'dealing with authorities' is a major contributing factor.
The article even says this:

Many of these areas have high levels of deprivation, as would be expected, but a number of relatively affluent places were also flagged up.
For example, Bath and North East Somerset, Wokingham and the London borough of Kingston all had premature death rates in the general population below the national average but high rates among those with mental illness.

As far as I see it your OP is based solely on unsourced opinion, and would be better suited in the rant forum.

*Edit*
So people with mental illness apparently seem more likely to commit suicide? Tragic of course, but hardly a surprise is it.
edit on 18.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Thanks and no problem. Glad I could help. I'm going to read it now.

ETA: Ok I read the article. That sounds pretty troubling... It's a shame that when politicians are looking to make cuts to the budgets, it's always the most vulnerable that suffer the most. After all, their ability to petition the government about their grievances is likely non-existent so clearly they don't matter to them. We need people to speak up FOR these people. It's one of the reasons I started speaking on behalf of minority rights in the US. Man, what I read there sounds like something a conservative state government would do to its welfare programs in the states to save money...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am trying to track the study carried out by university professors at Liverpool and Manchester who linked the deaths. They are also saying he could face prosecution but that's another story. I will post link as soon as I can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join